Camping at silverstone 2011

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Norwich Tim

Camping at silverstone 2011

Post by Norwich Tim »

Hi got confirmation today of tickets for 2011. I have booked family camping! What's it like? Is there much else going on at night ? Any live music etc going on? Or do I need to change them to lively camping instead? Going with bro'inlaw and my son aged 13 together with his mate?
Would really appreciate some good advice.
RA Dunk

Re: Camping at silverstone 2011

Post by RA Dunk »

Never camped myself but have been through the camp site at Spa and driven past the camp site (a few times) at Silverstone, I would say they could be quite lively TBH.
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Search the old silverstone camping threads, theres lots of information there.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Which campsite?
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

I camp at Windmills which is quietish (earplugs a good idea) but its not far to walk to the fair and all the action.

Heres a link to previous nformation.
http://www.forumula1.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6478&hilit=silverstone+camping+2009
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln