British Grand Prix: Silverstone 2009

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
EwanM
Co-Editor

Re: British Grand Prix: Silverstone 2009

Post by EwanM »

SO come, it'll be cool.

Don't let us have the opportunity to say "We told you so" if Bernie pulls the plug :p :wink:
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
Chris_0648

Post by Chris_0648 »

scotty wrote:
Well, the dilemma is money, tickets are still available, but i don't want to sit at Copse (the cheapest stands left, no GA) yet Stowe is a good 220 quid... sod's law would blatantly strike too if i didn't go to this race at Silverstone, cause no doubt it would turn out to be the last one!

Crazily enough, i dreamt i was at the GP last night, which is why i've been looking into it today. :P

I was under the impression that the Copse terrace tix (the ones I've got) included GA - the extra cost was for the privilege of the option of going in the reserved terrace, rather than as a substitute to general admission.
On the Silverstone ticket info thingy it says "includes access to venue" which I interpret to mean general admission. As opposed to "we let you through the doors".

Or have I musunderstood you? :P

Sorry, I'm a bit of a GP virgin (my second time, first without parents)
EwanM
Co-Editor

Post by EwanM »

Chris_0648 wrote:
scotty wrote:
Well, the dilemma is money, tickets are still available, but i don't want to sit at Copse (the cheapest stands left, no GA) yet Stowe is a good 220 quid... sod's law would blatantly strike too if i didn't go to this race at Silverstone, cause no doubt it would turn out to be the last one!

Crazily enough, i dreamt i was at the GP last night, which is why i've been looking into it today. :P

I was under the impression that the Copse terrace tix (the ones I've got) included GA - the extra cost was for the privilege of the option of going in the reserved terrace, rather than as a substitute to general admission.
On the Silverstone ticket info thingy it says "includes access to venue" which I interpret to mean general admission. As opposed to "we let you through the doors".

Or have I musunderstood you? :P

Sorry, I'm a bit of a GP virgin (my second time, first without parents)

No no you are correct, Scotty means the Grand Stands at Copse, not the General Admission or Terraces. Your ticket includes General Admission.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
Chris_0648

Post by Chris_0648 »

Whew that's a relief :)

I spent all of 2006 at maggots and wasnt overly impressed by it so wanted to try a variety of spots over the weekend