Silverstone 2011

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Sulli

FanVision British Grand Prix

Post by Sulli »

Hi there, im trying to get the FanVision for the British grand Prix but i've seen shipping closes June 20th.

Does anyone know of any other options for me? i've used the kangaroo the last few years, and we aren't sat by a big screen

Thanks
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: FanVision British Grand Prix

Post by racechick »

Sulli wrote:Hi there, im trying to get the FanVision for the British grand Prix but i've seen shipping closes June 20th.

Does anyone know of any other options for me? i've used the kangaroo the last few years, and we aren't sat by a big screen

Thanks

The radio helps if all else fails. Tune to Silverstone radio. I used my phone as a radio. If you have an I phone with F1 app that should be helpful.

I used kangaroo once, 5 of us shared it. But its expensive. i wouldnt do it if there were only one or two people. You miss things fiddling with it as well.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
Sulli

Post by Sulli »

Don't have an iphone or phone with radio unfortunately:-(
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Sulli wrote:Don't have an iphone or phone with radio unfortunately:-(

Can you get hold of a little fm radio? You can ususlly pick them up quite cheaply. Silverstone sell there own (about £10 a few years ago).Im sure Argos do them, you'll need the earphones but they ususlly come with the radio. Thats all you need, something to pick up FM. I find that better than trying to look at a device.
the frequency for Silverstone radio is 87.7.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
racechick
Missing Mod

Re: Silverstone 2011

Post by racechick »

OK. Im getting WELL EXCITED!!!!!!!! Its coming sooooon. Done lots of food shoppinbg...well the important bits like champagne, wine ....and some foood, smoked salmon,monkfish...sorry i was getting carried away there. Does anyone know who's playing at the post GP party? I expect eddie jordan will..and maybe damon Hill :D But what famous band??? maybe Nicole Shirtslinger will appear...that would be good, I like her latest song- Jenson's bit , louise sang when he was doing well, she was good, better than the beach boys who were definately toooo old. Im rambling nopw :wavey:
Abe Lincoln

andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

You'd be better off with the Beach Boys than Nicole Shitslinger. :hehe:

Bit of New Order, Manic Street Preachers, Crosby Stills and Nash and Young, and the Stranglers then you'll have a gig worth going to. :D
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

My McLaren flag has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mexwavebounce:

I can't wait to go :D :D :D :D :D
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
jennyp

Silverstone Advice for this weekend

Post by jennyp »

Hi!
I'm an utter newbie to F1 but bought my boyfriend tickets to the GP at Silverstone as a birthday present (he's never been before, but has been a fan all his life).

Was wondering if anyone could give us some advice about getting there this weekend?

1) What time should we aim to get there? (we have seats on Sunday and roving grandstand on the other days). People keep saying get there as early as possible, but I don't know if that means early as in 8am, 4am or 2am!! We live about 2 hours away on a good day, so are thinking of leaving 3 hours for traffic (ie. leaving at 6am to get there for the start at 9am).

2) With the roving grandstand seats on Friday and Saturday is there ever a problem getting a seat? If so, should we bring camping chairs as well?

Thanks very much!!

<MERGED TO THE SILVERSTONE THREAD>WB
Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

hi there :)

when its said early lets put it this way, are you parking at the circuit or catching a park and ride bus, because the last one is at 10am, i left bristol at 5 am and we got there in plenty of time, so earlier the better.....and also the gp dont start till 1 but sadly cant answer your second question because i havent been on friday and saturday lol
Tiger woods and Lewis Hamilton- idols and legends!
Mclaren- the past, present and forever!
racechick
Missing Mod

Re: Silverstone Advice for this weekend

Post by racechick »

jennyp wrote:Hi!
I'm an utter newbie to F1 but bought my boyfriend tickets to the GP at Silverstone as a birthday present (he's never been before, but has been a fan all his life).

Was wondering if anyone could give us some advice about getting there this weekend?

1) What time should we aim to get there? (we have seats on Sunday and roving grandstand on the other days). People keep saying get there as early as possible, but I don't know if that means early as in 8am, 4am or 2am!! We live about 2 hours away on a good day, so are thinking of leaving 3 hours for traffic (ie. leaving at 6am to get there for the start at 9am).

2) With the roving grandstand seats on Friday and Saturday is there ever a problem getting a seat? If so, should we bring camping chairs as well?

Thanks very much!!

<MERGED TO THE SILVERSTONE THREAD>WB

You should get in your roving grandstand no problem (depending which one you want!) People tend to do exactly what the ticket says and move around. Just dont leave it too close to quali to get in your seat or the stands will be full. I did that once and ended up running round the grandstands till i found one. Now I tend to pick where I want to go, get there early and stay there!!
Abe Lincoln

racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

andrew wrote:You'd be better off with the Beach Boys than Nicole Shitslinger. :hehe:

Bit of New Order, Manic Street Preachers, Crosby Stills and Nash and Young, and the Stranglers then you'll have a gig worth going to. :D

Stranglers would be ACE! I wouldnt mind seeing Nicole sing though.
Abe Lincoln

FRAFPDD
Banned

Post by FRAFPDD »

British Grand Prix 2011, is SOLD OUT!!!!1

Atmosphere is set for a cracker of a race, hope it doest disspoint.
Alain Prost - Lewis Hamilton - Kamui Kobayashi - Fernando Alonso - Kimi Raikkonnen - Jenson Button
vlad
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel

Post by vlad »

It's going to be a great race with so many fans out there...
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."

LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

vlad wrote:It's going to be a great race with so many fans out there...

:D :D :D :D
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing