Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By texasmr2
At the current time it's looking like those of us who plan/hope to attend the GP will just need to set a meetup location at the track. The whole idea was that us member's could get to meet each other, hangout and party and then attend a GP together.

So I guess setting a meetup location at the track would be the best idea?
By al4x
oh yeah google earth puts the journey at journey at 220 miles the way id do it, pretty good

edit, thats bloody good!
By Denthúl
At the current time it's looking like those of us who plan/hope to attend the GP will just need to set a meetup location at the track. The whole idea was that us member's could get to meet each other, hangout and party and then attend a GP together.

So I guess setting a meetup location at the track would be the best idea?

Not sure about everyone else, but that would be the best way for me, personally. Of course, I'm happy enough to have a meeting point set solely for me if everyone else wants to meet up elsewhere at an earlier time :)
By texasmr2
Im game for this, I was thinking Belgium but it will be the last Silverstone GP (well for now :wink: ) but in any case count me in! 8)

You know your right mate as it will be the last Silverstone GP for the forseeable future and Spa is currently in no danger. Silverstone to myself also is the holly ground of modern GP racing as they hosted the first race back in I believe '51?

Also going to Silverstone would helpout alot of member's financially, less money traveling equal's more money for partying and barbq'ing!! :) Although there is a BUT involved as I know Silverstone will be soldout very quickly so I say we get on it NOW!!

Here is a link to the 2009 GP 3-day ticket info so if someone would PLEASE helpout with as to WHAT ticket's we buy for the best viewing and hangingout together location please chime in ASAP!
By Irv the Swerve
Im game for this, I was thinking Belgium but it will be the last Silverstone GP (well for now :wink: ) but in any case count me in! 8)
Here is a link to the 2009 GP 3-day ticket info so if someone would PLEASE helpout with as to WHAT ticket's we buy for the best viewing and hangingout together location please chime in ASAP!

Where's the link? :wink:
By Denthúl
Since hearing about the move to Donnington in 2010, I thought about the very same thing and would like to go and see the race at Silverstone next year, because I love watching the British GP on TV almost as much as the Belgian one, but as said, Spa is under no threat at the moment...
By racechick

You know your right mate as it will be the last Silverstone GP for the forseeable future and Spa is currently in no danger. Silverstone to myself also is the holly ground of modern GP racing as they hosted the first race back in I believe '51?

Also going to Silverstone would helpout alot of member's financially, less money traveling equal's more money for partying and barbq'ing!! :) Although there is a BUT involved as I know Silverstone will be soldout very quickly so I say we get on it NOW!!

Well Im definately going to Silverstone next year and love the seats ive been in for the last 4or 5 years. Bridge. it was £144 for 3 days (only about £40 more than general entry-cheapest grandstand)). They usualy come available about August and are cheaper if you book early (that price i gave is the cheaper price). Camping is about £12.50 pp per night. Its earlier next year. June 21st
By texasmr2
Thank's racechick for the info! :wink:

OK so since we have a 'sponsor' who sale's ticket's I will contact them, or get Stephen to since they never returned my first email inquirey :thumbdown: and see what kind of deal we can get, sound good?

Exactly WHAT ticket's do we want to buy, Bridge right? I will be paying online via credit card so we all need to make sure we buy the same ticket's.

Gregg
By 7UpJordan
I think I'm definately going to do Silverstone AND Spa next year. :)
By Denthúl
I think I'm definately going to do Silverstone AND Spa next year. :)

You swine.

I may not even be able to afford either yet :P

See our F1 related articles too!