Where will be the best view of the British GP?

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Matkins

Where will be the best view of the British GP?

Post by Matkins »

I haven't made it to a Grand Prix since 2007 so this year I figured I'd treat myself especially as the race is on my birthday. But figuring out where to sit has always been difficult for me and this year it's even more so with there being a whole new section. So which stand(s) do you lot think will yield the most exciting moments?
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: Where will be the best view of the British GP?

Post by racechick »

Well Im in Beckets. Its a new grandstad so I dont know what it will be like but its further forward and higher than the old one and apparantly you can see half the track from it!!!!! Im on the front row. :) :) .Look uo old Slverstone threads for more information
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
Matkins

Post by Matkins »

Further forward and higher is good news, I was always confused about how far back that stand was. So I'm guessing you'll be able to see the Arena section, and from the exit of copse right down to the entry of Stow? If so sounds like a good spot, especially with a pair of binoculars.
EwanM
Co-Editor

Post by EwanM »

To be honest alot of the previous viewing spots have been altered so much of it is unknown (hence why i'll need to visit Silverstone sometime this year).

As Racechick said the Becketts grandstand is new and is apparently meant to allow you to see half of the circuit. I imagine that means the run down from Copse to the complex and then the arena sector.

Whoever is going this year, would it be possible to report back on the changes that have been made to viewing areas and fan zones?
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Will do sir :D
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
martracer

Post by martracer »

In front of your TV in a comfy armchair!
martracer
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

martracer wrote:In front of your TV in a comfy armchair!

:yikes: And you live in Northamptonshire!!!!
Abe Lincoln

RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

I've got a seat at Copse.
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
LifeW12

Post by LifeW12 »

The view from Abbey as the cars come through at 180mph would be pretty good (if I had the money to travel there :cloud9: :cloud9: )
No urls in sig. DD