FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What's your stance re Lewis Hamilton?

Love him - he's my favourite driver
45%
I support him, but I prefer other driver(s)
14%
I admire his skill, but I don't like him
25%
Indifferent
4%
Mild dislike
2%
Hate him!
10%
When you go out of your way to take a cheap shot and then react against anyone doing the same by calling them a McLaren/Lewis biased fanboy is more than just "fun".

I'd respect you much more if you were genuine about it.

That's the problem.. its much less OUT OF MY WAY to take a cheap shot than it is to say something overwhelmingly serious about some things...... i dont call people fanboys by the way.
I really dont mind fanboys, i think its fun and everyone's entitled their choice for support and their own reasons for their support.

But if you're going to be supportive and say stupid stuff like "xx guy makes no mistakes" or "xx would destroy anyone" "look how he destroyed yy"... then prepare to be cheap shot, because the only guy i've ever seen destroying anybody was Schumacher in the dominance era.

You've just done exactly what you acuse others of doing. Prepare to have cheap shots taken at you
:blaster:

People in glass house's should not throw stones, where would we sleep?
When you go out of your way to take a cheap shot and then react against anyone doing the same by calling them a McLaren/Lewis biased fanboy is more than just "fun".

That's the problem.. its much less OUT OF MY WAY to take a cheap shot than it is to say something overwhelmingly serious about some things...... i dont call people fanboys by the way.
I really dont mind fanboys, i think its fun and everyone's entitled their choice for support and their own reasons for their support.

But if you're going to be supportive and say stupid stuff like "xx guy makes no mistakes" or "xx would destroy anyone" "look how he destroyed yy"... then prepare to be cheap shot, because the only guy i've ever seen destroying anybody was Schumacher in the dominance era.

You've just done exactly what you acuse others of doing. Prepare to have cheap shots taken at you

I think DD will be able to accommodate us :yikes:
Standards/rules have to be applied consistently otherwise they're pointless, when they play against us, they hurt and we don't like them, when they play for us we love and support them. I've chosen to measure with the same yard stick even when it's inconvenient..

You win some you lose some, but there is consistency and it hurts sometimes, it also makes it very easy to see when someone it not using the same yardstick.

I'm warning you, sometimes I sleep naked.
Standards/rules have to be applied consistently otherwise they're pointless, when they play against us, they hurt and we don't like them, when they play for us we love and support them. I've chosen to measure with the same yard stick even when it's inconvenient..

You win some you lose some, but there is consistency and it hurts sometimes, it also makes it very easy to see when someone it not using the same yardstick.

Do you mind me asking, what the hell are you on about? I can only link that to the argument over Ferrari being punished for team orders, but the thread didn't seem to be discussing that?

: confused:

I'm warning you, sometimes I sleep naked.

It's not your sleeping habits I'm worried about. :whip:

hmmm and what is that?? if you please explain...
:confused:

Oh, and i dont mind being cheat shot at... as long as its not as silly as taking something i say and twisting it on purpose for a completely different meaning... i dont mind at all.
I wonder if Lewis is privy to our shenanigans and would RSVP DD's exclusive hideaway? :hehe:

I dunno how it works but if you were a driver (any driver) could you be bothered with what goes on around here? Perhaps a member of a team would have a nose around for a giggle.
If there was an I love him and I think he's the greatest talent in F1 since Senna the box would likely also remain unchecked just like the I hate him box is because you know... people tend not to like affirming their extremism either way.

Nope, it's just that the poll doesn't allow my opinion - a complete and total tool and a proven lying cheat, but nevertheless a truly top quality driver.
If there was an I love him and I think he's the greatest talent in F1 since Senna the box would likely also remain unchecked just like the I hate him box is because you know... people tend not to like affirming their extremism either way.

Nope, it's just that the poll doesn't allow my opinion - a complete and total tool and a proven lying cheat, but nevertheless a truly top quality driver.

That's actually one of the options, just not in so many words.

Nope - i really don't like Hamilton, not just a dislike as in the poll (i already selected the option you refer to). It's not an outright blind hatred though, as i can reason my opinion. Also i was making a point about how people supposedly "tend not to like affirming their extremism either way".

Nope - i really don't like Hamilton, not just a dislike as in the poll (i already selected the option you refer to). It's not an outright blind hatred though, as i can reason my opinion. Also i was making a point about how people supposedly "tend not to like affirming their extremism either way".

I don't thing the 'hate him' option in any way implies blind or irrational dislike.

So then you did choose the right option, but it sounds like it took some rationalizing. I mean for me to justify blind hatred, someone would have to be eating infants or something like that.

See our F1 related articles too!