FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
i literally know nothing about formula1 other than it involves fast vehicles... :blush: my bf has been talking about going to the race in austin for ages now and i thought it would be really nice to surprise him with a trip to austin and the f1 stuff...i'm tempted to buy flights now before prices go way up, but just wanted to see if anyone could answer some basic questions. sorry for wasting forum space on this!!! i just think it would be really awesome if i could pull this off and i don't know anyone that's been before.

1. is it difficult to get GA tickets...do they sell out really fast? are there scalpers or reasonable deals on craigslist in case you can't get tickets? don't want to buy flights then not be able to get tix (heard it was sometime in summer tix are released?)
2. are you able to buy single-day seat tickets (like non-GA)?
3. are there shuttles from DT austin to the track or do i need to rent a car?

thanks!!!!!!! :thumbup:
If you're in the US, the simplest way would be to go to the F1.com site and you can purchase them directly from there. Otherwise deal with the COTA website and purchase them there, they'll be reputable and surprise free. You've got plenty of time so they'll be plenty of tickets for sale and yes you can but different types of tickets for different seating areas or general admission for a 'relatively' cheap price, and you could even buy single day tickets only.

I'd like to add that you are perfection in girlfriendshipness doing that for your main squeeze. :cloud9:
If you're in the US, the simplest way would be to go to the F1.com site and you can purchase them directly from there. Otherwise deal with the COTA website and purchase them there, they'll be reputable and surprise free. You've got plenty of time so they'll be plenty of tickets for sale and yes you can but different types of tickets for different seating areas or general admission for a 'relatively' cheap price, and you could even buy single day tickets only.

I'd like to add that you are perfection in girlfriendshipness doing that for your main squeeze. :cloud9:

You assume whazzzup is a girl.... :nono::hehe:

Touche, but still someone's the 'bottom'. :hehe:

Touche, but still someone's the 'bottom'. :hehe:

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl: Wooooooooooow! great gesture whazzup! Whatever umpalumpa you are!! Hope it all works out for you and your partner. And maybe you could keep coming on here to tell us how things are progressing.
:rofl: :rofl: Wooooooooooow! great gesture whazzup! Whatever umpalumpa you are!! Hope it all works out for you and your partner. And maybe you could keep coming on here to tell us how things are progressing.

Maybe He/She can stick around, and learn a bit about the sport, so that when he/she surprises their BF with the COTA tickets, he/she can doubly surprise him by blowing his mind with all the facts and technical knowledge he/she has of F1.

It could be Forumula1's secret side project, for the season - Turn Whazzzup Into A Fairly Knowledgeable F1 Fan Before November 17th 2013.....?

Anyone up for the challenge? (as obviously you need some one who actually knows something about F1, which kind excludes me :hehe: )
HA! your replies made me laugh. i am indeed a girl. if someone wants to give me an f1 crash course (pun? do they crash cars in f1? or am i thinking of nascar? how stupid do i sound?), i'm down to learn a thing or two. it might make the weekend more fun. also there's booze there right?!?! :drink: also anyone know about transport from DT?
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!