FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What should/would MW do and what would YOU do?

1.a MW should let SV by again - it's only fair.
14%
1.b MW should continue on his merry ways to the championship - that's racing: screw SV and screw RB!
32%
2.a MW WOULD return the favor and let SV by (while muttering in his deepest Aussie accent something we don't wanna know).
5%
2.b MW would NOT yield position (and maybe claim he didn't know/hear about FA's misfortune).
18%
3.a I would do the right thing and give up the lead since SV only did it to ensure the title for RB with the threat of FA taking it.
9%
3.b I would NOT let SV by - I deserve the title as much as him (or more) plus I hate his finger.
23%
To beat a dead horse again, here's the dreaded scenario: SV leads MW with FA in third. At the beginning of the last lap SV decides (as formally announced here) to let MW by so that the title would go to RB rather than to Ferrari. Hence, MW leads SV and FA. Half a lap before the checkered flag the 'unthinkable' :P happens and FA's engine goes kablamo!!!
What should MW do? What do you think he WOULD do? And what would YOU do in his shoes?
Please select one answer for each of the three pairs of poll options, thus answer 3 times in total.
No idea but Horner should arrange two sepesrate end of season Red Bull parties.

As was pointed out when I suggested a scenario along those lines it's likely Vettel wouldn't give the position to Webber until the final lap. I suppose if you had the situation where Vettel was holding Webber up slightly with someone else catching up Red Bull might call for the switch earlier but then you couldn't expect Webber to give the position back if something happened to Alonso.
I would say that RB will leave it to the drivers to battle it out.End of the day they have what they really want ,the constructers title.The only time I think team orders will come into play is if the drivers need to swap places to stop Alonso winning it.Something that i can't see them failing to do anyway.
I think Mark would give it back. Its the just thing to do.

Webber doesn't have much time left. This may be his one shot.. Vettel on the other hand... If not now then eventually..

does he really want to win one in such a way? It would be more tainted than if Alonso wins it be less than 7.
I think Mark would give it back. Its the just thing to do.

Webber doesn't have much time left. This may be his one shot.. Vettel on the other hand... If not now then eventually..

does he really want to win one in such a way? It would be more tainted than if Alonso wins it be less than 7.

Tainted? Get real thats just another 'armchair warrior' excuse. Show me a driver past or present who gives a crap how they won a WDC, either it be by race win's, points or finishing order etc etc??
armchair warrior wtf? im not even sitting in an armchair! Yes tainted, Mark winning in such a way would be a farse. He would earn more respect for giving it back than taking it and run to the race win and title.
Well if he wins the WDC I don't forsee you saying it was tainted in any way and your new avatar pic will prove me right. I just don't get this 'tainted' nonsense but I guess thats what seperates us purest from the rest of the pack?

Not having a go at you personaly mate just seeing things in a diiferent way :wink: .

Please excuse the 'armchair warrior' analogy I know you are not one :) .
Vettel leading gives Mark P1 ONLY because he cannot win it himself because Alonso is in P3. But then BOOM Ferrari smoke. Now if Vettel stayed in P1 he would be champion! I think Mark would do the right thing and give it back to Vettel. If you cant see how winning in that way would be tainted and that makes me a non purist then so be it. Id rather not be a purist in that case.
If you cant see how winning in that way would be tainted and that makes me a non purist then so be it. Id rather not be a purist in that case.

Yet isn't that just your opinion which holds no weight or water in the WDC?? I think, yah I know thinking gets me in trouble :hehe: , that we should all just be happy with the outcome, it's F1 man and all we can do is sitback and enjoy the fight. Some want to analize this and that yada yada yada but all I need to form my opinion is by watching the races.
If you cant see how winning in that way would be tainted and that makes me a non purist then so be it. Id rather not be a purist in that case.

Yet isn't that just your opinion which holds no weight or water in the WDC?? I think, yah I know thinking gets me in trouble :hehe: , that we should all just be happy with the outcome, it's F1 man and all we can do is sitback and enjoy the fight. Some want to analize this and that yada yada yada but all I need to form my opinion is by watching the races.

Of course, but see this is a forum where we just voice our opinions, because they have no weighting on the WDC. I find it amusing (sorry Tex to single you out) that people think that because we write our opinions on this site means we expect ours is right.

And if we had the approach - "why bother having opinion - just watch the race" then we wouldn't be on this site. This is fans voicing their opinions because they need a place to vent. If we expected our opinion to have a weighting on the WDC, we'd be emailing Bernie rather than wasting our time here. Got it? :wavey::wink:

And if you expected your opinion to always be right you'd - *head explodes*
Thing is I never or try not to express my opinion as if it is FACT :wink: , try the 'search' option and you will find it to be true.

Ok lets start over, you'r all F'ing wrong and truelly have 'gone fishing' and I do not know why you constantly argue with me as I am GOD and what I say shall not be questioned!!!!!

More appropriate??? :rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!