FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Maybe you should refrain from insults and I might read your responses beyond the first line.

Andrew has a point. I value my friends incredibly, they're very precious to me. I like to think I'm incredibly loyal to them, and would do my very best to help them out in all situations.

People point out mafia and criminals... situations like this can be avoided if you choose your friends well in the first place.

You can choose your friends all you want, that's not the situation here is it? If we're talking about your friends now, and one of them raped a woman, and you knew he'd done it, and he was asking you to lie about it and say that the woman came on to him and that it was consensual. In a court of law would you lie for your friend?

One answer is the just one, the other answer would make you a criminal and depending on who you are they both may require a certain level of rationalization. The rationalization is just so yo can live with yourself afterwards.
Unfortunately, I dont think you will find out the Truth - not for a long time anyway, and only a biased view of it.

I think its best you go have a hot cup of tea, and try to forget all about it. It will be easier that way. :coffee:

Could be sooner than you think: AS's F1 career seems over, so what better time than now to write his memoirs? :P

And his will be a biased view. As would LH's if you asked him. And you know what they say.

There are three sides to every story; Yours, Mine and the Truth.

Or was that just Extreme?
The only juicy thing here is what Lux may have said to get Sutil to react the way he did.

IMO, Lux is a pu$$y. If I got involved in a bar fight and it got physical, punches thrown, I got hurt maybe needed a couple of stitches in this case because of champagne flute shank. I would much rather kick my attacker in the face than ruin their professional career.
If a friend asked me to help them out I would do so regardless of the circumstances.

Even if they asked you to blatantly lie in court?

The truth is, none of us here know exactly what happened, what LH saw or what AS did. Anything else past this point is just wild guessing.

The fact of the matter here is, a lot of people seem do be making some blatant assumptions, based purely on their obvious hatred or love or certain drivers / teams, to enable them to back-up their skewed opinions on the aformentiond drivers. (which seems to drive most peoples arguments on this Forum - It amazes me how such a cross section of modern society can be brought together, over a common passion, but fail to have a decent discussion / debate / conversation, without be opend minded and willing enough to have their opion changed. In fact this sub-forum should be re-named 'General F1 Arguments').
So you're all claiming Lewis started it now? Arrrrgh Typical Alonso/Ferrari fans :yawn:

I guess Lewis had puppet strings on Sutil and made him do it too, He is the evil one who robbed Alonso of his 3rd title in a row right? :banghead:

I was merely using a quote from SUTIL's father... who said something about lewis being THE CAUSE of the discusion leading to the incident. So in that regard, is why I am asking what really went on (if anybody knows). Obviously, Sutil father's knows, Sutil and Lewis know. So the question is more: WHAT WENT ON THAT THERE IS A REASON FOR LEWIS TO HAVE CAUSED IT, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUTIL GUILTY OF DOING THE DAMAGE??

Nothing to do with Ferrari or how evil Lewis is :)
So you're all claiming Lewis started it now? Arrrrgh Typical Alonso/Ferrari fans :yawn:

I guess Lewis had puppet strings on Sutil and made him do it too, He is the evil one who robbed Alonso of his 3rd title in a row right? :banghead:

I was merely using a quote from SUTIL's father... who said something about lewis being THE CAUSE of the discusion leading to the incident. So in that regard, is why I am asking what really went on (if anybody knows). Obviously, Sutil father's knows, Sutil and Lewis know. So the question is more: WHAT WENT ON THAT THERE IS A REASON FOR LEWIS TO HAVE CAUSED IT, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUTIL GUILTY OF DOING THE DAMAGE??

Nothing to do with Ferrari or how evil Lewis is :)

I read that it was Alonso that said to Lux that Lewis had said something bout' his mama.
If a friend asked me to help them out I would do so regardless of the circumstances.

Was he asked to lie in court? I sincerely doubt it. All he can do is give his account of events, which may or may not help Sutil.

From what I've read, he was called by the prosecution to give his account of what happened. All he would be able to do would be tell the truth (or he'd screw himself and Sutil) which would either help prove or disprove what Lux is saying. The fact he refused to attend court and has since seemingly cut off all contact with his friend is what seems to have pissed of Sutil.

Was he asked to lie in court? I sincerely doubt it.

Come on now, I just went on to say that we don't know, and I never said he was asked to lie. My "Even if they asked you to blatantly lie in court?" statement was in response to you saying you would do ANYTHING for a mate.

All he can do is give his account of events, which may or may not help Sutil.

You seem to be giving two answers. a) So if you were Lewis, yes you would do anything you could to help your friend BUT b) you would go to court and give your account of events, which may or may not help Sutil.

Well thats not very helpful, given a statement in court, that might incriminate Sutil. A statement that you were not legally at liberty to give?

All my original statement said was, maybe Lewis thought the best way he could help was to keep quiet, and not attend? Surely you can give concession to that, and admit that possibly could be what happened? ......Or is your apparent hatred for Lewis / McLaren so far gone than you cant admit he might not have done something wrong for a change?

Was he asked to lie in court? I sincerely doubt it.

Come on now, I just went on to say that we don't know, and I never said he was asked to lie. My "Even if they asked you to blatantly lie in court?" statement was in response to you saying you would do ANYTHING for a mate.

Only a complete moron would lie in court and get themselves thrown in the chokey. My comment was more a general comment on this whole being asked to lie thing which seems to have materialised out of nowhere and seems to have no factual basis whatsoever.

All he can do is give his account of events, which may or may not help Sutil.

You seem to be giving two answers. a) So if you were Lewis, yes you would do anything you could to help your friend BUT b) you would go to court and give your account of events, which may or may not help Sutil.

Well thats not very helpful, given a statement in court, that might incriminate Sutil. A statement that you were not legally at liberty to give?

All my original statement said was, maybe Lewis thought the best way he could help was to keep quiet, and not attend? Surely you can give concession to that, and admit that possibly could be what happened? ......Or is your apparent hatred for Lewis / McLaren so far gone than you cant admit he might not have done something wrong for a change?

No, I'm not giving 2 answers. As I said, his version of events may or may not help Sutil. That is a risk that Sutil was seemingly willing to take. Even if his version of events landed Sutil right in the clarts, he would have still been seen to have made the effort but he either declined or was prevented from doing so. However, this only seems to be part of the problem. According to reports quoting Sutil and his father, it seems that Hamilton has cut all ties with Sutil and has given no explanation. Can't blame Sutil for being a bit steamed at that.

You savvy chief?
Hamilton hasn't had any problem with being asked to lie in the past so who knows :hehe:

JOKE before any idiot kicks off!

You savvy chief?

no

Tough. I've been as clear as I can with the blatantly obvious.

No, you've been contradictive, you've changed your argument, you've taken your argument in wildly differing directions when it suits. And you've been patronizing.

I fully understood what you were trying to say. I just don't believe its worth talking to someone who is so blatantly blinded by there disdain for a certain driver.

See our F1 related articles too!