Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Which GP would you rather go to?

Belgium GP - September 13th
41%
British GP - June 21st
59%
By texasmr2
Shall we organize a Forumula1.com member's GP get together for next season? I had suggested either the British GP or the Belgium GP but since there is still just a 50/50 chance if Silverstone will be on the calender next season I say Belgium is the best choice.

The initial plan that I would like to suggest for the members in the UK is that we would meet in London and take the train into Amsterdam for a night of partying and then take the train into Belgium maybe Brussells. I'm not sure exactly how far the track is from Brussells but I'm sure those in the UK will know how to get there.

I have emailed our F1 ticket sales office inquireing as to how soon we can buy ticket's but have not recieved a reply yet. I have made a poll to get everyones input who would like to join our merry band of misfits! :D

Gregg

PS,
For those of you who vote please post a reply so we will know who you are and we can add you to the signup sheet but please do not vote if you are not interested in going ok.

Also this event is for Formula1.net user's (and anybody else) and is NOT an official Forumula1.com organized or sponsored event. It is just member's getting together for a good time.
:wink:
Last edited by texasmr2 on 27 Jun 08, 15:23, edited 3 times in total.
By f1ea
Spa !!
Its the best classic circuit, and I have family in Brussels and Germany, and many friends in Netherlands so I could definitely balance... and England is way too expensive, although the atmosphere is fantastic.

Anyway, I would need to know the proposed budget to see if I could even make it, as I am going to Germany next week for my sister's wedding; and airtravel prices are sky high :yikes: so considering i'd go with my half-orange, that would make it... $ x2 :bricks:
By texasmr2
Spa !!
Its the best classic circuit, and I have family in Brussels and Germany, and many friends in Netherlands so I could definitely balance... and England is way too expensive, although the atmosphere is fantastic.

Anyway, I would need to know the proposed budget to see if I could even make it, as I am going to Germany next week for my sister's wedding; and airtravel prices are sky high :yikes: and considering i'd go with my half-orange, that would make it... $ x2 :bricks:

I will get a proposed budget worked out as soon as possible concerning the GP ticket's, train expense's and such. I will most likely need some assistance from those in the UK as far as getting the train expenses and route. I plan to have about $1000-$1500 dollars for expenses after purchasing the GP ticket and airfare.

Who in the UK would like to assist me with the logistics??

Gregg
By welshie
Bloody love the idea . . . especially the partying bit :biglaugh:
By 7UpJordan
Spa sounds good, but for the moment I've voted Silverstone. :)
By racechick
Would love to visit Spa, nearly went this year but if I had to choose it would be silverstone. Its so familiar, so fantastic, cant imagine a year without going. So I voted Silverstone.
By Denthúl
Belgium, because Spa is my favourite race track and I've always wanted to visit Belgium. :D

As for helping with logistics, Tex, I'm more than happy to help out.
By texasmr2
Belgium, because Spa is my favourite race track and I've always wanted to visit Belgium. :D
As for helping with logistics, Tex, I'm more than happy to help out.

That would be awesome! 8)

Basically what I would like to ask is that you get all the tram route's, time's and cost into Amsterdam and then from Amsterdam into
Belgium at the closet point to the track. We can assume that the return info will be the same but just incase get that info aswell.

For our night in Amsterdam I would like to suggest the Amstel Botel hotel which is a boat on the canal which is just a 5min walk to the train station.
It is also in the heart of the redlight/party district they also have a killer free breakfast each morning and a nice bar 8) . Also just behind the Botel is a GREAT chinese restaurant for the serious munchies LOL! :thumbup:
Here is a MapQuest pic of were the Botel is located: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 16&iwloc=A

Thanks,
Gregg

PS,
Here is the link to the Botel: http://www.amstelbotel.com/apex/f?p=250 ... 3655505854
By welshie
Love it!

Chinese restaurant . . . for the munchies . . . . whats the munchies? :angel:
By texasmr2
When I spent two weeks in Amsterdam back in '98 my buddy and I spent $100 US just on ourselve's, serious munchies no doubt! This time will be less expensive since I dont do that stuff anymore. I will be considering a trip 'down the rabbit hole' though! :D
By welshie
Follow the white rabbit mate!
By texasmr2
To all of you who would like to stay overnight in Amsterdam on friday Sept 11th please let me know asap as I need to reserve the room/room's! I need to know this asap as I was told they are fully booked for that weekend but after talking with their reservations agent and letting them know I'm a past customer and how much I enjoyed my stay they magically came up with "I think we can accomodate your party"! :D

This is the room/room's I would like to reserve: http://www.amstelbotel.com/apex/f?p=250 ... V:2,7,MAIN

The room cost per night is 124.00 EUR = 196.671 USD . Also they have relocated to the northside of the train station but offer free ferry and bus shuttle to and from the hotel.
By 7UpJordan
To all of you who would like to stay overnight in Amsterdam on friday Sept 11th please let me know asap as I need to reserve the room/room's! I need to know this asap as I was told they are fully booked for that weekend but after talking with their reservations agent and letting them know I'm a past customer and how much I enjoyed my stay they magically came up with "I think we can accomodate your party"! :D

This is the room/room's I would like to reserve: http://www.amstelbotel.com/apex/f?p=250 ... V:2,7,MAIN

The room cost per night is 124.00 EUR = 196.671 USD . Also they have relocated to the northside of the train station but offer free ferry and bus shuttle to and from the hotel.

Hotel rooms are already fully booked for over a year's time!!!!!????????? :yikes:
By Denthúl
Staying in Amsterdam? Not for that price, I'm afraid. I would probably only just be able to afford GP tickets, cheap flight and bare minimum accomodation :/

Besides, I'd want to watch Friday practice. If I'm going to Spa, I'm going for the whole event :D

See our F1 related articles too!