Silverstone 2011

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
happyhammer

Re: Silverstone 2011

Post by happyhammer »

Bit of a long shop but I have been given two tickets for grandstand seating and am trying to sort parking, Does anyone have a ticket for park and ride for sixfields stadium they don't require. Alternatively am looking at parking at one of the schools in silverstone anyone have any experinces of this?
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

I camp so havent had to use carparks but you could try these.http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/silv ... grandprix/
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
G_MAN

Silverstone Woodlands Camping

Post by G_MAN »

I'm heading back to Silverstone this year with my brother having missed out last year. We've got a couple of three day general admission tickets with camping at Woodlands with the hope that a mate of mine who works for Mclaren will be able to get us a couple of paddock passes at some stage over the weekend. Has anyone got any experience of the campsite at Woodlands? I've heard it can be quite lively which i certainly don't mind. If it is, it'll be in complete contrast to the last place i stayed at which didn't really have any atmosphere at all.

<Moved Topic> WB
Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

not long to go now!, just over 2 weeks till one of the best races on the calendar, now hopefully bernie will leave it alone!
Tiger woods and Lewis Hamilton- idols and legends!
Mclaren- the past, present and forever!
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Robert12010 wrote:not long to go now!, just over 2 weeks till one of the best races on the calendar, now hopefully bernie will leave it alone!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Looking forward to it :)
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
FRAFPDD
Banned

Post by FRAFPDD »

MY FIRST GRAND PRIX IN LESS THEN TWENTY DAYS :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Still gotta find out how this M1 park and ride thing works though.
Alain Prost - Lewis Hamilton - Kamui Kobayashi - Fernando Alonso - Kimi Raikkonnen - Jenson Button
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Hey Fraff I was in the Beckets Granstand couple of weeks ago watching the motoGP. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!! It suddenly seems to have come quickly, not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

racechick wrote: not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.

I'd eat the leftovers mon petite chou epicurean princess.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
FRAFPDD
Banned

Post by FRAFPDD »

racechick wrote:Hey Fraff I was in the Beckets Granstand couple of weeks ago watching the motoGP. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!! It suddenly seems to have come quickly, not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.

partyfood, goodness we havent even thought of that........

Im planning on getting a portable battery pack for my ipod so i can film the parade, start and finishing laps to cherish forever! :cloud9:

and ive got a radio app on my phone, will this mean i can get either 5live or radio silverstone coverage?
Alain Prost - Lewis Hamilton - Kamui Kobayashi - Fernando Alonso - Kimi Raikkonnen - Jenson Button
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

FRAFPDD wrote:
racechick wrote:Hey Fraff I was in the Beckets Granstand couple of weeks ago watching the motoGP. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!! It suddenly seems to have come quickly, not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.

Im planning on getting a portable battery pack for my ipod so i can film the parade, start and finishing laps to cherish forever! :cloud9:

and ive got a radio app on my phone, will this mean i can get either 5live or radio silverstone coverage?

Yes you need the radio app. Its silverstone radio. i used it at the moto it was good. ( i usually take a digital radio but it was lost-the phone was better anyway). i used to videp everything but you miss too much doing that, Enjoy!!! and come agen next year :D
You need good food cos you're sat there all day and the food in circuit is ok but not great. The real party stuff will be on the campsite in the evening..the barbie. But a high class picnic I think with a nicely chilled Sauvignon blanc or maybe champers would go down well with quali. Quali i think I'll watch from the new pitstraight grandstand. Hmmm bring it on!!
Abe Lincoln

Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

FRAFPDD wrote:

Make better use of the pack and throw it at Vettel's car when it passes by. :hehe:
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
dgb01

Where to stand in Silverstone???

Post by dgb01 »

Hi everybody!

This will be my fourth visit to Silverstone (previous visits - 2000, 2001 & 2010), and I have always stood on the embankment at Club Corner.
This year I will not be able to do this due to the new pits/grandstand.
As I have a General admission ticket, where will be the best place for me to stand this year?

Many thanks,

David
racechick
Missing Mod

Re: Where to stand in Silverstone???

Post by racechick »

I've watched in general entry from Copse and from Beckets. Im in Beckets Grandstand this year but last year the general entry looked good from there. Copse used to be the first corner, it isnt anymore but should still be a good corner and worth watching from.It depends somewhat on which direction ule enter the track from...if ure rushing to get s good place.
Abe Lincoln

Petal

Post by Petal »

This is my first race visit to Silverstone. Can any one give me advice or tips on:
where to stand
what you can do
what you can see (other than the race obvs!)
what time you should be there
how best to get there

and anything else you can think of. Thanks!
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

Petal wrote:This is my first race visit to Silverstone. Can any one give me advice or tips on:
where to stand
what you can do
what you can see (other than the race obvs!)
what time you should be there
how best to get there

and anything else you can think of. Thanks!

Hey Petal, congrats, lucky you going to see it live! I know a few of our members are going as well. The thread is seven page long now, and I don't know if you read through it before posting some of your questions but I know I've seen the answers to some of them already here. If you plan on sticking around, give yourself an introduction in the intro thread.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...