FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By darwin dali
Now that he's back, there's nothing to prevent us from having an eponymous thread for him :)

ESPNF1:

"People always talk about motivation, but the people who write it probably don't even know me," Raikkonen told F1 Racing. "It's not a lack of motivation if your car is sh!t and even if you drive your best and still can't get a good result. My feeling is that I drove one of my best years in my last year for Ferrari. I've never had a problem with motivation."

Lotus was forced to withdraw from this week's test at the Circuit de Catalunya after discovering a problem with the E20-02 chassis, thought now to be related to the front suspension. And Raikkonen insists he will not get downhearted if things don't go according to plan.

"The last year I was with Ferrari we weren't always at the front. But they [Lotus] started well last year. We hope the new car will be strong but the rules are slightly different and you never know. But let's say we're eighth or something; we won't say 'Oh fu.ck - we'll give up.' We'll always try to improve and hopefully we'll be as high up as we can be."

As always: not mincing his words 8-)
By LewEngBridewell
As always: not mincing his words 8-)

And that's what makes him such a legend. :cloud9:

Oh, and his achievements too.
By Big Azza
But let's say we're eighth or something; we won't say 'Oh fu.ck - we'll give up.' We'll always try to improve and hopefully we'll be as high up as we can be."

Looks like a little dig at Alonso there. :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
But let's say we're eighth or something; we won't say 'Oh fu.ck - we'll give up.' We'll always try to improve and hopefully we'll be as high up as we can be."

Nothing like a bit of ice to cool down Alonso's simmering temper! :whip:
By Big Azza

Nothing like a bit of ice to cool down Alonso's simmering temper! :whip:

:thumbup:
By Hammer278
If Brawn hasn't worked some crazy magic on his Merc this year, I look forward to many wheel to wheel battles between Michael and Kimi as they should be sharing the same part of track quite a lot this year.
By andrew
Hopefully Lotus will let him be himself (within reason). He looked miserable at McLaren and Ferrari but seemed a totally different character when he was competing in WRC. Here's hoping he is still tyre blisteringly fast.
By scotty
Going to throw my weight behind Kimi - and of course Lotus - for the season.

:thumbup:
By LewEngBridewell

Hopefully the team's prep won't be hampered too much by the glitches experienced during the second pre-season test.
By Cai
Kimi Raikkonen will appear on the popular BBC TV show Top Gear as next week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

The episode, due to be aired on March 11, will see the 2007 world champion drive a Suzuki Liana around the Top Gear Test Track at Dunsfield Aerodrome. Raikkonen will also be interviewed by the show's host Jeremy Clarkson.

His lap time in the Suzuki will be compared against those of Sebastian Vettel, Rubens Barrichello, Nigel Mansell, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Damon Hill, Mark Webber and of course the infamous Stig.

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsport/story/71806.html
By killem2
Kimi Raikkonen will appear on the popular BBC TV show Top Gear as next week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

The episode, due to be aired on March 11, will see the 2007 world champion drive a Suzuki Liana around the Top Gear Test Track at Dunsfield Aerodrome. Raikkonen will also be interviewed by the show's host Jeremy Clarkson.

His lap time in the Suzuki will be compared against those of Sebastian Vettel, Rubens Barrichello, Nigel Mansell, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Damon Hill, Mark Webber and of course the infamous Stig.

WOOOOOOOT!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
By cheekybru

WOOOOOOOT!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I still wanna see lewis have a go in the dry :yes:

And ace to have kimi back :)
By andrew

Said the bishop tpthe actress! :hehe:

Someone had to go there. I make no apologies!
By Blackavar

Said the bishop tpthe actress! :hehe:

Someone had to go there. I make no apologies!

For shame, sir. For shame!

See our F1 related articles too!