FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By pottsy73
Hi all,
You probably get asked this a lot but anyway, Im taking my hubbie to silverstone for the full 3 days, and I would like to no what is the best times to get there, on all 3 days! Thanks
Hi all,
You probably get asked this a lot but anyway, Im taking my hubbie to silverstone for the full 3 days, and I would like to no what is the best times to get there, on all 3 days! Thanks

ya can take him silverstone for 3 days but ya might not see any raceing, Donnington looks still on tbh
By Frosty
Hi all,

ya can take him silverstone for 3 days but ya might not see any raceing, Donnington looks still on tbh

.. We still have one last race at Silverstone and I assume that's the one pottsy was referring to. I think it depends on what type of ticket you have and how you are getting to the circuit.
Hi all,

.. We still have one last race at Silverstone and I assume that's the one pottsy was referring to. I think it depends on what type of ticket you have and how you are getting to the circuit.

lol im sorry my bad, with all the news being about doninnington i totally forgot about the race this year

i would say early and pretty early the traffic around silverstone is a complete nightmere, and i have known a few people that have missed some parts.
By emma
My boyfriend and I have general admission tickets, so no guaranteed seat or anything. We're planning to get there early afternoon on Friday and set up the tent at a campsite which is apparently 5 minutes from the track. For the Saturday and Sunday, though, we (or, I should say, I :D), are planning on getting to the track for whenever the gates open in the morning (so pretty early, I guess - Matt is not impressed with this lol). If you've got grandstand seats you'll have noting to worry about and can pretty much turn up whenever, but with GA it's every man/woman for themselves to grab the best spot :D
By EwanM
If if was you i'd aim to get there between 9 and 10. That is if you have grandstand seats.

If not, then early as possible.

See our F1 related articles too!