Carry-on (luggage) to race venue?

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
brettr

Carry-on (luggage) to race venue?

Post by brettr »

I'm planning to attend the Montreal 2011 race. It's on a Sunday and I'll be flying out that evening. Because hotel check out is 11 AM, I will not have anywhere to stow my carry on. Are these allowed at the venues and seating area? Or better, is there a place to stow them until after the race?
spankyham
I'm DD's eunuch
Favourite Driver: Whoever drives for Ferrari
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Re: Carry-on (luggage) to race venue?

Post by spankyham »

brettr wrote:I'm planning to attend the Montreal 2011 race. It's on a Sunday and I'll be flying out that evening. Because hotel check out is 11 AM, I will not have anywhere to stow my carry on. Are these allowed at the venues and seating area? Or better, is there a place to stow them until after the race?

You don't want to lugging travelling luggage around a GP! The hotel will keep it for you, or, a locker at the airport, dump your bags head to the race, then back to the airport. One of those should do the trick.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by texasmr2 »

:yes:
I would check with the hotel asap as they should be able too assist you especially if you have already paid for your room.
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Ive moved your question to this section as this all about going to GP's.

I would echo spanky's advice and say dont take luggage to a GP if it can be avoided. Hotels often have left luggage rooms for when youve checked out.
If you have a granstand seat theres not much space for things. If you're general entry you certainly dont want to be lugging luggage on the charge to find a good viewing spot.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln