SILVERSTONE SEATING

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Newie

SILVERSTONE SEATING

Post by Newie »

Any opinions on where the best viewing areas for Silverstone are, at the moment I'm thinking of the Hangar straight. Any other recommendations appreciated.
deMuRe

Re: SILVERSTONE SEATING

Post by deMuRe »

I'm buying tickets for Stowe, becketts is nice as well, to see the cars change direction quick...
7 Times
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

My tickets are for Bridge but i know they're sold out now
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
onelapdown

Post by onelapdown »

Disclaimer: I haven't been to Silverstone since 2001 so this may be out of date

If you get there early enough* there's a little room up against a fence at Bridge at the back of a stand. Here you can see Bridge, Priory, Brooklands and Luffield and there's a TV screen right in front of you. It's a great place to follow the race.
*by early I mean queueing up outside the gates at 1am and running straight in to your place as soon as the gates open...

However If you purely want to see an F1 car at it's most impressive make for the apex of Maggotts, where you can get within about 5 metres of a car cornering flat out at 190mph
Jim Clark, Monza, one lap down...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

onelapdown wrote:Disclaimer: I haven't been to Silverstone since 2001 so this may be out of date

If you get there early enough* there's a little room up against a fence at Bridge at the back of a stand. Here you can see Bridge, Priory, Brooklands and Luffield and there's a TV screen right in front of you. It's a great place to follow the race.
*by early I mean queueing up outside the gates at 1am and running straight in to your place as soon as the gates open...

However If you purely want to see an F1 car at it's most impressive make for the apex of Maggotts, where you can get within about 5 metres of a car cornering flat out at 190mph

That place by bridge is where I watched once but you do have to be early! After that i went into bridge itself. It is a great place.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Post by scotty »

I haven't been to Silverstone for a couple of years, are there still places to see the track without getting a grandstand ticket?
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

scotty wrote:I haven't been to Silverstone for a couple of years, are there still places to see the track without getting a grandstand ticket?

yeah loads. you just have to get there early
Abe Lincoln

Kimi_Hamilton

Post by Kimi_Hamilton »

Is it sold out yet?
Kimi Räikkönen - WDC 2007
Latest addition to my KR collection - Revell F2007 model kit
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Hamilton_2nd_2007 wrote:Is it sold out yet?

I know bridge is because a friend tried to get a ticket. I should think there are still some tickests elsewhere though. You can check online or phone Silvertsone circuits
Abe Lincoln