2%
Silverstone
4%
Turkey
6%
Other
16%
By texasmr2
No I meant the original circuit which was called the Österreichring and used between 1970 and 1987.
532PX-~1.PNG

The A1 circuit rendition was used between 1997 and 2003.
532PX-~1.PNG

The track was then closed and demolished, bought by Red Bull's Dietrich Mateschitz. Renamed the Red Bull Ring the track will be rebuilt and reopened for 2011, when it will host a round of the 2011 DTM season.

:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Amanda
I've just realised that the Nurburgring isn't on the list, I love that one just for the history. It's just a shame it was so dangerous, but I guess that was part of the thrill.

[youtube]SvdMiB2nAKg[/youtube]
i voted for monaco for glamour, beauty,challenge :cloud9: but others include silverstone,spa, monza :cloud9:
By FRAFPDD
i voted for monaco for glamour, beauty,challenge :cloud9: but others include silverstone,spa, monza :cloud9:

:yes: Its the old cliche isnt it, if you say otherwise then your a fool. Spa the greatest track, but a lot of what makes Spa the greatest in mosts eyes is one corner and an ardenne forest background, the hockenheim of old wasnt technically dissimiliar to a lot fo tracks but hey guess what, a part of it ran right through a forest. Its the same reason i find it weird when people say silverstone, because the best tracks have undulation, but silvy is flat as a pancake surrounded only by stands and a lot of run off. In terms of all this criteria combined Monaco takes it for me, i love everything F1 even free practice Bahrain, but theres nothing liek watching any footage be it onboard or static cameras of a F1 car navigate Monaco, i mean the idea is just ludicrous! Look how tight it is and how safety conscioues people are nowadays and your letting TWENTY FOUR people RACE these super machines around sets of streets. Gotta be Monaco.

:yes: Its the old cliche isnt it, if you say otherwise then your a fool. Spa the greatest track, but a lot of what makes Spa the greatest in mosts eyes is one corner and an ardenne forest background, the hockenheim of old wasnt technically dissimiliar to a lot fo tracks but hey guess what, a part of it ran right through a forest. Its the same reason i find it weird when people say silverstone, because the best tracks have undulation, but silvy is flat as a pancake surrounded only by stands and a lot of run off. In terms of all this criteria combined Monaco takes it for me, i love everything F1 even free practice Bahrain, but theres nothing liek watching any footage be it onboard or static cameras of a F1 car navigate Monaco, i mean the idea is just ludicrous! Look how tight it is and how safety conscioues people are nowadays and your letting TWENTY FOUR people RACE these super machines around sets of streets. Gotta be Monaco.

and if i won there, id certainly be enjoying all the champaynge on offer to be fair! :hehe:
Favourite all time circuits;

* Monza
* Spa-Francorchamps
* A1 Ring
* Monaco
* Imola
* Montreal
* Interlagos

:drink:
Favourite all time circuits;

* Monza
* Spa-Francorchamps
* A1 Ring
* Monaco
* Imola
* Montreal
* Interlagos

:drink:

good choices those

I do wish they'd bring back the A1 Ring! (As unlikely an occurrence as it'll be at the moment). But it was an awesome circuit, with a stunning backdrop... :eek:

I do wish they'd bring back the A1 Ring! (As unlikely an occurrence as it'll be at the moment). But it was an awesome circuit, with a stunning backdrop... :eek:

i seen an onboard lap once on youtube, looks stunning, shame that the old blasts through the trees at hockeimheim was taken out too
Those blasts at Hockenheim were great for overtaking. A bit like Monza. Now there's a fine circuit. 8-)
By texasmr2

Yes yes it was and it is sadly missed!
[youtube]KxUXpnGI648[/youtube]

i seen an onboard lap once on youtube, looks stunning, shame that the old blasts through the trees at hockeimheim was taken out too

:yes:
[youtube]6GZ6-pGj1-Y[/youtube]
Those blasts at Hockenheim were great for overtaking. A bit like Monza. Now there's a fine circuit. 8-)

oh yes :)

See our F1 related articles too!