Silverstone 2011

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Silverstone 2011

Post by racechick »

IVE BOOKED!!!!! I know its early to start this topic but Im excited. Ive had trouble getting the seats i want and have been waiting and checking ticket releases, and now Ive got them. Not exactly the seat I wanted but pretty close. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
So... Silverstone chat starts here :D
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Re: Silverstone 2011

Post by What's Burning? »

racechick wrote:IVE BOOKED!!!!! I know its early to start this topic but Im excited. Ive had trouble getting the seats i want and have been waiting and checking ticket releases, and now Ive got them. Not exactly the seat I wanted but pretty close. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
So... Silverstone chat starts here :D

Good for you! I won't start my Montreal thread until I've got tickets in hand.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
FRAFPDD
Banned

Post by FRAFPDD »

This thread will come in handy as im looking to go see my first GP this year and i dont know how late i can leave ticket booking, dont know squat about what seats are good and bad, and how id bloody get there ( the personal helicopters on loan...)

HELP!

i did want to go spa? is that a good idea?
Alain Prost - Lewis Hamilton - Kamui Kobayashi - Fernando Alonso - Kimi Raikkonnen - Jenson Button
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

FRAFPDD wrote:This thread will come in handy as im looking to go see my first GP this year and i dont know how late i can leave ticket booking, dont know squat about what seats are good and bad, and how id bloody get there ( the personal helicopters on loan...)

HELP!

i did want to go spa? is that a good idea?

If i wasnt so hooked on Silverstone and in need of my yearly fix, Spa is the other one Id go to. Being a teacher i cant get time off so Silverstone is easiest for me.

I can advise on seats, travel and camping. Look on the Silverstone website and you'll see the seats available and the prices. Let me know what you're intrested in.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

i got my tickets for silverstone booked last july on the german grand prix weekend, i was making sure im going! :hehe:
Tiger woods and Lewis Hamilton- idols and legends!
Mclaren- the past, present and forever!
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by texasmr2 »

Lucky dogs and doggetts :thumbup: !
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

texasmr2 wrote:Lucky dogs and doggetts :thumbup: !

dog and doggetts :rofl:
nish2280

Post by nish2280 »

Bad luck guys, maybe you can see a decent GP next year :wink:
Sebastian Vettel, Youngest WDC!
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

I will get free tickets to Singapore and Malaysia soon....grandstands. Anybody want em?
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

nish2280 wrote:Bad luck guys, maybe you can see a decent GP next year :wink:

There arent many that beat Silverstone for the track. And for atmosphere its definately in the top league.
Abe Lincoln

Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

racechick wrote:

There arent many that beat Silverstone for the track. And for atmosphere its definately in the top league.

:yes: the atmosphere is amazing, when i arrived at the gates being my first gp, i was like yeeehehehe! :clap:
nish2280

Post by nish2280 »

Hammer278 wrote:I will get free tickets to Singapore and Malaysia soon....grandstands. Anybody want em?

Well i live in singapore so i would be mad to say no! But ill probably get some from Visa or Amex. Where do u usually get yours from?

racechick wrote:

I dont agree with you about the track but in terms of atmosphere you are right. And it was a joke by the way.
Robert12010

Post by Robert12010 »

nish2280 wrote:
Hammer278 wrote:I will get free tickets to Singapore and Malaysia soon....grandstands. Anybody want em?

Well i live in singapore so i would be mad to say no! But ill probably get some from Visa or Amex. Where do u usually get yours from?

racechick wrote:

I dont agree with you about the track but in terms of atmosphere you are right. And it was a joke by the way.

why?, there is not bit bad about silverstone, it deserves to host the british gp better than stupid donnigton!
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by texasmr2 »

Don't wanna go too far OT but imo Donington Park was a great track back in the day, not sure about it now but wanna findout.
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
nish2280

Post by nish2280 »

Robert12010 wrote:
nish2280 wrote:

racechick wrote:

why?, there is not bit bad about silverstone, it deserves to host the british gp better than stupid donnigton!

Its just kinda boring. Yeah sure the long straights allow overtaking and stuff but from driving it (obviously not in real life) its not very exciting, definitely not in my top 5 tracks.