FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By gdh
If Hamilton has another meltdown next season and threatens to quit again (presuming this yrs rumours were correct) will Team Merc try to calm him down or open the door wide and put another young hungry gun into the cockpit?
By sagi58
If Hamilton has another meltdown next season and threatens to quit again (presuming this yrs rumours were correct) will Team Merc try to calm him down or open the door wide and put another young hungry gun into the cockpit?

Are we taking a poll? :wink:
If you believe some press outlets; Hamilton is going to have his contract terminated . Which of course wont happen; all this keeping things private behind closed doors is just a way to do nothing at all; Hamilton will continue as he has done. Personally, I think Hamilton did nothing wrong, he and Rosberg were in a title battle, Wolff is naive to think he would do any different.
By sagi58
Agree that nothing will happen to Hamilton. And, that maybe it should have been expected!

HOWEVER, Hamilton should have been more considerate of his team which has gone on record
many times stating they would not implement team orders. He put them in a rather embarrassing
situation by "forcing" their hand, since his tactics were so very obvious to all and sundry!!

Not a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you! :nono:
You have to say that Mercedes clearly wanted Rosberg to win the title this season; if they truly wanted to let them race with no team orders then they would have let them battle as they see fit, even if they take each other out; they have secured both titles all ready, it was just a matter of which Mercedes driver took the title.
Sir Jackie weighs in - "Lewis is a little ballerina" - after Hamilton disobeyed team instructions in the race and withdraws from testing today:

"Stewart, Britain's only other triple world champion, delivered his stinging verdict with Mercedes still deliberating as to what action they will take against Hamilton after he disobeyed orders in Abu Dhabi.
Mercedes were unhappy with Hamilton for backing team-mate Nico Rosberg into the clutches of the chasing pack in a ploy, which they believe, could have cost the team victory.

Hamilton returned to the scene of his championship defeat on Tuesday for a Pirelli tyre test, but he failed to complete the scheduled day in its entirety after withdrawing through illness.
"I think he (Hamilton) can be a little ballerina," Stewart told Press Association Sport. "Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda are not stupid people, and neither is the Mercedes chairman who often comes to grands prix.
"You cannot threaten a multi-national corporation of that size by one man who is just not doing it the right way.
"Give him the option of 'either do it our way or you have to be excused'.""

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... erina.html
By sagi58
You have to say that Mercedes clearly wanted Rosberg to win the title this season; if they truly wanted to let them race with no team orders then they would have let them battle as they see fit, even if they take each other out; they have secured both titles all ready, it was just a matter of which Mercedes driver took the title.

I don't think that's a fair assumption to make. Hamilton had just as many opportunities (i.e., races) as Rosberg did from the beginning of the season that he could have accumulated enough points to earn his WDC. Also, let's not forget that Mercedes did what they could to help out Hamilton's "driving style" through use of a very loose interpretation of the rules, so that Hamilton was able to take a 55-grid penalty and yet start only ONE race (i.e. Spa) from the back!
I'm not saying Mercedes had it pre-determined from the start of the season, I was just referring to going into the final race; it was not like Mercedes could have lost anything more than the race win. They had already sown up the drivers and constructors titles, it was just a matter of which driver snagged the drivers title.
2016 memories of Hamilton's classy press conference selfies:

This is what you get for $30M a year I guess.
Last edited by overboost on 18 Dec 16, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis has gone on TV yesterday saying he was disrespected by Mercedes. This comes out after the 'clear the air' supper at Toto's. I wonder if Toto knew that this bomb was going to drop after supposedly everything being Ok in fact 'amazing' and 'fantastic' between Hamilton and the team with Merc deciding not to punish Hamilton for his unsportsman like driving and disobeying team instructions in Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton's new comments though now seemed focused on individuals rather than the team. Is he now taking on Toto directly?

Very disingenuous from Hamilton knowing that this interview was to be broadcast after supposedly making peace with the team. He is not to be trusted it seems.

Lewis Hamilton felt 'disrespected' by Mercedes after Abu Dhabi

""That was one of many uncomfortable moments of the year," he said. "Ultimately, seeing what had been said afterwards, I felt quite disrespected by the individuals who had spoken. You definitely don't expect that from those who are in charge of so many people."

Following the filming of the Channel 4 interview last week, Hamilton posted a video message on Instagram saying he and Wolff had patched things up during an "amazing" meeting in his kitchen, adding they would be the "strongest partnership" in 2017. Wolff commented that the meeting, which lasted several hours, had been "fantastic".

While Mercedes has since confirmed it will not punish Hamilton, the 53-time grand prix winner says he still feels uncomfortable about a number of incidents throughout the year, including his costly engine failure at the Malaysian Grand Prix in October, which led to his claims that "something or someone" did not want him to win a fourth world title."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/183 ... -abu-dhabi

edit:

Apparently Toto did not know:

""Ultimately, seeing what had been said afterwards, I felt quite disrespected by the individuals who had spoken. You don't expect that from those who are in charge of so many people."

Has the situation since been resolved? "No, it hasn't."

Diplomatic subtlety has never been one of Hamilton's strengths, but this still represents a remarkable broadside against employers who have steered him to two titles and 31 race victories in three years. Wolff expresses astonishment when told of the allegation of disrespect, while Rosberg, well versed in such verbal provocation after his days fighting Hamilton in junior karting, offers a wry smile.

"So he felt disrespected? OK, interesting. That's a new one.""

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport ... mp-laments
I would be very tempted to put Hamilton on the sidelines for 2017 with his attitude and run Pascal Wehrlein instead while Hamilton watched on...

During 2014/15, Rosberg was the driver with the most mechanical failures, so was Rosberg screwed in those years as Hamilton seems to be suggesting in 2016?
Hamilton is a royal pain in the a s s. This is right from Dr. Z himself!

‘Not Lewis again!’

Mercedes boss Dieter Zetsche has revealed to Autocar the moment he discovered that Nico Rosberg was retiring from Formula 1.

"And – of course – he was getting out the shower. “I was stepping out of the shower lacking any clothes - which I normally do when I get out of the shower! And my phone was ringing,” Zetsche explained.

“And I saw it was Toto [Wolff, Mercedes F1 boss] and I thought, oh again, something with Lewis! But then I got the news. And I did not expect that, I must say.”"

http://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/motor- ... on-rosberg
royal pain in the a s s
'aka (euphemistically) pain in the butt. A true pain, something damn boring, annoying, offending, labored, troublesome, exhausting or if something just extraordinarily sucks!'

diva
'a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic.'

Some overlap. Hamilton though pulls it all together and makes it his own. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!