I am Spanish/Italian and I support Fernando Alonso
5%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support another spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support a non-spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am none of the nationalities above, but I support a driver that is from my country/ a neighbouring country/ a country I have a connection with
7%
I am none of the nationalities above, and I support a driver from a country that I have no connection with
41%
I don't support any particular driver
16%

:D

Well it's just nice to have someone from your homeland to applaud :yes: That's where the real passion comes from, as well as the support from the sport in itself.

You speak my language also known as my way of thinking very well. Agreed. For a McLaren fan I like you. :D:wavey:

Thank you! For a Ferrari fan, you're great to chat to and I like you too! :thumbup::drink:

Grazie e molto piacere. Thankyou many. Hvala nema na čemu. :D:drink:
I always like to cheer on anyone British, whether it be team or driver. I've always liked to centre the majority of my support behind one particular team, and that has been McLaren, as you all know :)

With regards to other teams, past or present, I also have a great liking for Williams, Lotus (old and new) and Jaguar, and I even went through a phase of liking Toyota! :eek: But McLaren has always been the team I've supported properly, because they're British and successful.

With regards to the drivers, I support the British lads, and anyone who happens to be driving for McLaren. 8-)

Ah blind patriotism! You've got it bad mate. :hehe: I think I am one of the least patriotic people around, or on here at least.

Don't remind me of this poll - it didn't work because people didn't answer the question! I had people saying "I'm british and I support a british driver but it's not cos they're british, so I didn't answer". So I quickly gave up on getting any statistically interesting results at all!

And the forum only allows a maximum of 10 options on the poll. I originally had about 30 options and culled them down. But even if I had infinite options, I don't think I'd have split up british into the constituent parts - seems pointless.

You would have probably got a better result if you'd asked the thread title and have just given a yes and no option. That would have gotten the result you were looking for.
You guys are not alone in the way you think.Hense everyone loves their home grand prix for atmosphere and support.The vast majority do support local/national.I suppose with the likes of the lot over the pond they have no one local so it's tougher for them.
I think Senna is the only person i've ever supported strongly that isn't british.
I have pretty much the same opinion about support,Hense Norwich-local football team,England and McLaren. :hehe:
Yes. Ferrari first because it is Italian. After that anything else Italian, car or driver.

I don't think I've ever seen you wax poetic about Trulli or Liuzzi. :hehe:

Well when I really care about is Ferrari, it is very hard to talk of others who in reality, Italian or not, are not much to me when it is Ferrari in the picture. (sorry that makes not the best sense, but you know me and know I struggle to express myself using the English language. I could always say it in Spanish if you like. Much easier as you already know) :hehe:

Btw if Porsche ever enters F1, it will be my second team and supported with passion similar to that of Ferrari. I love Porsche. I want that 911 soooooooo badly.

You know I'm just teasing your tifosa, and you're not showing that much struggle with English, at least not when stirring the pot. Just keep the cursing to a bare minimum will you? So when do you leave for Italy or are you already there?

:D

Well it's just nice to have someone from your homeland to applaud :yes: That's where the real passion comes from, as well as the support from the sport in itself.

You speak my language also known as my way of thinking very well. Agreed. For a McLaren fan I like you. :D:wavey:

Thank you! For a Ferrari fan, you're great to chat to and I like you too! :thumbup::drink:

:getaroom:

You know I'm just teasing your tifosa, and you're not showing that much struggle with English, at least not when stirring the pot. Just keep the cursing to a bare minimum will you? So when do you leave for Italy or are you already there?

Haven't left yet. Will leave either later today or early tomorrow. All depends if I go to Monza or not or if I only go to Udine and watch race on big tv with friends at the usual friends place. It will probably be the latter as we've left it a bit late and there is going to be a whole lot of traffic near the circuit. Either way it's going to be a busy f1 weekend for me.
Ah blind patriotism! You've got it bad mate. :hehe: I think I am one of the least patriotic people around, or on here at least.

I don't know, am British, love Schumacher and the Hungarian grand prix, and I think Silverstone is over rated.
This is a summary of my passions in F1:

* I'm British
* I support McLaren first and foremost 8-)
* Other teams I like are Williams and Tony Fernandes' team (Lotus, Caterham, or whatever)
* My favourite circuit is Monza
* Favourite drivers are Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Paul Di Resta, Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Nico Rosberg, Bruno Senna and Rubens Barrichello

So with me, it's not just "blind patriotism". :thumbup:
Why no options for I am British and support Mclaren or Williams or perhaps I am Italian and support Ferrari.

:yes:

Aye, some of us do support the teams you know!! :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!