FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By racechick
Right guys, Platinum Abbey or Platinum Becketts, its one of the two and Abbey is in the lead!

someone! help!

Abbey is now the new international pit straight...and its sold out.
Im in Becketts, and was last year. Stunning views. You get to see the cars twice, once when they come past and again when they drive on the new loop which comes right back close to the Becketts area.
Pitt straight will be just that, straight...but good fun to watch quali from cos yo get to see in the pits. Thats what Im planning because the grandstand tickets are roving on fri and sat, so you can watch quali in a different grandstand.

edit: sorry its not International Pit Straight, its next to it, thy've moved it a bit, but its also sold out.
By FRAFPDD
Right guys, Platinum Abbey or Platinum Becketts, its one of the two and Abbey is in the lead!

someone! help!

Im in Becketts, and was last year. Stunning views. You get to see the cars twice, once when they come past and again when they drive on the new loop which comes right back close to the Becketts area.
Pitt straight will be just that, straight...but good fun to watch quali from cos yo get to see in the pits. Thats what Im planning because the grandstand tickets are roving on fri and sat, so you can watch quali in a different grandstand.

edit: sorry its not International Pit Straight, its next to it, thy've moved it a bit, but its also sold out.

its still listed on f1 website so i assume once you start the booking it tells you they are sold out, so abbey and the pit straight (new one) are sold out? bummer? i was only planning on gping race day anyway, i wantes weekend seats but mu old man isnt as keen on f1 as me and isnt willing to pay for a whole weekend there, i can/would!

yeah RC becketts was the other option, i hope that isnt sold out as it only them. two stands i was onterested in sitting in.

damnit im such a grand prix noob!
By racechick

someone! help!

its still listed on f1 website so i assume once you start the booking it tells you they are sold out, so abbey and the pit straight (new one) are sold out? bummer? i was only planning on gping race day anyway, i wantes weekend seats but mu old man isnt as keen on f1 as me and isnt willing to pay for a whole weekend there, i can/would!

yeah RC becketts was the other option, i hope that isnt sold out as it only them. two stands i was onterested in sitting in.

Its only £40 more for a three day ticket....and camping is cheap if you rough it a bit :D
Those two stands are sold out if you look on the official silverstone site. You may find some companies have bought blocks to sell so tickets could still be around. Beckets are still available, Ive been watching them since September because they didnt release all the tickets at once and I knew where i wanted to sit. Good luck with the purchasing, let me know how you get on.
By FRAFPDD

someone! help!

Its only £40 more for a three day ticket....and camping is cheap if you rough it a bit :D
Those two stands are sold out if you look on the official silverstone site. You may find some companies have bought blocks to sell so tickets could still be around. Beckets are still available, Ive been watching them since September because they didnt release all the tickets at once and I knew where i wanted to sit. Good luck with the purchasing, let me know how you get on.

you mean you can
choose the specific seat you sit in!? does it make a difference? i thought you just bought say a a sunday platinun bexketts seat and it was just the next seat in line?
fudge this is souch more confusing then it needs to be........

and what is the difference between platinum/gold silver seats?
By Robert12010

someone! help!

you mean you can
choose the specific seat you sit in!? does it make a difference? i thought you just bought say a a sunday platinun bexketts seat and it was just the next seat in line?

i think the difference is in the ticket type you buy, and i recommend general admission as i was at maggots/beckkets and chapel and i got to see them twice as well, because i could see them going through the area section and onto the wellington straight, great value for £115!
By Hexagram
Ya I'll be picking up my ticket soon. Going to be going on my own (F1 in Ireland just isn't that popular without Irvine and Jordan) so might try meet up with anyone on the forum who's there. :)
By Robert12010
Ya I'll be picking up my ticket soon. Going to be going on my own (F1 in Ireland just isn't that popular without Irvine and Jordan) so might try meet up with anyone on the forum who's there. :)

IL shall be there if you like :hehe:
By racechick

someone! help!

you mean you can

Platinum grandstands are considered the best, then gold then silver and so on. You can chose your seats if you book by phone but its a £2.50 charge per ticket. If you book online you get what you're offered. Not a massive difference within a grandstand but you get to know which seats you prefer. With general entry tickets you have to take your own camping seat with you and get there early to get a a good spot.
By Hexagram

Hamilton & Alonso fans hanging out! :hehe::thumbup:
By Robert12010

Hamilton & Alonso fans hanging out! :hehe::thumbup:

that would be a perfect match up! :rofl::hehe:
By FRAFPDD

someone! help!

you mean you can

Platinum grandstands are considered the best, then gold then silver and so on. You can chose your seats if you book by phone but its a £2.50 charge per ticket. If you book online you get what you're offered. Not a massive difference within a grandstand but you get to know which seats you prefer. With general entry tickets you have to take your own camping seat with you and get there early to get a a good spot.

cheers for all the help, gonna book me some beckett platinum this friday, prividing theres still some left.
By racechick
cheers for all the help, gonna book me some beckett platinum this friday, prividing theres still some left.

Thats ok. let me know where your seats are...you never know you might end up sitting next to me :rofl::rofl:

ps. All Becketts is platinum. They designate grandstands as platinum, gold, silver...
By Robert12010

Thats ok. let me know where your seats are...you never know you might end up sitting next to me :rofl::rofl:

ps. All Becketts is platinum. They designate grandstands as platinum, gold, silver...

well you never know ey :wink::hehe:
By robisf1
So guys, I dont care about price, which is the best place to seat? Abbey?
By FRAFPDD
So guys, I dont care about price, which is the best place to seat? Abbey?

abbey is sold out im afraid, as i planned to sit there, i suggest
becketts as i ordered them two daus ago and ot was still available.

See our F1 related articles too!