Lewis Hamilton 44 Support

User avatar
FRAFPDD
Banned
Posts: 2627
Joined: 12 Aug 10, 20:12

Re: That's Lewis

Postby FRAFPDD »

Hammer278 wrote:You see it as a big call but I don't. That's why this is a forum.


I'm just saying that what you said was confusing to me mate,

Basing Alonso losing in 2010 to dominant cars and a pit call blunder as reason to suggest he wont win again doesnt make sense to me that's all.
Alain Prost - Lewis Hamilton - Kamui Kobayashi - Fernando Alonso - Kimi Raikkonnen - Jenson Button
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: That's Lewis

Postby Hammer278 »

The main reason is I see Ferrari not really reaching top level again for some time to come. And I personally believe Alonso is no longer a driver at his prime. He's still bloody good but just not good enough anymore. There's too much competition around and too much talent. When he won Championships, he only had 2 or 3 competitors like Michael, Kimi, and maybe Montoya at times. Today there's at least 5 drivers capable of beating him on their good days. And today nearly everyone brings their A game all the time, it's a fantastic field of racers we have today.
Breaking News:Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol(Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
User avatar
vlad
Posts: 4284
Joined: 08 Feb 11, 14:07
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Location: Banja Luka, RS (BA)

Re: That's Lewis

Postby vlad »

He can still produce fantastic races, but, I think Vettel and Hamilton have risen above him.
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."

Image
The Ram
Posts: 466
Joined: 04 Jan 10, 06:53

Re: That's Lewis

Postby The Ram »

Never count out Alonso. I have learned that lesson all to well last year.
Besson
Posts: 103
Joined: 08 Sep 08, 02:13

Re: That's Lewis

Postby Besson »

if Alonso hadn't mistakenly bashed into Hamilton in Malaysia and had to pit nobody would be questioning his ability as he would currently be comfortably ahead of Massa, as it is he followed that with a very average performance in China (possibly due to the hurried new part testing in practice leaving him without a decent setup), which maybe makes things seem a little worse than they really are.

Say we had the 3 week break after Malaysia and just after Hamiltons apparent poor performance. f1 forums (not here obviously) would be questioning HIS abilities instead of Alonso's, as it was he came back the next race and showed it was a one off and won a well deserved win.

People are way too reactionary and far too eager to criticize after a disappointing performace especially when there's a long time until the next one. Alonso is as good as ever and when he gets the chance he will prove it just like Hamilton just did.
User avatar
darwin dali
Forum Queen
Posts: 26937
Joined: 18 Mar 06, 02:56

Re: That's Lewis

Postby darwin dali »

Besson wrote:if Alonso hadn't mistakenly bashed into Hamilton in Malaysia and had to pit nobody would be questioning his ability as he would currently be comfortably ahead of Massa, as it is he followed that with a very average performance in China (possibly due to the hurried new part testing in practice leaving him without a decent setup), which maybe makes things seem a little worse than they really are.

Say we had the 3 week break after Malaysia and just after Hamiltons apparent poor performance. f1 forums (not here obviously) would be questioning HIS abilities instead of Alonso's, as it was he came back the next race and showed it was a one off and won a well deserved win.

People are way too reactionary and far too eager to criticize after a disappointing performace especially when there's a long time until the next one. Alonso is as good as ever and when he gets the chance he will prove it just like Hamilton just did.


FYI:
reactionary:
of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change.

I think you mean 'reactive' instead :wink:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
User avatar
F1er
Posts: 1440
Joined: 01 Dec 10, 23:09
Location: PlayboyMansion

Re: That's Lewis

Postby F1er »

The new nickname around the interwebs is TDG

"The Driving God"
Image
User avatar
vlad
Posts: 4284
Joined: 08 Feb 11, 14:07
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Location: Banja Luka, RS (BA)

Re: That's Lewis

Postby vlad »

People believe in everything nowdays...
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."

Image
User avatar
F1er
Posts: 1440
Joined: 01 Dec 10, 23:09
Location: PlayboyMansion

Re: That's Lewis

Postby F1er »

vlad wrote:People believe in everything nowdays...


Yes! Even Rubens! He must be a fanboy :hehe:

Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?
RB: I am a fan of Lewis Hamilton and I would like to see Robert Kubica alongside him. I think that could be a great driver line-up.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 11975.html
Image
User avatar
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Posts: 11398
Joined: 01 Apr 11, 17:04
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: United Kingdom

Re: That's Lewis

Postby LewEngBridewell »

F1er wrote:
vlad wrote:People believe in everything nowdays...


Yes! Even Rubens! He must be a fanboy :hehe:

Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?
RB: I am a fan of Lewis Hamilton and I would like to see Robert Kubica alongside him. I think that could be a great driver line-up.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 11975.html


And the dear old chap is right! It would be a great lineup 8-)
Image
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
User avatar
vlad
Posts: 4284
Joined: 08 Feb 11, 14:07
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Location: Banja Luka, RS (BA)

Re: That's Lewis

Postby vlad »

While Vettel keeps winning! :twisted:
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."

Image
User avatar
F1er
Posts: 1440
Joined: 01 Dec 10, 23:09
Location: PlayboyMansion

Re: That's Lewis

Postby F1er »

F1 is not Cycling where everyone has the same bike,if it was Lewis would dominate everyone,including Vettel :whip:
Image
User avatar
vlad
Posts: 4284
Joined: 08 Feb 11, 14:07
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Location: Banja Luka, RS (BA)

Re: That's Lewis

Postby vlad »

Dreaming... Such a lovely activity... :twisted:
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."

Image
Bubbie
Posts: 291
Joined: 12 May 09, 21:00
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: That's Lewis

Postby Bubbie »

Lewis is a better racer... Vettel is a better driver.

What I mean by this is that Lewis can wring the most out of a car. Take chances and most of the time those chances pay off. He can make a car do amazing things and pass people you wouldn't think he could.

Vettel is a better driver in that he can get a perfect lap out of the car on command. Vettel is able to be pinpoint perfect during a qualifying lap and also pull out really quick laps in the race when needed. His racecraft needs some work and I fear he won't hone this skill until he has a chance to run in the middle of the pack some more.
The opinions expressed in my posts do not reflect those of any entity I have association with - including my employer, your mother, or the voices in my head.
User avatar
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Posts: 11398
Joined: 01 Apr 11, 17:04
Favourite Team: McLaren
Location: United Kingdom

Re: That's Lewis

Postby LewEngBridewell »

Bubbie wrote:Vettel is a better driver in that he can get a perfect lap out of the car on command. Vettel is able to be pinpoint perfect during a qualifying lap and also pull out really quick laps in the race when needed. His racecraft needs some work and I fear he won't hone this skill until he has a chance to run in the middle of the pack some more.


Sounds similar to Michael Schumacher. And he is currently undergoing that middle-pack process :hehe:
Image
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing