2%
Silverstone
4%
Turkey
6%
Other
16%
By IceManpjn
I voted a while back but never commented on my vote, so I guess I will.

I went with the expected answer of Spa because I feel like I enjoy watching the races there most. Part of me wanted to go with Monaco because it's Monaco, and of all the tracks I've raced on (virtually) it's always been the most challenging for me, but to be honest about it I don't find it quite so interesting to watch them race around Monaco. Using the 2011 race at Monaco as an illustration, of the top six drivers (not meaning the top six in that particular race but the Big Six from Red Bull, McLaren, and Ferrari) I only remember Hamilton attempting to overtake, two thirds of which overtakes resulted in crashes and subsequent penalties, so had he not bothered then there would have been zero overtaking moves made by the top six. (I suppose maybe one of the backmarkers might have passed somebody somewhere and it went unnoticed. I dunno.)
By f1ea
I voted a while back but never commented on my vote, so I guess I will.

I went with the expected answer of Spa because I feel like I enjoy watching the races there most. Part of me wanted to go with Monaco because it's Monaco, and of all the tracks I've raced on (virtually) it's always been the most challenging for me, but to be honest about it I don't find it quite so interesting to watch them race around Monaco. Using the 2011 race at Monaco as an illustration, of the top six drivers (not meaning the top six in that particular race but the Big Six from Red Bull, McLaren, and Ferrari) I only remember Hamilton attempting to overtake, two thirds of which overtakes resulted in crashes and subsequent penalties, so had he not bothered then there would have been zero overtaking moves made by the top six. (I suppose maybe one of the backmarkers might have passed somebody somewhere and it went unnoticed. I dunno.)

There were some overtakes on the 2011 Monaco GP. And it looked as if there were going to be about 2 more; or as statistics suggest... 1 overtake, 1 crash ;)

There were several also last yr.

Monaco is great, not because they can overtake. But for many other reasons. Monaco is a sort of race you have to 'learn to love'. Last race was great, i tell you, had it not been for them being able to switch tires during the red flag it would have been a classic ending.

That said.... Spa is better :)
My favorite to race (f1 2010) is Canada, being a American I like long straights and little turning. Jk

there are so many good gp's it is hard to pick a favorite to watch, spa, monza, Monaco, silverstone in the wet

All can be equally entertaining under the right circumstances
By racechick
Im gonna pick Silverstone because ive been there so many times......but If I'd been to Spa as many times Id pick Spa. :D:D
I can't believe Monaco has so much more votes than Monza. In fact, I'm the only one who's voted for Monza!!! :yikes:

Singapore, in my opinion, is actually a better street circuit than Monaco, but history has worked in the latter's favour............... :rolleyes:
By FRAFPDD
I can see the good in every track

" oh god i hate valencia and spain such s*** tracks"

ITS. THE. CARS.

Its never the tracks that make racing s***, Pirelli's DRS and KERS are natures way of sorting out the problems with the cars and now the tracks can get on with doing what theyve always wanted to.

How some people can see the type of racing we''ve had all season so far, including a total whopper at usual flop china, and still be so ignorant coming to each track based on its history of racing. All tracks now have the potential for a great race, all of them. Catalunya put on a good race for gods sake. These DRS and Pirellis and KERS were exactly what F1 needed. Now we just need v12 engines with plus 1000 horsepower and stickshift sequential gearbox's and we are set.
I can see the good in every track

" oh god i hate valencia and spain such s*** tracks"

ITS. THE. CARS.

Its never the tracks that make racing s***, Pirelli's DRS and KERS are natures way of sorting out the problems with the cars and now the tracks can get on with doing what theyve always wanted to.

How some people can see the type of racing we''ve had all season so far, including a total whopper at usual flop china, and still be so ignorant coming to each track based on its history of racing. All tracks now have the potential for a great race, all of them. Catalunya put on a good race for gods sake. These DRS and Pirellis and KERS were exactly what F1 needed. Now we just need v12 engines with plus 1000 horsepower and stickshift sequential gearbox's and we are set.

I agree with everything you've said. :yes:

Of course, the DRS and Pirelli's and KERS have contributed massively to better racing this year. I think that Catalunya is a dive, but even that circuit gave us an amazing race this year. It just shows...... make the cars good, and the races will be good. 8-)
By Big Azza
I voted other and selected Suzuka. Suzuka is such a lengthy track with a wide variety of challenging corners and sections. It was my favourite track before watching Formula One because it was on Gran Turismo! :thumbup:

Different sections of the track benefit different cars, and I would honestly love to see the teams test at Suzuka each year but they don't test outside of Europe. :(

Typically Japan produces some very good tracks. From Suzuka, to Aida, to Tsukuba, Motegi, and even Fuji was unique in some certain aspects... :thumbup:

I wonder if there is any Japanese Touring Car Championship. If there is I might start watching it....

Other than Suzuka, my next favvourite tracks are Spa and Catalunya.
By vlad
Fantastic track! It should remain as the last one, the title decision must be there! ;)
Fantastic track! It should remain as the last one, the title decision must be there! ;)

I've actually got used to Interlagos being one of the last nowadays. It's given us some crackers when the title is being decided.
Dont know if there is a thread already out there that is similar if so please just ignore this...but i was wondering what everyones perfect season would be Circuit wise?!?! basically what races do you enjoy the most and which do you find should be gotten rid of (and which tracks you think should replaces them)

See our F1 related articles too!