FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I haven't made it to a Grand Prix since 2007 so this year I figured I'd treat myself especially as the race is on my birthday. But figuring out where to sit has always been difficult for me and this year it's even more so with there being a whole new section. So which stand(s) do you lot think will yield the most exciting moments?
Well Im in Beckets. Its a new grandstad so I dont know what it will be like but its further forward and higher than the old one and apparantly you can see half the track from it!!!!! Im on the front row. :):) .Look uo old Slverstone threads for more information
Further forward and higher is good news, I was always confused about how far back that stand was. So I'm guessing you'll be able to see the Arena section, and from the exit of copse right down to the entry of Stow? If so sounds like a good spot, especially with a pair of binoculars.
To be honest alot of the previous viewing spots have been altered so much of it is unknown (hence why i'll need to visit Silverstone sometime this year).

As Racechick said the Becketts grandstand is new and is apparently meant to allow you to see half of the circuit. I imagine that means the run down from Copse to the complex and then the arena sector.

Whoever is going this year, would it be possible to report back on the changes that have been made to viewing areas and fan zones?
Will do sir :D
In front of your TV in a comfy armchair!

:yikes: And you live in Northamptonshire!!!!

See our F1 related articles too!