FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW

My opinion hasnt changed. He forced him off the road and then expects him to back off, he should have left more room for the corner.

There was no forcing. Maldonado tried to undertake on a corner that obv wasn't going to work. Ham had no reason to leave room.

But you keep on believing.....
By bud

My opinion hasnt changed. He forced him off the road and then expects him to back off, he should have left more room for the corner.

There was no forcing. Maldonado tried to undertake on a corner that obv wasn't going to work. Ham had no reason to leave room.

But you keep on believing.....

Exactly, Lewis did nothing wrong, it was great defensive driving in holding track position and racing line. A normal racer would have backed off once he was beaten, beaten in that Maldanado had to leave the track! There's no way you can fault Lewis Fluffy!
By racechick
I'm not a lewis hater, just don't like his whinging in the past.

Have you heard Vettel? have you heard Alonso? have you heard Button? The list goes on. I havent heard any whinging when Lewis' pit stops have been atrocious, his car is dropped off the jack, he's underfuelled and loses his pole, he's taken out by a madman.
By What's Burning?

people change... grow, take a look at the Alonso thread and the comments over there, a lot of folks stating I didn't like him but now I do, because XYZ... so will you come back next time next year if Lewis continues his exemplary performance for McLaren and say maybe he's changed an you can appreciate the level up in performance, or will you still be singing the same song?

Because Maldonado is in the running for the WDC of whining, or you don't mind it on him so much?
By LewEngBridewell
One thing that makes me laugh is how Pastor pulls off the most ridiculous moves and refuses to put any blame on himself. This makes him even more childish, IMO, that "whining" Hamilton. He did it with his stupid antics in Spa last year, with Perez in Monaco and after the incident in Valencia.

Hamilton was in no way to blame for the incident, and even HE didn't lay blame when asked about it.

This is one of the things that really make me dislike the Williams driver. :nono:
By Hammer278

Lol obvious hater is obvious.

Lewis is not even close to the whinging done by Alonso, Massa, Webber, or even Button ("No Grip in Q3s and Sundays")...you can just come out already.
By Hammer278
guys, it's "whining".

Check the dictionary...it's whinging. Whining is what the dude in my avatar does.
By acosmichippo
huh. thought I'd seen all those silly british word variations already. But in my defense:

By Hammer278
In my defence,

whinge [hwinj, winj] Show IPA
verb (used without object), whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal .
to complain; whine.

Origin:
before 1150; dial. ( Scots, N England), earlier Scots quhynge, Old English hwinsian (not recorded in ME); cognate with Old High German winsōn ( German winseln ); derivative of Germanic base of whine
By Hammer278
Good man.
By Injen

Yeah okay,man up and admit you just don't like him,don't hide behind some petty excuse.

Jenson has been whinging non stop,i bet you have no problem with him though. :wavey-finger:
By geetface9
:censored: I love Maldonado!!

The guy has flair :twisted::thumbup:

I'm really bummed that maldonado lost out to 3rd place because of that incident though :( That's the only bad outcome of that incident :D

I highly agree with others that he should have waited to burn hamilton until the last turn going onto the main straight like he did to webber though, or the small straight that was shortly after where the incident took place. At the same time, Hamilton has mentioned before that being consistently in the points is the key to the championship this year. He seems to have forgotten that during those few seconds. 4th would have been much more palatable than 19th.

I see world championships for pastor, the guy's pace is unbelievable in that williams, especially considering how slow senna is in the same car, and how The Revered One said he was supposed to be so :censored: fast :rolleyes: If I remember correctly, several forum members and documentaries I have seen lead me to believe that The Revered One had a reputation quite similar to the one Maldonado is building for himself...

Anyway, plenty of people were defending vettel when he was running everybody and their mom off track in 2010, so I'm gonna spout the same bullsh1t here and now about maldonado. Wait til he gets into a red bull and we'll see a championship or two outta this guy.
By racechick
You could say what would one of the top three drivers do in that Williams. It'd have a bunch more points than its got now.

See our F1 related articles too!