FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will we see Vettel at Ferrari after his RBR contract ends?

Yes
50%
No
50%
vettel wont be wearing red he will saty at red bull, kubica and rosberg are supposed to be in ferrari next, ive even heard a very strange rumour that beumi is lined up with the seat but that would be in his wildest dreams.
vettel wont be wearing red he will saty at red bull, kubica and rosberg are supposed to be in ferrari next, ive even heard a very strange rumour that beumi is lined up with the seat but that would be in his wildest dreams.

Yes Vettel is reported if he has not already signing with RBR thru 2014. Kubica may never race again so to early to say but Rosberg could be inline, I would rather see Kobi in red than Vettel now.
Why would Seb ever want to leave Red Bull, they have a great team with great technical people (NEWEY) and the best car, I'd be quite disappointed if he ended up at Ferrari to be honest.
I sincerely hope not as I am far from a Ferrari fan these days. However, whilst Alonso is calling the shots I can't see Ferrari taking on someone like Vettel. They'll look for someone who is just happy to be in Ferrari and is willing to sit and play the team game.
If Vettel and Red Bull both remain the top team/driver, why would he ever leave? It's all about winning.

True.

I cant think Vettel in Ferrari.So i pick the no option.Its both 50% so far.
I think we will see Vettel at Ferrari in about 3 to 5 years.

Not whilst Alonso is calling the shots.

He probably has more of a chance at Mercedes or McLaren before Ferrari while Fernando is there.
But seriously why would he want to leave RedBull? They should be a formidable team for the foreseeable future.
He probably has more of a chance at Mercedes or McLaren before Ferrari while Fernando is there.
But seriously why would he want to leave RedBull? They should be a formidable team for the foreseeable future.

Exactly, whilst Newey is designing the cars at Red Bull it would be stupd for him to move. Even if Red Bull produces the inevitable dud the next car will probably be quite a bit better going on Newey's track record.

I don't know about McLaren but Merc have already tried to get Vettel to sign for when his Red Bull contract expires. Given Merc's lack of progress so far I can see the Merc board pulling the plug over the next couple of years unless the 2012 car is an absolute stoater.

As for Ferrari, they'll want a No. 2 who is just happy to be in a front running team and will willingly play the team game.
I don't honestly think that having a #2 driver to "play the game" is the Ferrari mindset going forward, but if it is then it is a mistake. The constructors' championship is obviously worth a lot of money, and they would be foolish not to go for it in bettering their team and the car. But right now Massa is really just a shadow of his former achievements, and imo that contributes most to the current situation.

See our F1 related articles too!