Silverstone

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
tibby76

Re: Silverstone

Post by tibby76 »

hi there forgive my ignorance.
me and my 2 mates will be travellin to silverstone for the 1st time :D this year and was wondering if you could give us some info. :?:
we'll be leavin our town in scotland and travellin down on the early hours off fri morn(think we'll be leavin about 5am) :( rough journey 5hours?
wot time does the friday practice session start at??
i noticed some1 was talking about a "kangaroo" :? :? wot is this??
any info wood be great
:D cheers
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Kangaroo is a hand held device that gives lap and sector times for all drvers and you can switch to on board camera with any driver too. Good if they're about to overtake! Practise time info will be on yout tickets. I wouldnt advise you to travel down without an official ticket-it will be a sell out and there are warnings about ticket touts.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
Martin

Post by Martin »

tibby76 wrote:hi there forgive my ignorance.
me and my 2 mates will be travellin to silverstone for the 1st time :D this year and was wondering if you could give us some info. :?:
we'll be leavin our town in scotland and travellin down on the early hours off fri morn(think we'll be leavin about 5am) :( rough journey 5hours?
wot time does the friday practice session start at??
i noticed some1 was talking about a "kangaroo" :? :? wot is this??
any info wood be great
:D cheers

I see that Racechick has told you about Kangaroo. Journey time depends upon where you are in Scotland. I would guess about 5 hrs from Edinburgh.
Which out for the old Bill with their 'nickometers' making money out of speeding. They are very active on the approaches to Silverstone.
Strive to be fast, strive to be first but, above all, strive to be alive.
Martin
Rob-F1

Post by Rob-F1 »

This year will be the 8th year in a row I shall be attending the British grand prix (no joke). I'm sitting at Bridge corner, which is the same place I sat in 2006.

I'm looking forward to a Ferrari 1,2. :D
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=maIZEp67xmQ

"You're riding onboard with one of the greats, if not the greatest racing driver in the history of Formula 1"

James Allen, 22/10/06...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Rob-F1 wrote:This year will be the 8th year in a row I shall be attending the British grand prix (no joke). I'm sitting at Bridge corner, which is the same place I sat in 2006.

I'm looking forward to a Ferrari 1,2. :D

Im at bridge corner to see a McLaren 1,2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
What seat number are you?
2006? You saw Lewis' GP2 drive then! I was at Bridge for that too :D :D
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
Rob-F1

Post by Rob-F1 »

Thats just freaky. Where were you last year?

I actually missed the GP2 race that year thanks to my w***** of a father. I didn't arrive in the circuit till about 10.30, which resulted in me missing the best race of the weekend.

I don't know what my seat number is it, my tickets have not arrived yet.

"You're riding onboard with one of the greats, if not the greatest racing driver in the history of Formula 1"

James Allen, 22/10/06...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Similar place last year. Back row second block in from the bidge. Same place this year. My tickets arrived this weekend. Were you there last year? If so did you see the Spanish Guys dressed up as bull fighters?
You are right to be mad with your dad for missing tha race, it was fantastic-sorry :twisted:
Abe Lincoln

7UpJordan

Post by 7UpJordan »

You still going to be bringing the Mad Max banner and the printed t-shirts racechick? ;)
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
Rob-F1

Post by Rob-F1 »

racechick wrote:Similar place last year. Back row second block in from the bidge. Same place this year. My tickets arrived this weekend. Were you there last year? If so did you see the Spanish Guys dressed up as bull fighters?
You are right to be mad with your dad for missing tha race, it was fantastic-sorry :twisted:

I was in Pit Straight A last year, the pictures are on my Bebo page. :wink:

And I know the race was fantastic... he has never seen me more angry I asure you. :P

James Allen, 22/10/06...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

7UpJordan wrote:You still going to be bringing the Mad Max banner and the printed t-shirts racechick? ;)

Not done anything about it yet, thought Id see what happens tomorrow first before i decide what to write. Have to make the effort though!! Will go in pit straight for quali -opposite mcLaren garage :lol: :lol:
Abe Lincoln

7UpJordan

Post by 7UpJordan »

Can you definately sit wherever you like during practice and qualifying? Might go on pit straight too for qualifying, should be a good atmosphere when Lewis comes round and bags pole position. :)
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

You can if you have a numbered seat not if you have general entry. You can go in any grandstand but have to go to your reserved seat on the Sunday. Do yo have a numbered seat?
Abe Lincoln

7UpJordan

Post by 7UpJordan »

racechick wrote:You can if you have a numbered seat not if you have general entry. You can go in any grandstand but have to go to your reserved seat on the Sunday. Do yo have a numbered seat?

I should do, I've got a Hangar Straight grandstand ticket this year, just waiting for it to turn up now. :)
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

7UpJordan wrote:
racechick wrote:You can if you have a numbered seat not if you have general entry. You can go in any grandstand but have to go to your reserved seat on the Sunday. Do yo have a numbered seat?

I should do, I've got a Hangar Straight grandstand ticket this year, just waiting for it to turn up now. :)

Cool, you'll be able to do it then! You can help me hold the banner! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Abe Lincoln

tibby76

Post by tibby76 »

thanks for gettin back and providin us with that info it was helpful.
i don't think thank we'll be worried about the old bill as were travelling down in a camper van that has a top speed o 60!!!
we've all got tickets as well cheers :D :D