Advice for Silverstone

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
EwanM
Co-Editor

Re: Advice for Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

drummermandan02 wrote:On the Silverstone map it says the BMW Park is next to Becketts.

Code: Select all

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/pdf/2945_gp_mapmay07_1_a2b4.pdf 

Say I would want to be in the circuit at 8am all 3 days?

Yeah, but Silverstone are stupid, they haven't updated the map, that's last years one.
It's sad I wanted the pitlane park to come :(

And yeah if you're driving in for 8am I'd say your gonna have to leave at least a couple of hours in advance. Cause that's when the bottle necks start.
Although I don't think Friday/Sat will be as busy, but they won't exactly be clear roads. Id leave 6am at latest. That's me maybe me playing it kinda safe, but you no.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
drummermandan02

Post by drummermandan02 »

Ok, sounds good to me! Totally worth the early start, better to be waiting around 4 ages rather than getting there during or after the action!

If anyone else has anything to add then please do!

Thanks for the advice!
EwanM
Co-Editor

Post by EwanM »

drummermandan02 wrote:Ok, sounds good to me! Totally worth the early start, better to be waiting around 4 ages rather than getting there during or after the action!

If anyone else has anything to add then please do!

Thanks for the advice!

I mean the best thing to do with the traffic situation is to just try it out on Friday and Saturday. And if it works Sunday will be ok, but gotta take more time into consideration for Sunday.

Good luck, and enjoy the weekend. :thumbup:
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Id agree with that advice,get there early when traffic is quiet, choose a good spot and wander round the stalls etc before it gets packed. Better to be thee sitting by the track than sittig in traffic.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

EwmanM wrote:
racechick wrote:
EwmanM wrote:What's the quickest way to the Copse enterance from the actual village,
can you just head up that farm track towards it, without having to go all the way round the main way?

It would be helpful, especially at night...

Theres loads of quick ways round the track at night, but you need a torch. You used to have to get over fences (to get from copse entrance to main entrance and the fair marquees etc) but so many people do it theres a gate or a stile or something there now. If you mean Silverstone village and the pub you can get from copse entrance through windmill campsite and to the village in 10 /15 mins. Again torches needed.

Thanks, I think these are the usual way I go during the day. Was just at night I tended to use the main roads coming bk from funfair and wt not...
May get attacked by a badger or some person... so torch needed :P

Keep close to the track perimeter fence when gong from fair to copse and back again at night. Lots of others will be doing same so just follow the flow. Dont worry bout badgers, they're all friendly on race weekend :wink:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by bud »

i cant get over you guys camping at the track, its cool :laugh:
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

bud wrote:i cant get over you guys camping at the track, its cool :laugh:

Well, just outside the track, but yes its cool. ONLY THREE DAYS TO GO
Abe Lincoln

stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

Only 3 days to go? the 3 years that I've been we camped out from the wednesday.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

stonemonkey wrote:Only 3 days to go? the 3 years that I've been we camped out from the wednesday.

Yeah well im a teacher :crying: so cant go til friday after school.
Abe Lincoln

stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

Shoulda organised a school camping trip........ for educational purposes of course.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

stonemonkey wrote:Shoulda organised a school camping trip........ for educational purposes of course.

My kids'd love it!! but 30 4and5 yr olds all weekend :laugh: :laugh: No thanks!!
Abe Lincoln

Rob-F1

Post by Rob-F1 »

Next year it will be just me and mate going to the GP on our own. I'll be more than happy to camp with all you lot. :D
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=maIZEp67xmQ

"You're riding onboard with one of the greats, if not the greatest racing driver in the history of Formula 1"

James Allen, 22/10/06...
EwanM
Co-Editor

Post by EwanM »

racechick wrote:
stonemonkey wrote:Only 3 days to go? the 3 years that I've been we camped out from the wednesday.

Yeah well im a teacher :crying: so cant go til friday after school.

HAHA what a weiner :D

J/k
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Rob-F1 wrote:Next year it will be just me and mate going to the GP on our own. I'll be more than happy to camp with all you lot. :D

You very welcome. good laughs and crazy times guaranteed :hehe: :laugh:
Abe Lincoln

EwanM
Co-Editor

Post by EwanM »

racechick wrote:
Rob-F1 wrote:Next year it will be just me and mate going to the GP on our own. I'll be more than happy to camp with all you lot. :D

You very welcome. good laughs and crazy times guaranteed :hehe: :laugh:

Unless your dour...