FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
Jenson will bounce back, every driver has a slump in form. Rather at the start of the season then the end.

Probably the simplest and most accurate post in this thread so far; Lewis had a rather large slump in form last season and he bounced back this season!
By What's Burning?
Jenson will bounce back, every driver has a slump in form. Rather at the start of the season then the end.

Probably the simplest and most accurate post in this thread so far; Lewis had a rather large slump in form last season and he bounced back this season!

:yikes: are you saying we'll have to wait till next season? There goes the WCC battle.
By Hammer278

Where was this 'slump' by Lewis last season? You mean his accidents? We're talking about sheer pace here....as in not getting lapped by your teammate. :P
By What's Burning?
Has Jessica been at the last handful of races? I know his dad's always there.
By Hammer278
Maybe his dad and Jessica had a fight, and he's vowed to both of them to expect him to drive like an idiot until they make up.
By The Second Coming
:rofl: :rofl: Brawn wont have jenson back..
Maybe the help has been withdrawn or downsized, leaving him struggling

(sarcasm)

RC, you crack me up! :hehe:

I'm just saying...
By myownalias

Where was this 'slump' by Lewis last season? You mean his accidents? We're talking about sheer pace here....as in not getting lapped by your teammate. :P

Doesn't matter how fast Lewis was; all that matters is the points at the end of the race... pace is nothing without points!
By What's Burning?

Doesn't matter how fast Lewis was; all that matters is the points at the end of the race... pace is nothing without points!

Last year? Points were meaningless really even the bookies stopped counting in July... race wins were the only other measure of success. So the only thing Jenson won last year was red stickers on his T bar and bragging rights against Lewis.
By Injen
Lol,some of these people are in denial in this thread.

Fact..Jenson is not as fast as Lewis,Alonso,Vettal,Grosjean,Sergio,Maldonado,Rosburg,especially when it comes to Qualifying.He never was any good a qualifying unless he had an advantage like the Brawn car.

Fact..The MP4-27 unlike the 2011 car has had a lot of Jenson input built into it,it's not built around Lewis like the MP4-26,so that's that excuse out the window.

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson are driving identical cars,they are the same car Just like Paddy and Martin and Ron have said.

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson can have nothing hidden from the other,Jenson can set up his car,like he has done,exactly the same as Lewis's.

Fact.. All drivers have to use the same tires and they all have DRS available at the same time during the race.

Fact.. The cars are very close now in timings,this means that you have to be on your game if you want to start at the front of the grid,Qualifying is key,Jenson is is really suffering because of his slow qualifying times,that's not the car that's the driver.

Fact.. With Lewis's medium 2011 people really forgot that he is a top driver and very fast,Jenson along with the media actually thought he beat Lewis at his best and now in 2012 Lewis's is at his best and JENSON HAS NO ANSWER,the loving Jenson groupie media fed him the cool aid and he drank it,silly boy. :rofl:

Fact.. There are faster and better drivers in cars that are not far off the Mclaren or just as good,Jenson is being found out with every race,there is no bouncing back unless he can step up his game and out qualify Lewis,Vettal and Alonso and Rosburg,it's as simple as that.

If Jenson thinks it's bad now then he aint seen anything yet,the screw is about to tighten even more because their is no magic formula for a driver who is slow,no matter what he does to the car he will suffer.

Other drivers are bringing the pain but Lewis is about to bring the suffering,the self doubting demons have already set in lol.Perhaps if he would not of believed the groupie media hype he would be more equip to deal with the overblown expectations.

No grip Jenson really hasn't got any grip,in his own words "i'm lost" lmfao.
By jayjay
Button is not in the same league as Hamilton but his performances at the minute are not representative of the best he can produce.
Yes he has the same car and yes he can copy Hamiltons setup but that is not the answer to his problems.
He needs to find his own optimum setup to suit the way he drives, not follow Hamiltons because we all know they are two very different drivers.
Its down to Mclaren as a team to sit down with Button and work these setup issues out and once they do get it right Button will do a very good job I believe.
I was never under the impression that Button is the best driver on the grid but at the same time he is not a driver that is only in F1 for the sponsorship money he may bring to a team. That speaks volumes nowadays.
If Button cant get to grips with the car then I think Mclaren would feel as though they failed him, and rightly so.
He says the car has no grip, its down to the engineers to give him that grip he needs.
By andrew
Lol,some of these people are in denial in this thread.

One could say the same for those who are convinced he is not a good driver - he’s a champion! Sure Brawn had a helping hand early in 2009 but once that advantage was gone he was still competitive. Watch the 2009 Brazilian GP.

Fact..Jenson is not as fast as Lewis,Alonso,Vettal,Grosjean,Sergio,Maldonado,Rosburg,especially when it comes to Qualifying.He never was any good a qualifying unless he had an advantage like the Brawn car.

Unless all these drivers get a go in the same car they are pretty much uncomparable. You’re making this sound like a black and white issue. It is not. It is several shades of grey.

Fact..The MP4-27 unlike the 2011 car has had a lot of Jenson input built into it,it's not built around Lewis like the MP4-26,so that's that excuse out the window.

Surely the cars are built with input from both drivers seeing as McLaren like to tells that both drivers are on equal status.

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson are driving identical cars,they are the same car Just like Paddy and Martin and Ron have said.

Identical until you get to individual set ups.

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson can have nothing hidden from the other,Jenson can set up his car,like he has done,exactly the same as Lewis's.

What works for one driver will not necessarily work for another driver.

Fact.. All drivers have to use the same tires and they all have DRS available at the same time during the race.

Not really sure why this needs to be stated. Kind of superfluous.

Fact.. The cars are very close now in timings,this means that you have to be on your game if you want to start at the front of the grid,Qualifying is key,Jenson is is really suffering because of his slow qualifying times,that's not the car that's the driver.

In part it’s the driver but it is most likely to be a case of the tyres and car not suiting a driver. As you correctly say, the timings are extremely close so surely the implications of a small problem are more obvious than if the timings were spread out more. I don’t think he is a million miles behind Hamilton but due to the closeness of this seasons grid the gap look more than it really is.

Fact.. With Lewis's medium 2011 people really forgot that he is a top driver and very fast,Jenson along with the media actually thought he beat Lewis at his best and now in 2012 Lewis's is at his best and JENSON HAS NO ANSWER,the loving Jenson groupie media fed him the cool aid and he drank it,silly boy. :rofl:

With Buttons medium 2012 people really forget he is a top driver and very fast etc etc.

Fact.. There are faster and better drivers in cars that are not far off the Mclaren or just as good,Jenson is being found out with every race,there is no bouncing back unless he can step up his game and out qualify Lewis,Vettal and Alonso and Rosburg,it's as simple as that.

Whose to say that any of the alternative drivers you mention would be any better in the McLaren? If a car doesn’t suit a driver they will suffer and look worse than they really are.

If Jenson thinks it's bad now then he aint seen anything yet,the screw is about to tighten even more because their is no magic formula for a driver who is slow,no matter what he does to the car he will suffer.

Other drivers are bringing the pain but Lewis is about to bring the suffering,the self doubting demons have already set in lol.Perhaps if he would not of believed the groupie media hype he would be more equip to deal with the overblown expectations.

You figure this one out how? As mentioned the guy is a former champion. McLaren are no mugs so it stands to reason that they’d boot out a driver who was no good.

No grip Jenson really hasn't got any grip,in his own words "i'm lost" lmfao.

Surely we should admire his honesty? Most drivers come away with the standard PR friendly “we have to look and see…”. At least Button has the stones to admit when he’s lost.

I also dispute the use of the word “fact” in the above. Looks to me more like opinions, as are my points. :wink:

Looking at Buttons problems from a neutral stand-point (I support neither driver), this is obviously more of an engineering related issue than a driver issue, i.e. it’s the car and tyres.

He has a 3 year contract with McLaren (who are not stupid) so they must know that he is capable.
By Injen
Button is not in the same league as Hamilton but his performances at the minute are not representative of the best he can produce.
Yes he has the same car and yes he can copy Hamiltons setup but that is not the answer to his problems.
He needs to find his own optimum setup to suit the way he drives, not follow Hamiltons because we all know they are two very different drivers.
Its down to Mclaren as a team to sit down with Button and work these setup issues out and once they do get it right Button will do a very good job I believe.
I was never under the impression that Button is the best driver on the grid but at the same time he is not a driver that is only in F1 for the sponsorship money he may bring to a team. That speaks volumes nowadays.
If Button cant get to grips with the car then I think Mclaren would feel as though they failed him, and rightly so.
He says the car has no grip, its down to the engineers to give him that grip he needs.

"He needs to find his own optimum setup to suit the way he drives"

Lol,another in denial comment,what the hell do you think he has been doing,that's the point.No matter how Jenson sets up his car he has no answer to Lewis,Alonso or Vettel,he has tried every way he knows,hence the "i'm lost" comment.Are you saying that a brilliant F1 team with years of experience don't know how to set up a car how the driver wants it,get real lol.

Lol,i just laugh at the desperate attempts to make excuses for Jenson because his fans drank the cool aid with him and now they are also scratching their heads lmfao.

See you after Valencia and what excuse you and Button come up with this time.

Jenson should except his lot in life and realize that last year he beat an under performing Lewis and this year their are other drivers in cars that are just as quick as the Mclaren.

2012 is a racers year and tires need to be warmed up not driven around cold lmfao.
By jayjay
In denial?

When did I ever claim Button was quicker than Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel?

I think some people need to appreciate the complexity of setups this year due to the tyres. Maybe then they would understand why a team of Mclarens stature still has not got it right.

If anyone listened to rons interview after the canadian GP there was also a few hints there as to how difficult it is too.
By Injen
In denial?

When did I ever claim Button was quicker than Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel?

I think some people need to appreciate the complexity of setups this year due to the tyres. Maybe then they would understand why a team of Mclarens stature still has not got it right.

If anyone listened to rons interview after the canadian GP there was also a few hints there as to how difficult it is too.

The cars are identical and Jenson can set up his car how he wants,just like Lewis and Vettel and Alonso,just like Jenson did at the start of the season.I listened to Ron and Paddy and they have said that they have built a great car,it's down to the drivers how they want to set it up,all the tools are their.

So going by your view,Jenson does not know how to set up his own car,right?

All of a sudden the man who is meant to be the best on tires and set up and team communication isn't as great as he and his fans and the media groupers have been saying.

You can't have it both ways but like i said,i can't wait to hear what he and you say after Valencia lol.
By CookinFlat6
With Buttons medium 2012 people really forget he is a top driver and very fast etc etc.

You really are a clown mate

You think 1/2 a point per race for 4 races, and coming last of the established drivers and getting lapped by your teammate is a medium situation that is comparable to anything Seb,Lewis, Alonso have ever done even in their darkest hour?

Can you point out a similar 4 race spell by any of the above?

Even when Seb had a broken chassis, he didn't come last

I thought you were just a bigot but I now suspect that you have an IQ lower than Jensons points tally

See our F1 related articles too!