Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By racechick
Racechick,
Bridge is not listed here on the pricing list so PLEASE let everyone know what the cost is of EXACTLY which ticket we need to buy? I will purchase mine NOW but we need a location for all the other's!

http://www.bookf1.com/tickets.jsp?event_listing=92

Ive not looked into it yet but i will in the next few days. Its usually around end of August that I book. I book direct with silverstone circuits and i have those details. You can do it online but if you do that you can only choose your grandstand not your exact seats. If you phone Silverstone you can choose your actual seats, its a small extra cost but worth it. The seats vary and are better on the back row for seeing round into the complex. Silverstone ususally send me an early order offer as a previous customer so i usually wait for that but I'll ring if you lke and find out when they go on sale. Of course on Fri and Sat you can choose any granstand to sit in-roving ticket.
By texasmr2
That sound's good concerning waiting till you get your early order offer.

Thank you,
Gregg
By racechick
Phoned silverstone yesteday and the tickets have been on sale since friday, they are early offer ones but not all grandstands are released yet which is why you didnt see Bridge. They said they are selling quickly (but i think they would say that). They said Bridge will be about £189 even on the early offer, over £200 normal price, which is a big hike on this year but strangely I paid about 189 the year before???So....you may want to dive in and get tickets that are already available.
By EwanM
Phoned silverstone yesteday and the tickets have been on sale since friday, they are early offer ones but not all grandstands are released yet which is why you didnt see Bridge. They said they are selling quickly (but i think they would say that). They said Bridge will be about £189 even on the early offer, over £200 normal price, which is a big hike on this year but strangely I paid about 189 the year before???So....you may want to dive in and get tickets that are already available.

Cause it's the BRDC and they are sour grapes
By EwanM
Also i'm gonna book GP tickets next month for Silverstone. Aiming for the Pit Straight this year :P
That or down at Stowe.

This time I have to make more of an effort to meet up with people on here.
By 7UpJordan
I'm gonna book a B&B for next year, froze to death in my tent at nights and camping is a lot tougher than it looks.

Hangar straight again for me though. :)

Tex, how much are the Spa tickets again?
By racechick
wimp!!
By bud
im seriously thinking of making the trip over to the UK to "vist family"and if i "have to" ill go to the damn British GP as well :thumbup: im pretty sure thats the order of importance
By EwanM
im seriously thinking of making the trip over to the UK to "vist family"and if i "have to" ill go to the damn British GP as well :thumbup: im pretty sure thats the order of importance

Ah there is nothing worse than being "forced against your will" to do something you "won't enjoy".
By texasmr2
Overall I'm thinking that going to the Silverstone GP would be alot more financially feasable for most of us and if bud can make it over, saving him some money instead of going to Spa, that's the way I want to go. I want him and I to hangout together and would be disappointed if he did not sit with us.
We can all do Spa next year or the year after going to Donnigton for their first GP if thing's stay the same.

We will have a bigger turnout amongst member's if those who want to go can just decide on a FINAL destination/seating/camping? Imagine the party we will all have not to mention getting to argue inperson :hehe: instead of over the internet!

Since the Silverstone ticket's are already on sale, and I like racechick's idea of camping and seating, we need to make the decision quickly?

Stephen,
What say you as far as the seating or ticket situation?
Also I am going to let everyone know that my hopes are to arrive in London, thinking this maybe the best place to fly into but I dont know, say on thursday morning and it would be very nice if I could stay with someone for a night or two depending on when I arrive and we depart for the GP? I can alway's book a room so it is no problem either way.

I would like to spend one evening checking out the local scenery and pub's before departing for the GP.

Gregg
By bud
My Girl wants to go on a trip so this is an excuse, see family in the UK she can see family in Poland and i can go to the Silverstone GP. Tex we can sleep in the same tent if you like grrrrr
By EwanM
My Girl wants to go on a trip so this is an excuse, see family in the UK she can see family in Poland and i can go to the Silverstone GP. Tex we can sleep in the same tent if you like grrrrr

Will that mean you're stopping off up in the glens?
By texasmr2

I have alot of camping gear such as a 4 person tent, a 2 person sleeping bag hint hint Hanwombat :wink: just kidding, so it really does not matter what the accomodation's are as long as as many of us are together enjoying the weekend and race together.
By bud

Aye Lennoxtown :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::thumbup:
By EwanM

Aye Lennoxtown :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::thumbup:

Classy stuff. Glasgow kiss and all tht.

See our F1 related articles too!