FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
From autosport.com:

Kovalainen goes fastest at Silverstone

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 16:38 GMT

Heikki Kovalainen during testing at SilverstoneHeikki Kovalainen moved to the top of the times on the second day of pre-British GP testing at the Silverstone circuit.

The McLaren driver, second fastest behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa yesterday, posted a best time of 1:20.015 on day which started with an overcast sky followed by a brief shower.

Conditions, however, improved later and the teams were able to carry out their programmes as normal, despite strong gusts of wind.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli was second quickest on his return to action following his podium finish at the French Grand Prix. The Italian driver had a productive session after covering 95 laps.

"Today's main focus was preparation for the British Grand Prix and it was a good day," said Trulli. "We managed to do a lot of laps and we learned several useful things. It all went smoothly and we ran without any real issues. There was a lot of gusting wind out there today, which can make direct comparisons difficult.

"Still, we made some progress with our set-up and aerodynamics programme. We are obviously looking to build on our result at last Sunday's French Grand Prix. Now I hope we will be in good shape for another strong race here next week."

Trulli was followed by Nico Rosberg in the Williams and Nelsinho Piquet in the Renault, who also had a good day despite the windy conditions.

"The track conditions were better than yesterday, although it was quite windy and that made it difficult to be consistent," said Piquet. "But this is not unusual for Silverstone and it was good experience to run in these conditions as we can expect similar weather for the race.

"Our programme was based around improving the set-up of the car and general race preparation, which went well. I'm now looking forward to the race here next week."

Yesterday's pace-setter Massa finished down in seventh place, ahead of Mark Webber and Jenson Button, the busiest man on track with 106 laps covered.

Giancarlo Fisichella was forced to stop testing early after crashing heavily when he was caught out by gust of wind at the Becketts corner.

The Italian, whose Force India team introduced an engine cover fin for their car today, was uninjured but had to be taken to the medical centre for checks.

"It's a real shame we couldn't do more running in the afternoon as this morning it was all looking quite good," said Fisichella. "The car felt quicker even though the balance was not so good because of the high winds.

"Unfortunately I just got caught out by a change in grip and balance going through Becketts and went off the track and hit the barriers. I wasn't hurt at all, but I did not take my hands off the wheel and they had to do some checks to make sure my wrist was OK."

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:20.015 72
2. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:20.391 95
3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:20.624 74
4. Piquet Renault (B) 1:20.787 87
5. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:20.795 84
6. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:20.982 67
7. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:21.069 69
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:21.170 39
8. Button Honda (B) 1:21.445 106
10. Fisichella Force India (B) 1:21.583 52

All Timing Unofficial
From autosport.com:

Kovalainen goes fastest at Silverstone

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 16:38 GMT

Heikki Kovalainen during testing at SilverstoneHeikki Kovalainen moved to the top of the times on the second day of pre-British GP testing at the Silverstone circuit.

The McLaren driver, second fastest behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa yesterday, posted a best time of 1:20.015 on day which started with an overcast sky followed by a brief shower.

Conditions, however, improved later and the teams were able to carry out their programmes as normal, despite strong gusts of wind.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli was second quickest on his return to action following his podium finish at the French Grand Prix. The Italian driver had a productive session after covering 95 laps.

"Today's main focus was preparation for the British Grand Prix and it was a good day," said Trulli. "We managed to do a lot of laps and we learned several useful things. It all went smoothly and we ran without any real issues. There was a lot of gusting wind out there today, which can make direct comparisons difficult.

"Still, we made some progress with our set-up and aerodynamics programme. We are obviously looking to build on our result at last Sunday's French Grand Prix. Now I hope we will be in good shape for another strong race here next week."

Trulli was followed by Nico Rosberg in the Williams and Nelsinho Piquet in the Renault, who also had a good day despite the windy conditions.

"The track conditions were better than yesterday, although it was quite windy and that made it difficult to be consistent," said Piquet. "But this is not unusual for Silverstone and it was good experience to run in these conditions as we can expect similar weather for the race.

"Our programme was based around improving the set-up of the car and general race preparation, which went well. I'm now looking forward to the race here next week."

Yesterday's pace-setter Massa finished down in seventh place, ahead of Mark Webber and Jenson Button, the busiest man on track with 106 laps covered.

Giancarlo Fisichella was forced to stop testing early after crashing heavily when he was caught out by gust of wind at the Becketts corner.

The Italian, whose Force India team introduced an engine cover fin for their car today, was uninjured but had to be taken to the medical centre for checks.

"It's a real shame we couldn't do more running in the afternoon as this morning it was all looking quite good," said Fisichella. "The car felt quicker even though the balance was not so good because of the high winds.

"Unfortunately I just got caught out by a change in grip and balance going through Becketts and went off the track and hit the barriers. I wasn't hurt at all, but I did not take my hands off the wheel and they had to do some checks to make sure my wrist was OK."

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:20.015 72
2. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:20.391 95
3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:20.624 74
4. Piquet Renault (B) 1:20.787 87
5. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:20.795 84
6. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:20.982 67
7. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:21.069 69
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:21.170 39
8. Button Honda (B) 1:21.445 106
10. Fisichella Force India (B) 1:21.583 52

All Timing Unofficial

:sickman:
oops. Finger trouble :laugh:

I used to have that same issue until I just said 'screw that finger it is nothing but trouble anyway'!

:laugh::laugh: But my troublesome finger is my right hand index finger.....with a litle help from the left hand index finger. i think the right is by far the most troublesome, but then it is the busiest.
:wavey-finger: oops, finger trouble again, not the index this time :biglaugh:
:wink:
Hope hay fever season ends soon, eyes are still driving me nuts when pollen count is high, probably have to bring tablets and eyedrops with me. :|
I'm on tablets also for stupid darn hay fever

not nice is it, i dont have it too bad tho

al4x i don't know how this start, but I was out driving tonight,up through the forests where I live seen a deer. It did a little dance, no lie.
And 2 foxes.

Hayfever sucks, think ive grew outta it :S is tht possible?
I'm on tablets also for stupid darn hay fever

not nice is it, i dont have it too bad tho

al4x i don't know how this start, but I was out driving tonight,up through the forests where I live seen a deer. It did a little dance, no lie.
And 2 foxes.

Hayfever sucks, think ive grew outta it :S is tht possible?

lol, you dont want to know where it started :irked: least you dont live i n east anglia, the pollen sink hole!

See our F1 related articles too!