FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Williams looking in much better shape. Apparently the team just simply didn't turn up at Magny Cours, doing very stupid and sloppy things such as forgetting to run the cars on qualifying fuel, forgetting to change certain things on set-ups, Patrick Head was absolutely fuming. It's going to be difficult to get 4th in the Constructors Championship back now though...

Is there a detailed explanation of this?

There is, but I'm having trouble getting access to it. As soon as I'll get it I'll edit this post and put it in.

EDIT: And here it is;

Lately Head is far from happy with how things are going in the team. In Canada he got very angry with Rosberg for the mistakes he made in qualifying at Monaco and Montreal. After the weak qualifying performance in Magny-Cours he was again furious, this time with the engineers: ''They're all useless !''
Williams takes a more defensive position: ''I don't want to blame anyone, that's why I'm not answering. But it isn't related to internal proceedings, it is to do with the car.''

But Head's angriness is very serious because this week there discussions will apperantly be held about restructuring the team on a personnel level, dismissals included. Most of all Chief Operations Engineer Rodney Nelson's position would be weak after a lot of criticism.

Rosberg is dissapointed with the team because in Canada information over the radio ended up at journalists. The team did actually warn Rosberg there was red light in the pitlane. A heated dicussion followed when the driver bumped into Hamilton. Rosberg: ''I'm dissapointed because I had expected the team to deal with this internally. Williams: ''I can imagine that. But he very well took up what we told him. And he probably thought: 'You don't need to tell me all that, I'm most angry with this situation myself'.

Despite tension having been built up in the team, Williams keeps choosing Rosberg's side: ''We have a tight contract, without any sort of options.''

The teamboss on protesting against the 10 place grid penalty: ''We protested against it. But flying in Canada in the evening after the GP is very hectic, especially packing up all the material that needs to be taken to one or two airports. We ran out of time.'' When the team decided to protest it was too late.

Some final words on the pitlane incident itself: ''The car with all it's downforce is designed to brake well at 170 km/h, but not at such low speeds. Our brake sensors show that when the tyres were blocked he needed just one more metre to come to a standstill. So in other words: if Hamilton had done a better job there and if Raikkonen would at least have driven away intelligently, then nothing would have happened.''
Right, so what is the list of who is going ?
What are we actually doing?

Let's see, as far as I know so far there's;

Me
You
Racechick
Rob-F1
Sam

Depending on when we're all at the circuit we could watch a practice session or qualifying together as you can go wherever you want for those sessions, there's plenty of entertainment zones around so we could go to one of those or any nearby pubs in the evening.

I'll be heading down to Silverstone early Friday morning about 4 or 5am ish so I can get there in good time and find a good spot at one of the camp sites to park at.

Anything anyone else fancies doing? It's a bugger they moved the BMW Pit Lane Park to Manchester this year, that was one of the highlights of last year.
Damn I wish I could be there with everyone but I hope you all meet up and make it a weekend to remember. We, the forum member's, should really start a section, as Stephen suggested, where the member's can organize get together's for each race, that would be cool as hell! :)

Me
You
Racechick
Rob-F1
Sam

Depending on when we're all at the circuit we could watch a practice session or qualifying together as you can go wherever you want for those sessions, there's plenty of entertainment zones around so we could go to one of those or any nearby pubs in the evening.

I'll be heading down to Silverstone early Friday morning about 4 or 5am ish so I can get there in good time and find a good spot at one of the camp sites to park at.

Anything anyone else fancies doing? It's a bugger they moved the BMW Pit Lane Park to Manchester this year, that was one of the highlights of last year.

That be cool, I'll be around every day, knocking bout with some mates. Practice and tht be cool. Pity BMW pit lane park isn't open. Rob, Sam, Racechick what do you have in mind
?

Me
You
Racechick
Rob-F1
Sam

Wont be there till fri eve. Usually have a barbie then go to fair or pub or disco tent. CANT WAIT!!!!! stating to compile list of essentials,and menus for barbie and which wines to take...real essentials!! I might make a cake. Chocolate cake anyone??
as for predictions Lewis pole Lewis win. What else :thumbup:
:P where u stayin Rob?

A Bed and Breakfast in Milton Keynes with my family this year. I'll be camping at Silverstone next year tho. How about you?

I'm gonna camp, find badgers and wt not :P

A badger hunt would be fine :yes::yes:
:P where u stayin Rob?

A Bed and Breakfast in Milton Keynes with my family this year. I'll be camping at Silverstone next year tho. How about you?

I'm gonna camp, find badgers and wt not :P

A badger hunt would be fine :yes::yes:

And beaver... and chocolate cake :D
Wont be there till fri eve. Usually have a barbie then go to fair or pub or disco tent. CANT WAIT!!!!! stating to compile list of essentials,and menus for barbie and which wines to take...real essentials!! I might make a cake. Chocolate cake anyone??

You found some closer pubs? And a disco you say? That sounds fun too, you don't have to dress up as if you're going to a nightclub do you? :P

So what's everyone who's camping taking in their cool boxes? I'm taking mainly stuff to cook breakfast and possibly tea with, bacon, egg, sausage, black pudding, bread buns and bottles of water. I would bring beers but the ice packs melt too quickly and I HATE warm beer, so I'll just buy it at the circuit/pub.
Just had a look on google and the only closest pubs are quite a walk from the circuit which isn't good unless you fancy a long walk to kill your feet;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=p ... a=N&tab=il

Is that the Green man or something? Autosport usually deck out there don't they?

Yeah, the green man's a mile and a half walk (but looks longer on the map), but yeah I think there'll be temporary ones set up and Racechick mentioned some too.
Just had a look on google and the only closest pubs are quite a walk from the circuit which isn't good unless you fancy a long walk to kill your feet;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=p ... a=N&tab=il

Is that the Green man or something? Autosport usually deck out there don't they?

Yeah, the green man's a mile and a half walk (but looks longer on the map), but yeah I think there'll be temporary ones set up and Racechick mentioned some too.

lol I should steal a golf buggy and drive there :p be easy im sure...

You found some closer pubs? And a disco you say? That sounds fun too, you don't have to dress up as if you're going to a nightclub do you? :P

So what's everyone who's camping taking in their cool boxes? I'm taking mainly stuff to cook breakfast and possibly tea with, bacon, egg, sausage, black pudding, bread buns and bottles of water. I would bring beers but the ice packs melt too quickly and I HATE warm beer, so I'll just buy it at the circuit/pub.

the pub in silverstone is nearest to the back entrance of windmills-not far at all. Im taking lots of wine and mixed seafood kebabs with sweet chilli sauce for friday. Probably some sort of chicken for fiday not sure. the diso tent is round by the fair. oppposite ditection. its disco tent and fair or pub. one each night. :wine::bellydance:

I can keep my wine chilled for the track saturday :wink:

the pub in silverstone is nearest to the back entrance of windmills-not far at all. Im taking lots of wine and mixed seafood kebabs with sweet chilli sauce for friday. Probably some sort of chicken for fiday not sure. the diso tent is round by the fair. oppposite ditection. its disco tent and fair or pub. one each night. :wine::bellydance:

I can keep my wine chilled for the track saturday :wink:

And get drunk? How will you find ur way back :o:o:o ?

See our F1 related articles too!