Silverstone

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

racechick wrote:Er??? Something to do with a war?? :?


Well kinda. Its when Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites marched into England to recapture the crowns, they got as far as just north of London (in my case Northamptonish :P haha) and then retreated... eventually defeated.

History on the brain me at the moment soz.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
7UpJordan
Posts: 7368
Joined: 18 Jan 07, 19:49
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Silverstone

Post by 7UpJordan »

How about 1066 instead then? :P
Image
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

7UpJordan wrote:How about 1066 instead then? :P


Ach, we stayed well outta that :hehe:
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

GOD DAMN IT!

BMW take Pit Lane Park to Manchester

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 09:01 GMT


BMW Sauber are to take their Pit Lane Park to Manchester for the first time, on the same weekend as the British Grand Prix.

The Formula One-based theme park, which offers visitors the chance to get a closer look at the technology and excitement of Grand Prix machinery, will be situated at the Trafford Shopping Centre from July 4th to 6th.

The demonstrations of the BMW Sauber F1 car will be conducted by World Touring Car Championship driver Augusto Farfus, while the Formula BMW runs will be conducted by Marcus Ericsson and Matt Howson.
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
texasmr2
Posts: 15916
Joined: 15 Sep 07, 12:43
Favourite Team: Ferrari
Location: Texas

Re: Silverstone

Post by texasmr2 »

EwmanM wrote:GOD DAMN IT!

God did not dam it the beavers did. :D
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
User avatar
7UpJordan
Posts: 7368
Joined: 18 Jan 07, 19:49
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Silverstone

Post by 7UpJordan »

EwmanM wrote:GOD DAMN IT!

BMW take Pit Lane Park to Manchester

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 09:01 GMT


BMW Sauber are to take their Pit Lane Park to Manchester for the first time, on the same weekend as the British Grand Prix.

The Formula One-based theme park, which offers visitors the chance to get a closer look at the technology and excitement of Grand Prix machinery, will be situated at the Trafford Shopping Centre from July 4th to 6th.

The demonstrations of the BMW Sauber F1 car will be conducted by World Touring Car Championship driver Augusto Farfus, while the Formula BMW runs will be conducted by Marcus Ericsson and Matt Howson.

Well that is STUPID, why take away one of the highlights of the British GP weekend?? Oh well, at least Toyota will probably bring along their simulator again this year.
Image
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
User avatar
racechick
Missing Mod
Posts: 23581
Joined: 03 Aug 07, 11:08
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas
Location: Nottinghham UK

Re: Silverstone

Post by racechick »

T-shirts being printed :hehe: . Might end up in prison or debtors gaol :yikes: I'll post a pic as soon as I get it.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln


Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

7UpJordan wrote:
EwmanM wrote:GOD DAMN IT!

BMW take Pit Lane Park to Manchester

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 09:01 GMT


BMW Sauber are to take their Pit Lane Park to Manchester for the first time, on the same weekend as the British Grand Prix.

The Formula One-based theme park, which offers visitors the chance to get a closer look at the technology and excitement of Grand Prix machinery, will be situated at the Trafford Shopping Centre from July 4th to 6th.

The demonstrations of the BMW Sauber F1 car will be conducted by World Touring Car Championship driver Augusto Farfus, while the Formula BMW runs will be conducted by Marcus Ericsson and Matt Howson.

Well that is STUPID, why take away one of the highlights of the British GP weekend?? Oh well, at least Toyota will probably bring along their simulator again this year.


Seems Your battle with Rob-F1 wnt be happening then 7up :(
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport
User avatar
EwanM
Co-Editor
Posts: 11157
Joined: 21 Oct 07, 20:02
Location: Dear Green Place

Re: Silverstone

Post by EwanM »

racechick wrote:T-shirts being printed :hehe: . Might end up in prison or debtors gaol :yikes: I'll post a pic as soon as I get it.


lol Max is gonna get you :violinist: :grandad: :rotfl: :wave:
Forumula One: The World's Greatest Sport