No votes
0%
Kobayashi
11%
Other - please state!
No votes
0%
By scotty
Who do you think it is? Reasons are welcome for the sake of discussion! :)

I vote Kubica, because he really did outperform the car all season.

I also have to give massive tribute to Heikki Kovalainen here, for me he did a brilliant job this season which went mostly unnoticed (for obvious reasons i guess).
By scotty
Massa at number 8, come on! :rofl:

I did consider putting Barrichello in my list over Sutil but apart from the race in Korea, Sutil has been much improved imo.
By Denthúl
Who do you think it is? Reasons are welcome for the sake of discussion! :)

I vote Kubica, because he really did outperform the car all season.

I also have to give massive tribute to Heikki Kovalainen here, for me he did a brilliant job this season which went mostly unnoticed (for obvious reasons i guess).

Pretty much agree with everything you've said there, on both drivers. Kubica has really been impressive, always pushing the car but never really too far. His Monaco performance was stunning. If not for the Red Bull's huge advantage, he'd probably have put it on pole.

I also thing it's worth mentioning just how well Nico Rosberg did this season. Very fast, very consistent. Definitely showing himself to be a future contender now, leaving Williams seems to have changed him a little.
By Big Azza
Well - I thought I'd be the only one who voted Vettel - turns out I'm not.

It was a close call between him and Alonso tbh. But if only he didn't have those mechanical failures. The more I read into his mistakes the more I see they weren't completely his fault.

Turkey - he was expecting Mark to give way, Hungary - radio failed, Belgium - Front wing failed. (in many people's opinions)

Turkey and Hungary he looked certain to win, combined with Bahrain and Korean (engine failure), Australia (brakes), China (strategy), Catalunya (pit stop, brakes), Silverstone (puncture). So that's 8 wins I count lost.

Vettel has issues with complacency. And he's needs to pay attention a bit more. Particularly when overtaking. He dominated at least 13 GPs and only walked away 5 victories.
It's tough with only one vote, and I considered Kubica but I gave it to Rosberg because we already voted for Kobayashi as rookie of the year.

Kubica was consistent and drove the car to it's potential every time but he needs to deliver more in qualifying. Rosberg had a world of pressure on him, and he not only was just as consistent but did it admirably under that pressure without complaint.
By myownalias
And the myownalias vote goes to... GERMANY!

Nico Rosberg has done brilliantly in a car that was somewhat off the pace, comprehensively outperforming the car and a seven time world champion!

A mention has to go to the 2010 world champion, he never gave up on the title and put in the performances when it counted, he isn't the best driver of the season for me because he had the best car and really should have had the title won much earlier, by failing to convert many of his pole positions into race wins and too many silly mistakes!
By Jack Master
For me the best 2010 drivers are Alonso, Vettel and Rosberg in this order.
Alonso has had a poor first half, he made too many mistakes, but it was his first year in a new team and despite that, he has absolutely outperformed his team mate Massa. At the end of the season, under maximum pressure I think he has made a fantastic job giving his best and failing to win the title for an inch. I think he’s fast, mentally strong and a great leader for his team.
Vettel has won the WDC, I’ve placed him second because he had the best car, but I think he’s very fast and self-confident. He has performed very well at the last races. I don’t know what his capability of leadership is, but he’s still very young and he can become even better than he is.
Rosberg has absolutely outperformed his team mate. He`s fast and very solid. I think that with a better car he could perfectly become WDC in a near future.
I also like Kubica and Kobayashi and I think they deserve an opportunity in a better team. Webber has showed he’s a great driver as well.
About Hamilton, I think he’s one of the fastest drivers, but he usually fails at the end of the season. I hope he will improve that with the years. Button has performed better than expected for me.
By Robert12010
I voted for lewis hamilton,he's a quality driver,fast and continues to show absolute commitment to every time he steps in the mclaren!, but other votes would go to button,vettel and webber
By texasmr2
Rosberg

Dominated his team mate and it was fun to see it all season long

Would that be simply because your a Rosberg fan (I am aswell :wink: ) or just another......? Hey I'm just asking so don't flame me :wink: .
By Hammer278
If not for Lewis' brain fade in Monza, he's had the perfect season as far as I'm concerned. If the tyre had held up for one more lap in Spain...Lewis would be World Champ in 3rd best car. :D
By FRAFPDD
If not for Lewis' brain fade in Monza, he's had the perfect season as far as I'm concerned. If the tyre had held up for one more lap in Spain...Lewis would be World Champ in 3rd best car. :D

As a Lewis Hamilton fan, we can say that for a lot of drivers, best man of the season won really, vettel maanged to never lead but was always there, car ironically won him the wdc and let him down at the same time.

Lewis' mistake in Monza really was so amateurish that it counts imo for about 3 mistakes that cost you say, a 2nd to fourth place or 1st to third. I love him for how he pushes always and under any circumstance, but that isnt pushing it was getting your wheel clipped by a car. First half of the season is undeniably Lewis imo, second half undeniably Alonso, but Vettel had a good eseason all season bar two mistakes, but he had much more bad luck then mistakes and still won.

That said i dont think Vettel is anywhere close to a top driver yet, hes fast,but not the fastest, alonso and hamilton have what he has AND more.IMO.

See our F1 related articles too!