FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Go on wear a kilt, Jackie does. And last year a load of Spanish guys were dressed up as bullfighters.

Ah, I see you were sitting at Bridge last year too? (I took a video of their rendition of Viva Espana, good stuff)
Hmmm I wonder if Denthul might be kind enough to send me some black pudding in time for when I head down on Friday? Afterall Bury market is home to the best black pudding... yum! :)
Hmmm I wonder if Denthul might be kind enough to send me some black pudding in time for when I head down on Friday? Afterall Bury market is home to the best black pudding... yum! :)

Well, if you've got an address for it to go to... :P
Go on wear a kilt, Jackie does. And last year a load of Spanish guys were dressed up as bullfighters.

Ah, I see you were sitting at Bridge last year too? (I took a video of their rendition of Viva Espana, good stuff)

Yes I was sitting there! I have pics of them. They were a good laugh.

Yes I was sitting there! I have pics of them. They were a good laugh.

Toma
From F1 Live:

As has been a trend for a few races now, the pre-Grand Prix weather forecast is predicting rain.

Local prognosticators for the recent Monaco, Montreal and Magny-Cours events had similar adverse forecasts, as it now emerges that a high chance of rain exists for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The first rain of the event could fall on Thursday, with a lesser chance for the opening day of practice a day later.

Saturday, however, could be a wash-out, with some forecasts envisaging up to a 100 percent chance of rain.

Heavy showers - up to a 75 percent likelihood - could also fall on Sunday, when a sell-out crowd will gather at the Northamptonshire venue.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Things could get even more interesting. :)
From F1 Live:

As has been a trend for a few races now, the pre-Grand Prix weather forecast is predicting rain.

Local prognosticators for the recent Monaco, Montreal and Magny-Cours events had similar adverse forecasts, as it now emerges that a high chance of rain exists for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The first rain of the event could fall on Thursday, with a lesser chance for the opening day of practice a day later.

Saturday, however, could be a wash-out, with some forecasts envisaging up to a 100 percent chance of rain.

Heavy showers - up to a 75 percent likelihood - could also fall on Sunday, when a sell-out crowd will gather at the Northamptonshire venue.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Things could get even more interesting. :)

For you at home... while im soaked :p
From Planet F1:

Webber: F1 needs the British Grand Prix
Wednesday 2nd July 2008

Mark Webber says the criticism levelled at the British Grand Prix is unfair, and believes Formula One will lose a bit of history if the race drops from the calendar.

The contract between the British Racing Drivers' Club and Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone runs out at the end of next season, and it remains unclear whether or not the race will be on the 2010 calendar.

Red Bull's Mark Webber says it will be sad if Silverstone goes the way of other historic races like Imola and Suzuka.

"It is a shame there is always a discussion about the race's place on the calendar," he wrote in his BBC Sport column.

"We have already lost Imola, Suzuka and some others. And we cannot afford to lose Silverstone, Monza, Spa, circuits like that.

"We need a British Grand Prix because of the history that surrounds it and the industry that supports it. It is so deep-rooted.

"I am not that bothered about the venue but Silverstone is probably the best place to have it."

The Australian believes the people at the Northamptonshire circuit are doing their best to keep the track top notch.

"It comes in for a lot of criticism from Ecclestone but I went up there a few weeks ago on my way back from Bahrain and I was just blown away by it. Everything was top dollar," he said.

"The lawns looked beautiful. The flags were all freshly pressed. I thought: 'Wow, they're trying hard.'

"Having said that, I am sure Bernie is not bluffing with his threats. It is his train set and he can put the rails down as he likes."

At least Webber is talking some sense on this issue. :hehe:
Webber's bang on right once again. So what if the circuits haven't got the greatest facilities in the world? It's not facilities that make sports venues the best.

You look at some football stadia today with similar "great facilities" whilst neglecting to build character into the ground. That's why there are so many dull, bowl shaped grounds which look ordinary and look like they were made out of plastic but the media love them because of the facilities. Meanwhile all the "older" grounds get slagged off by them for being old, slightly crude but having character.

What happened to the term "roughing it"?
Webber's bang on right once again. So what if the circuits haven't got the greatest facilities in the world? It's not facilities that make sports venues the best.

You look at some football stadia today with similar "great facilities" whilst neglecting to build character into the ground. That's why there are so many dull, bowl shaped grounds which look ordinary and look like they were made out of plastic but the media love them because of the facilities. Meanwhile all the "older" grounds get slagged off by them for being old, slightly crude but having character.

Exactly what we'll have to do this weekend :P

I completely agree. The football team I support play in an old ground (only two stands and behind the nets is terracing). The way it is constructed, however, means the view is perfect wherever you are in the stadium; there is no such thing as a bad seat. For me, that's the most important thing. At the end of the day, you're only going to be there for a couple of hours, so all you need is shelter, a half decent seat, a burger bar and toilets. When the team does get its new stadium, the atmosphere and feel to the games just won't be the same. Silverstone is similar. The track has more or less what everybody needs. Ecclestone is just exaggerating how bad the circuit really is. The only things that really need done at Silverstone is a revamp of the pits and slightly better car parking facilities. Most fans are happy enough with facilities inside the track, so not a lot of work is needed there either. There's a much better atmosphere sitting on the grass than in some boring stadium God knows how far from the track. From a driving point of view, the circuit is challenging, testing all aspects of racing cars and drivers. The truth of the matter is that Ecclestone wants more money. At the minute, he's only getting 11 million from Silverstone, whilst places in the Middle and Far East are playing triple that. If Silverstone was bringing in similar revenues, Ecclestone would be a lot less vociferous about the standard of the facilities.

See our F1 related articles too!