FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What's your stance re Lewis Hamilton?

Love him - he's my favourite driver
45%
I support him, but I prefer other driver(s)
14%
I admire his skill, but I don't like him
25%
Indifferent
4%
Mild dislike
2%
Hate him!
10%
If McLaren drop down severely in their competitiveness and Lewis's judges it'd be longer than his career before they can produce a championship competing competing car, I think he'll
leave.Other than that, he's so well integrated into the team he's got no problems.
Would he ever drive for Ferrari...
Why not? but i can bet Ferrari would not hire him anytime soon. Like i said, he still needs some growing up to do. Ferrari dont hire kids ;)

Felipe Massa was 25 when he won his first race for Ferrari. You're being too kind.

I'm joking.

Here's a poll, must hypocrisy be a prerequisite for a Tifosi?

A: yes
B: Well Ferrari can do no wrong, so No.

I've got a better one:
Mclaren fans are hypocrites. They have a custom made moral standard.

oh that's not a poll. Just a statment... :)
Would he ever drive for Ferrari...
Why not? but i can bet Ferrari would not hire him anytime soon. Like i said, he still needs some growing up to do. Ferrari dont hire kids ;)

Felipe Massa was 25 when he won his first race for Ferrari. You're being too kind.

I'm joking.

Here's a poll, must hypocrisy be a prerequisite for a Tifosi?

A: yes
B: Well Ferrari can do no wrong, so No.

I've got a better one:

oh that's not a poll. Just a statment... :)

No you're not joking that's the modus operandi... never admit to being wrong.
Definitely I do not see him leaving anytime soon. Ron has completed 3/4's of his 'hat trick' the other 1/4 being a perfect teammate for Lewis, one who can still win races on their own merit, such as Button but I feel the tides may be turning sooner rather than later.

I've got a better one:

oh that's not a poll. Just a statement... :)

:hehe::clap:

Did you miss the smilile after the sentence?
You are again putting meaning into what I say in order to get accross an idea. I'd say THAT's the modus operandi.
If McLaren drop down severely in their competitiveness and Lewis's judges it'd be longer than his career before they can produce a championship competing competing car, I think he'll
leave.Other than that, he's so well integrated into the team he's got no problems.

I think McLaren would have to take a massive dive in performance but basically yes Id agree with you.

Did you miss the smilile after the sentence?
You are again putting meaning into what I say in order to get accross an idea. I'd say THAT's the modus operandi.

Why say something that's obviously wrong then? The meaning is there I don't have to put it in... otherwise why say it? Just kidding fixes everything...The smiley face is just the lubricant to get a cheap shot in. You're more subtle at it than Spanky, but you're doing the same thing and you hate it when you're called out on it.

BTW, I'm a Williams fan, and I think Lewis is the most exiting driver on the grid which I've often said, and never put a just kidding behind any of my statements. I'm simply very keen to point out the inconsistent logic in your (meaning Ferrari fanboys) justification of things. Making your statements more subtle is just the :ky: but it's no different than the McLanren fanboys you're chastising.

You like to have things both ways and I understand where you're coming from, having your own opinion is great, but you can't make up your own facts.
My vote would be: I recognise he has some skills, but i still think he needs some major growth and development left. He is a nice guy and got dealt a man's job right off the bat. Considering his age, he did very well despite some understandable little issues. I think his fans are much more annoying than he is.

Just add "and he sometimes frustrates the hell out of me" and that's perfect.
My vote would be: I recognise he has some skills, but i still think he needs some major growth and development left. He is a nice guy and got dealt a man's job right off the bat. Considering his age, he did very well despite some understandable little issues. I think his fans are much more annoying than he is.

Hmmm I think he's frustrated himself more than he has frustrated me. He's tanked his championships and almost tanked the one he did get, which he got by a late minute fortune AND when his teammate conceded position (sure, i agree the Spa victory was stolen but thats another issue)... so, frustrate me? not really.

Why say something that's obviously wrong then? The meaning is there I don't have to put it in... otherwise why say it? Just kidding fixes everything...The smiley face is just the lubricant to get a cheap shot in. You're more subtle at it than Spanky, but you're doing the same thing and you hate it when you're called out on it.

Cheap shots are fun. I dont mind being called up on anything, i do mind people taking stuff i say and divert its meaning just to get accross some random statement. Such as:

BTW, I'm a Williams fan, and I think Lewis is the most exiting driver on the grid which I've often said, and never put a just kidding behind any of my statements. I'm simply very keen to point out the inconsistent logic in your (meaning Ferrari fanboys) justification of things. Making your statements more subtle is just the but it's no different than the McLanren fanboys you're chastising.

You could have said all that as a stand alone statement. But you chose to extrapolate from mine in order to get your thoughts accross... the fact you've never put a just kidding after your statements means nothing torwards having inconsistent logic in my statements. I make my statements and take them as seriously as I please. After all, i'm not a team boss and i dont earn my living out of this. Maybe if i did, or if someone paid me to, i'd make less subtle statements... but until then........ i think its my choice.

Hmmm I think he's frustrated himself more than he has frustrated me. He's tanked his championships and almost tanked the one he did get, which he got by a late minute fortune AND when his teammate conceded position (sure, i agree the Spa victory was stolen but thats another issue)... so, frustrate me? not really.

Cheap shots are fun. I dont mind being called up on anything, i do mind people taking stuff i say and divert its meaning just to get accross some random statement. Such as:

BTW, I'm a Williams fan, and I think Lewis is the most exiting driver on the grid which I've often said, and never put a just kidding behind any of my statements. I'm simply very keen to point out the inconsistent logic in your (meaning Ferrari fanboys) justification of things. Making your statements more subtle is just the but it's no different than the McLanren fanboys you're chastising.

You could have said all that as a stand alone statement. But you chose to extrapolate from mine in order to get your thoughts accross... the fact you've never put a just kidding after your statements means nothing torwards having inconsistent logic in my statements. I make my statements and take them as seriously as I please. After all, i'm not a team boss and i dont earn my living out of this. Maybe if i did, or if someone paid me to, i'd make less subtle statements... but until then........ i think its my choice.

When you go out of your way to take a cheap shot and then react against anyone doing the same by calling them a McLaren/Lewis biased fanboy is more than just "fun".

I'd respect you much more if you were genuine about it.
When you go out of your way to take a cheap shot and then react against anyone doing the same by calling them a McLaren/Lewis biased fanboy is more than just "fun".

That's the problem.. its much less OUT OF MY WAY to take a cheap shot than it is to say something overwhelmingly serious about some things...... i dont call people fanboys by the way.
I really dont mind fanboys, i think its fun and everyone's entitled their choice for support and their own reasons for their support.

But if you're going to be supportive and say stupid stuff like "xx guy makes no mistakes" or "xx would destroy anyone" "look how he destroyed yy"... then prepare to be cheap shot, because the only guy i've ever seen destroying anybody was Schumacher in the dominance era.
Whoa, whoa - no fighting in my poll. Just vote and leave, people, vote and leave...

hehe
There hasnt been any fighting...

But yeah... i'll vote and leave. Move on... nothing to see here.......
the more recent more complete / calmer ( up until the last few races ) lewis Hamilton has been much much easier to like, and i would count myself as a fan of his more than i would have before, and i definitely admire his talent and "senna esc" quality's .

That's the problem.. its much less OUT OF MY WAY to take a cheap shot than it is to say something overwhelmingly serious about some things...... i dont call people fanboys by the way.
I really dont mind fanboys, i think its fun and everyone's entitled their choice for support and their own reasons for their support.

But if you're going to be supportive and say stupid stuff like "xx guy makes no mistakes" or "xx would destroy anyone" "look how he destroyed yy"... then prepare to be cheap shot, because the only guy i've ever seen destroying anybody was Schumacher in the dominance era.

You've just done exactly what you acuse others of doing. Prepare to have cheap shots taken at you
:blaster:

See our F1 related articles too!