FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By DJS71
I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on a couple of things re the Silverstone Grand Prix. I am attending on the race day only but have never been before. I do not have a grandstand ticket so I am not restricted to where I stand/sit. Can anyone let me know which part of the track is good is good to head for to watch and get some close up action?

Also I will be driving to the park and ride on the M40, aiming to get there for around 8am. I have heard that it can take a long time from there given the traffic etc. so if anyone cand again advise on this I would be grateful. In order to get a good viewing point for the race should I aim to get to the track earlier?
By KyrosV
I always think Maggots, becketts & chaple are the best to see the most action..

cept one year I went Nick Hiedfelds Prost blew up as it left chaple goin onto the hanger straight so we couldnt see anything for a while... =/ it also pissed it down afterwards too as we were walking back to where we parked.... at mcdonalds nr Towcester
By Rob-F1
In 2002/2003 and 2004 I was fortunate enough to get free access to the inside of Copses corner for the race. I do recommend Maggots... its a truly amazing spot to watch a Formula 1 car and I'd imagine that its even better to watch the race.

Speaking of Silverstone is only, like 16 days till it all starts! I'm seriously hyped! :D
By KyrosV
Im not going this year :( its on my birthday as well..
By Rob-F1
Thats like a double kick in the nuts.

Sorry to hear that mate.
By EwanM
I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on a couple of things re the Silverstone Grand Prix. I am attending on the race day only but have never been before. I do not have a grandstand ticket so I am not restricted to where I stand/sit. Can anyone let me know which part of the track is good is good to head for to watch and get some close up action?

Also I will be driving to the park and ride on the M40, aiming to get there for around 8am. I have heard that it can take a long time from there given the traffic etc. so if anyone cand again advise on this I would be grateful. In order to get a good viewing point for the race should I aim to get to the track earlier?

Well, im not a ROB-F1... I havent got the 8 in a row tag, missed the last couple of years due to circumstances outta my hand. (Man there is gonna be a load of us Forumula1.com'ers at the GP this year 8)

Anyways, your ticket types, means you can't sit in grandstands, but you can sit or stand around any of the outside areas around the circuit. Bar the "terraces" - think there is one just after copse. I like copse mind you, but Maggots is one of the best places to see action. I even like Bridge, it's pretty awesome. I'm sure you'll find your way around and enjoy the day.

And yeah If i were you i'd try to get to the circuit as early as possible. I mean i am camping the whole weekend but I may even queue for the gates early on race day.

Does anyone no who is gonna play the Grand Prix Party?
Can we make this the official Silverstone page :P?
By Rob-F1
Both me and Kimi Raikkonen have something in common... we have been to the same number of British Grand Prix's.... :D
By racechick

Well, im not a ROB-F1... I havent got the 8 in a row tag, missed the last couple of years due to circumstances outta my hand. (Man there is gonna be a load of us Forumula1.com'ers at the GP this year 8)

Anyways, your ticket types, means you can't sit in grandstands, but you can sit or stand around any of the outside areas around the circuit. Bar the "terraces" - think there is one just after copse. I like copse mind you, but Maggots is one of the best places to see action. I even like Bridge, it's pretty awesome. I'm sure you'll find your way around and enjoy the day.

And yeah If i were you i'd try to get to the circuit as early as possible. I mean i am camping the whole weekend but I may even queue for the gates early on race day.

Does anyone no who is gonna play the Grand Prix Party?
Can we make this the official Silverstone page :P?

Ive been going for about 11 years. Ive watched from maggotts, its good to see them going so fast thru there but i like to be nearer to the cars than you can get there. I prefer Bridge. I also watched once from end of the pitts/copse. That was good(just general entry)but it was 2003 so i think anywhere may have been good. If you're not getting there till 8 you may have to push and shove to get a good spot...well you WILL have to push and shove to get a good spot. LESS THAN THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!
By Rob-F1
Bridge corner is an amazing spot to watch the race. Thats why I am sitting there this year. :D
By sax2basix
Well I'll also be at Silverstone this year. My first Grand Prix ever and I can't wait. Monaco is my next goal :) Am camping at Silverstone Golf Club Friday to Sunday. Unfortunately only have general entry for the three days but am sure it will be great nevertheless.............will be looking out for Racechicks banner :twisted:
By Rob-F1
Once you have been once, you will never wanna stop. That is what has happened to me. It's like a drug, attending the British Grand Prix live was once a nice trip, now its an addiction. Its probarly going to be alot more expensive through-out my life than a smoking addiction but hey, I don't care. :D
By 7UpJordan
I'm going for the whole 3 day weekend. Really looking forward to it now. I'll be on the Hangar straight grandstand on raceday, but plan to sit on the pit straight stand for qualifying. I'll be camping too and looking forward to bacon, egg, sausage and black pudding for breakfast. :D
By racechick
Well I'll also be at Silverstone this year. My first Grand Prix ever and I can't wait. Monaco is my next goal :) Am camping at Silverstone Golf Club Friday to Sunday. Unfortunately only have general entry for the three days but am sure it will be great nevertheless.............will be looking out for Racechicks banner :twisted:

Well come and say hello if you see it :D
By Rob-F1
It's common knowledge that Silverstone food is sh*t... :lol:
By racechick
Once you have been once, you will never wanna stop. That is what has happened to me. It's like a drug, attending the British Grand Prix live was once a nice trip, now its an addiction. Its probarly going to be alot more expensive through-out my life than a smoking addiction but hey, I don't care. :D

Yes Im addicted! its the whole weekend, the whole atmosphere. Love it!

See our F1 related articles too!