So im going to Spa next year

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
cheekybru
Favourite Driver: Cummon Man!
Favourite Team: Merc while he's there

So im going to Spa next year

Post by cheekybru »

:D

My first F1 race, so excited i could wet myself, were getting the (oh so cheap) 105 euro tickets for the weekend, they standing but what a deal?? I presume you can walk around the track etc? (really want to stand by En Rouge for a while)

Any advice from people that have been there?

Plus has anyone got a download link for the 2008 race? i want to show my mates who are coming with.

Thx Muchley :)
"I wonder what would of happend if you put Adrian Newey and Lewis Hamilton together, Mclaren had that chance before they let both of them go" - Martin Brundle USA GP 2012

"How is he doing this?!" DC on Lewis - Barhain 2014
cheekybru

Re: So im going to Spa next year

Post by cheekybru »

Sorry a mod might wanna move this to "Going to an f1 race" didnt see that section :banghead:
"I wonder what would of happend if you put Adrian Newey and Lewis Hamilton together, Mclaren had that chance before they let both of them go" - Martin Brundle USA GP 2012

stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

Loads of places to watch from with general access and you can get around the whole circuit except the pit straight.
Take waterproofs and don't forget cameras :/ . If you're camping remember to take food and not just beer.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
cheekybru

Post by cheekybru »

thanks so wel be able to get a view of Eau Rouge then?

stonemonkey
Missing Mod

Post by stonemonkey »

cheekybru wrote:thanks so wel be able to get a view of En Rouge then?

You can see it from where the merchandise stalls are and maybe 1 or 2 other points but there's a few stands around it so you don't get the best of views.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Eau Rouge is famous, but only for the challenge the drivers face when trying to force their cars through the corner.

If it's overtaking and action you want, then try Les Combes, that's your best bet.
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
cheekybru

Post by cheekybru »

yeh thanks i just wanna see the cars go through eau rouge a few times because it looks so amazing, but will deffo try les combes thanks :)

LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Make sure you take some good pictures! What a great circuit to go to! I've actually never been so I'm very jealous! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! :thumbup:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
stonemonkey
Missing Mod

Post by stonemonkey »

LewEngBridewell wrote:Eau Rouge is famous, but only for the challenge the drivers face when trying to force their cars through the corner.

If it's overtaking and action you want, then try Les Combes, that's your best bet.

Not so sure about that now, that's where we were but with the long DRS zone on the straight leading up to there the passes were made before they got there.
McLaren

Post by McLaren »

I'm sure you will have a good time,with great viewing.Don't forget your umbrella :D
brionella

Post by brionella »

We watched from Pouhon last year. 8-) Was a good spot, bit of a vertical slope though! A few people who only took beer, not food took a tumble!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheekybru

Post by cheekybru »

brionella wrote:We watched from Pouhon last year. 8-) Was a good spot, bit of a vertical slope though! A few people who only took beer, not food took a tumble!

ha well we going to Amsterdam on the way so it wont just be beer making us s/tumble :cloud9:

seriously tho your pic just gets me more excited why does it have to be 9 months away :banghead:

bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton

Post by bud »

brionella wrote:We watched from Pouhon last year. 8-) Was a good spot, bit of a vertical slope though! A few people who only took beer, not food took a tumble!

That's where I went in 09 pretty good view for general admission
brionella

Post by brionella »

cheekybru wrote:

ha well we going to Amsterdam on the way so it wont just be beer making us s/tumble :cloud9:

seriously tho your pic just gets me more excited why does it have to be 9 months away :banghead:

I know! We are going general admission again next year, does seem like ages away. Thought we might watch from a different spot, get a feeling for a different part of the track. Anyone got any suggestions? :mexwavebounce: