I am Spanish/Italian and I support Fernando Alonso
5%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support another spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am Spanish/Italian and I support a non-spanish/italian driver
No votes
0%
I am none of the nationalities above, but I support a driver that is from my country/ a neighbouring country/ a country I have a connection with
7%
I am none of the nationalities above, and I support a driver from a country that I have no connection with
41%
I don't support any particular driver
16%
In my case nationality impacts nothing at all...
I'm Italian and I never supported an Italian driver.

Lets be honest since 1950's theyve been absolutely dire :wink:

It does impact me, love to have someone i can say, yeah im British and he is too and looks what hes achieved, plus i believe our country is the worlds greatest :wink: and so i love everyone who is a beacon for it, Lewis, Jenson, everyone.

But i also love Kobayashi and Prost, French and Japanese.
Being Scottish, there hasn't been anyone to support for a while but for me nationality means squat. I've supported Vettel since he appeared in F1. Also support Schumacher and Massa and was brought up in a home that supported Alain Prost. I support someone for doing something well and keeping both feet firmly on the ground, not just because they are from a province that neighbours Scotland.

As for the poll, why is Britain not split into Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales and yon wee backwater in the South? There have been drivers from all these locations.
Don't remind me of this poll - it didn't work because people didn't answer the question! I had people saying "I'm british and I support a british driver but it's not cos they're british, so I didn't answer". So I quickly gave up on getting any statistically interesting results at all!

And the forum only allows a maximum of 10 options on the poll. I originally had about 30 options and culled them down. But even if I had infinite options, I don't think I'd have split up british into the constituent parts - seems pointless.
why is Britain not split into Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales and yon wee backwater in the South? There have been drivers from all these locations.

She split Ireland up for you at least! but the other 4 are all under the one nation called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland! I think its hard for the actual populous of this nation to understand this than it is for foreigners. Still clinging to 400 year old ways and differences. :hehe:

Its like saying Mark Webber is a New South Welshman so I have no connection with him and cannot like him.
Last edited by bud on 09 Sep 11, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
To be honest, I like most of the teams and drivers. They all seem like decent people (occasional slip-ups notwithstanding); at least more-so than most other sports.

I do find myself rooting for McLaren more often than not in the hopes that the races and season would be a bit more interesting.
Yes. Ferrari first because it is Italian. After that anything else Italian, car or driver.
In my case nationality impacts nothing at all...
I'm Italian and I never supported an Italian driver.

Umm I really hope you don't have this mentality in football as well. I assume you have some support for La Nazionale and/or an Italian club like AC Milan and Juventus for example.
Yes. Ferrari first because it is Italian. After that anything else Italian, car or driver.

I don't think I've ever seen you wax poetic about Trulli or Liuzzi. :hehe:

Well when I really care about is Ferrari, it is very hard to talk of others who in reality, Italian or not, are not much to me when it is Ferrari in the picture. (sorry that makes not the best sense, but you know me and know I struggle to express myself using the English language. I could always say it in Spanish if you like. Much easier as you already know) :hehe:

Btw if Porsche ever enters F1, it will be my second team and supported with passion similar to that of Ferrari. I love Porsche. I want that 911 soooooooo badly.
I always like to cheer on anyone British, whether it be team or driver. I've always liked to centre the majority of my support behind one particular team, and that has been McLaren, as you all know :)

With regards to other teams, past or present, I also have a great liking for Williams, Lotus (old and new) and Jaguar, and I even went through a phase of liking Toyota! :eek: But McLaren has always been the team I've supported properly, because they're British and successful.

With regards to the drivers, I support the British lads, and anyone who happens to be driving for McLaren. 8-)
I always like to cheer on anyone British, whether it be team or driver. I've always liked to centre the majority of my support behind one particular team, and that has been McLaren, as you all know :)

With regards to other teams, past or present, I also have a great liking for Williams, Lotus (old and new) and Jaguar, and I even went through a phase of liking Toyota! :eek: But McLaren has always been the team I've supported properly, because they're British and successful.

With regards to the drivers, I support the British lads, and anyone who happens to be driving for McLaren. 8-)

Well that is very good to know that I am not the only one with this mentality. You think like do. For this I commend you. Well done. Bravo! :thumbup:

Well that is very good to know that I am not the only one with this mentality. You think like do. For this I commend you. Well done. Bravo! :thumbup:

:D

Well it's just nice to have someone from your homeland to applaud :yes: That's where the real passion comes from, as well as the support for the sport in itself.

Well it's just nice to have someone from your homeland to applaud :yes: That's where the real passion comes from, as well as the support from the sport in itself.

You speak my language also known as my way of thinking very well. Agreed. For a McLaren fan I like you. :D:wavey:

Well it's just nice to have someone from your homeland to applaud :yes: That's where the real passion comes from, as well as the support from the sport in itself.

You speak my language also known as my way of thinking very well. Agreed. For a McLaren fan I like you. :D:wavey:

Thank you! For a Ferrari fan, you're great to chat to and I like you too! :thumbup::drink:

See our F1 related articles too!