Silverstone GP 2013 Park and Ride Info

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: Silverstone GP 2013 Park and Ride Info

Post by racechick »

Don't know what he does. I think he over hikes it to the track owners, then it's up to them how they recoup. To be fair to Silverstone I don't think they've hiked the prices over the last few years. I've paid slightly over £200 for a three day gold grandstand.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

LiamCatterson wrote:Doesn't he jack up the price by a million each year in terms of capacity in whole rather than obviously per person?

I believe the fees rise by 5% each year for Silverstone.
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

out of curiosity, Canada has over 300 thousand people showing up at the track over a GP weekend, what's the attendance number for Silverstone? I'd imagine the Euro circuits would be highest, with maybe Brazil being the highest of the rest of world but those are just wild guesses.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Capacity for Silverstone is about 125,000 I think. Last year was sold out at about 129,000. I guess the older tracks that have develppoed historically have limited capacit to expand. I'd LOVE all you lot to come to Silverstone! Wouldn't that be great! I know you'd love it!.....well most of you would.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

I meant over the entire race weekend, so 125l isn't bad for sold out race day capacity. In 2011 the number at Canada was quoted at 315 if I remember, it was just over 300k this year because of rain on both Friday and Saturday keeping people away.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

What's Burning? wrote:I meant over the entire race weekend, so 125l isn't bad for sold out race day capacity. In 2011 the number at Canada was quoted at 315 if I remember, it was just over 300k this year because of rain on both Friday and Saturday keeping people away.

Best I can find so far......

315,000 attended the British Grand Prix in 2011 - 88,000 attended on the Friday, 105,000 on the Saturday and 122,000 on the Sunday

So about the same. But look at ticket prices.

Cheapest Canadian general admission 3day ticket for 2014 is $126 = £79
Cheapest British general admission 3day ticket for 2013 is £165
LiamCatterson
Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso, Nico Hulkenberg, Felipe Massa
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by LiamCatterson »

Watching 2012's Grand Prix just to get a feel of what pain it will be like this time next week. Been every year since 2003 until 2012, maybe next year :(