GP trip next year

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
12
41%
British GP - June 21st
17
59%
 
Total votes: 29

emma
Posts: 249
Joined: 14 Oct 08, 15:01
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: GP trip next year

Post by emma »

EwmanM wrote:
emma wrote:Well, I've already paid for my tickets for the British GP next year :D

I went for General Admission - I'm only a poor student, and they're the cheapest available.
My plan is to spend Friday looking for the best place to be, then up early on Saturday and Sunday to get a good spot :)

Btw, I'm camping in a place called 'Hamilton Fields' LOL I told my boyfriend that we'll just have to set up the 'Vettel Tent' :hehe:


I camped there last year Emma. It is pretty good if you want some quietness and not too far from the village.
I dno where im going to camp yet - will need to decide soon


That's good to know, thanks! I was hoping for somewhere quiet - the earlier I get to sleep, the earlier I can wake up and the better chance I have for a good spot :) I'm glad it's not too far as well - the website said 'within walking distance', but that could mean anything XD
Image
User avatar
Denthúl
Posts: 8005
Joined: 07 Feb 08, 22:01
Favourite Team: Sauber
Location: Bury, United Kingdom

Re: GP trip next year

Post by Denthúl »

Where are people getting their tickets?

Also, where exactly can you go with general admission tickets?
Image
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: GP trip next year

Post by EwanM »

Denthúl wrote:Where are people getting their tickets?

Also, where exactly can you go with general admission tickets?



Right
www.silverstone.co.uk and click on the events to book the tickets.

As for maps

Image

Check here - all of the areas not grandstands or terraces you can stand with a general admission ticket
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
Frosty
Posts: 1689
Joined: 14 Mar 08, 02:04

Re: GP trip next year

Post by Frosty »

I was thinking of Luffield does anyone know what it is like there? Maybe copse?
Image
Remember "competitive animals know no limits"
emma
Posts: 249
Joined: 14 Oct 08, 15:01
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: GP trip next year

Post by emma »

Sorry, this is a little off-topic, I guess.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to stand with a General Admission ticket? I've never been to Silverstone before, not that I can remember, anyway!
I was planning to try and find a spot with a TV screen in good view... other than that, I don't really have any idea.
Last edited by emma on 03 Nov 08, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: GP trip next year

Post by EwanM »

Frosty wrote:I was thinking of Luffield does anyone know what it is like there? Maybe copse?


Luffield terrace and grandstands are awesome to see the cars at slowish speeds.
Copse is fun for the start etc.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
Denthúl
Posts: 8005
Joined: 07 Feb 08, 22:01
Favourite Team: Sauber
Location: Bury, United Kingdom

Re: GP trip next year

Post by Denthúl »

EwmanM wrote:
Denthúl wrote:Where are people getting their tickets?

Also, where exactly can you go with general admission tickets?



Right
http://www.silverstone.co.uk and click on the events to book the tickets.

As for maps

Image

Check here - all of the areas not grandstands or terraces you can stand with a general admission ticket


Hmm. From that, Copse C doesn't look like a bad place to sit, seeing as it's directly opposite a big telly, too. Though I wouldn't mind just standing opposite one for a fair bit less money, to be honest. Just need to find out whether or not I'd be able to get the Friday off work (assuming I still have a job there by this point >.<). Does anybody know of any B&Bs near the track? I don't really do camping anymore. :/

emma wrote:Sorry, this is a little off-topic, I guess.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to stand with a General Admission ticket? I've never been to Silverstone before, not that I can remember, anyway!
I was planning to try and find a spot with a TV screen in good view... other than that, I don't really have any idea.


I, too, would like to know this :)
Image
dant
Posts: 174
Joined: 04 Jun 08, 09:53
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: GP trip next year

Post by dant »

I've decided that im going to Spa next year, wont be booking for a while though.
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: GP trip next year

Post by EwanM »

emma wrote:
EwmanM wrote:
emma wrote:Well, I've already paid for my tickets for the British GP next year :D

I went for General Admission - I'm only a poor student, and they're the cheapest available.
My plan is to spend Friday looking for the best place to be, then up early on Saturday and Sunday to get a good spot :)

Btw, I'm camping in a place called 'Hamilton Fields' LOL I told my boyfriend that we'll just have to set up the 'Vettel Tent' :hehe:


I camped there last year Emma. It is pretty good if you want some quietness and not too far from the village.
I dno where im going to camp yet - will need to decide soon


That's good to know, thanks! I was hoping for somewhere quiet - the earlier I get to sleep, the earlier I can wake up and the better chance I have for a good spot :) I'm glad it's not too far as well - the website said 'within walking distance', but that could mean anything XD


Yeah it was quite friendly and its not too far away from the circuit. But it is a walk so be prepared.
The toilets are ok to - showers were freezing but they worked on tht.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: GP trip next year

Post by EwanM »

Denthúl wrote:
EwmanM wrote:
Denthúl wrote:Where are people getting their tickets?

Also, where exactly can you go with general admission tickets?



Right
http://www.silverstone.co.uk and click on the events to book the tickets.

As for maps

Image

Check here - all of the areas not grandstands or terraces you can stand with a general admission ticket


Hmm. From that, Copse C doesn't look like a bad place to sit, seeing as it's directly opposite a big telly, too. Though I wouldn't mind just standing opposite one for a fair bit less money, to be honest. Just need to find out whether or not I'd be able to get the Friday off work (assuming I still have a job there by this point >.<). Does anybody know of any B&Bs near the track? I don't really do camping anymore. :/

emma wrote:Sorry, this is a little off-topic, I guess.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to stand with a General Admission ticket? I've never been to Silverstone before, not that I can remember, anyway!
I was planning to try and find a spot with a TV screen in good view... other than that, I don't really have any idea.


I, too, would like to know this :)


Best bits to stand nowadays for General Admission ticket holders is down at maggots/beckets im affraid, thats the only bit really with a tv u can look over to. The others you generally have to look backwards. Down just after club is ok too but yeah the maggots/becketts/chapel area :im affraid
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
emma
Posts: 249
Joined: 14 Oct 08, 15:01
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: GP trip next year

Post by emma »

EwmanM wrote:Yeah it was quite friendly and its not too far away from the circuit. But it is a walk so be prepared.
The toilets are ok to - showers were freezing but they worked on tht.


Ah, yeah... that was the other thing I was worrying about! That's defiantly good to know :D The one thing I could NOT put up with is skanky toilets and showers *shudders*.

Thanks for letting me know about the best places to stand, too. Much appreciated!
Image
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: GP trip next year

Post by EwanM »

emma wrote:
EwmanM wrote:Yeah it was quite friendly and its not too far away from the circuit. But it is a walk so be prepared.
The toilets are ok to - showers were freezing but they worked on tht.


Ah, yeah... that was the other thing I was worrying about! That's defiantly good to know :D The one thing I could NOT put up with is skanky toilets and showers *shudders*.

Thanks for letting me know about the best places to stand, too. Much appreciated!


Well let's just say the toilets aren't exactly Hilton :P
they are bare minimum but they were regularly cleaned - the mens anyways :hehe:

Any other just fire away
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
dant
Posts: 174
Joined: 04 Jun 08, 09:53
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: GP trip next year

Post by dant »

I think i may have just changed my mind and be going to silverstone, i have a lot of money to fork out over the next couple months.
juggles
Posts: 230
Joined: 11 Nov 07, 11:08

Re: GP trip next year

Post by juggles »

I was sitting in Abbey last year, and it turned out to be the most eventful corner of the race. I'm not sure whether that was because in the wet, water naturally collects there, or if it just happened to rain on that part of the circuit. Either way we got bloody wet. But it was well worth missing most of the Wimbledon final for. Incredible day.

At the moment Sunday General Admission costs 109 pounds, and a seat in Abbey, Farm or Bridge will set you back 149 pounds. An extra thirty pounds for a guaranteed spectacular view and a giant TV opposite seems very worth it to me, especially as it's the last scheduled Silverstone GP. Bear in mind the price will rise in those 3 places to 179 pounds, so you have to get in fast.
User avatar
Kate
Posts: 47
Joined: 03 Nov 08, 19:47
Location: Embsay, North Yorkshire

Re: GP trip next year

Post by Kate »

I already have my ticket for SS (Bronze+ i think it is...so we can sit at Copse) for all three days :D
ImageImageImage