Vitaly Petrov
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Karun Chandhok
3%
Jaime Alguersuari (it is his 1st full year)
6%
Kamui Kobayashi
76%
Lucas di Grassi
No votes
0%
It's gotta be Kobayashi. The guy has some talent. In the last year we have seen..

- Went toe-to-toe with Button late last season
- Pass Alonso and Buemi in quick succession at Valencia (good strategy to go in late for tires)
- Went from 23rd to 9th in Hungary
- My memory is a little foggy on this one, But I think he also battled against Schumi and won out a few times

I would love to see him in a better car.

:thumbup:
Yeah it has to be kobi.
But I love Chandhock and Petrov and hope they both get drives next year.
Man did Kamui Kobayashi underscore earning this honor yesterday!?

He did the same thing a few races ago; getting upto sixth by staying out longer than anyone else; drop back after the mandatory pitstop and claw his way back upto seventh. It really makes me wonder what he could do with a better car like a McLaren, Ferrari or Red Bull!
Hey it has been less than a year since Kobi started. Right?

Look it's Kobayashi by far, and he has really proven to everyone that he is consistent, and I'd now rate him in the top 5 most "talented" drivers on the grid.

Hmmm... Hamilton, Kubica, Vettel, then Kobayashi. :thumbup:
Kamui Kobayashi by a country mile... work needed on his qualifying but I love his attitude and his driving style, often driving from near the back to a solid points finish!

I totally agree with this, I love Kobayashi, He's the most exciting driver on the field this season by far, it's just a pleasure to some new making such a big impression of the field!

I have to say that I really love Chandhok, I think he's such a likeable guy and has been great doing interviews with the BBC but on track also he's done a good job for HRT considering their car is the worst on the grid but he's just behind the lotus, above both Virgins and (ex) team mate Senna.

Also I agree with Hulkenberg being disappointing, he's done an good job for a rookie year but from the hype about him pre-season I was expecting fireworks - next Lewis Hamilton type of guy which he is certainly not, maybe that's not his fault that he had so much hype? I didn't watch him in gp2 so I don't know about him before this season but still I was expecting more from this young chap but overall he's done a good job I guess.
I'm gonna put a word in for Alguersuari. I don't think he's been better than Kobayashi, but he's done a pretty decent job. Toro Rosso brought him into F1 far to early, so he's starting at a disadvantage there, but he's progressed quite well this season, and has outqualified Buemi for 7 of the last 9 races. I hope he gats another year or two at Toro Rosso, and if he continues to improve, then gets a chance at Red Bull.

Di Grassi has been my biggest disappointment this year, but he and Senna have had very difficult jobs at new teams. I think he's better than we've seen.
I hadn't voted on this yet - went for Hulk on the basis of the pole in Brasil, otherwise it would probably be Kobay.
Kobayashi has done some mistakes but that is expected for your first season but he has been really good and consistant for points finished if he went to a better team I am sure he could be a future champion some day.
Hulkenberg turned this into an interesting discussion near the end of the season. I was very happy for his pole, but that had more to do with the conditions and car set up than anything else.

In the end, F1 doesn't award anything for pole positions, everything is decided on Sundays and the WDC is decided on points. Kobayashi outscored him nearly 2 to 1 in an inferior car. he also outscored Petrov even though his car was head and shoulders better than the Sauber.
I would say that kobayashi has been the best rookie over the whole season,then i would say hulkenburg in second place
I'm stuck between Kobayashi and Hulkenberg. Both were excellent.

I really hope Hulkenberg makes it back to F1 soon. Hopefully next season?

See our F1 related articles too!