Vitaly Petrov
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Karun Chandhok
3%
Jaime Alguersuari (it is his 1st full year)
6%
Kamui Kobayashi
76%
Lucas di Grassi
No votes
0%
I think the hulk has disappointed me the most.

Maybe your expectations we too high? I think he's done just fine but it's a cut throat environment where even Jaime Alguersuari is still a rookie and we kind of sort of consider him a driver that's been around the block... now one full lap around the block.
Kamui's not really a rookie and the Sauber's a lot better then de la Rosa makes it look. Karun Chandhok is the guy whose impressed me the most out of this lot. Very consistent withat HRT, and a very mature, likable driver. Replacing him with Yamamoto is a bit like replacing Button with Sato.
Kamui's not really a rookie and the Sauber's a lot better then de la Rosa makes it look. Karun Chandhok is the guy whose impressed me the most out of this lot. Very consistent withat HRT, and a very mature, likable driver. Replacing him with Yamamoto is a bit like replacing Button with Sato.

Why is Kobayashi not a rookie? It's his first full season in F1.

You answered your own question.

But to clarify I said he's not really a rookie, not he's absolutely not a rookie. I'm just saying he had a headstart.

Edit: i should say, the same applies to an even greater extent to Alguersuari, but he's rubbish anyway.

He only had two races, he's practically a rookie.

He only had two races, he's practically a rookie.

Like I said, he still had a headstart on the rest. Equally, Jaime had a headstart on him and Jaime is clearly not as good as Kamui. I'm not suggesting they be removed from the list, I'm explaining my thought process on judging them.
In sports, the definition of a rookie is a first year player and the label carries over to the next year season if the player (driver in this case) did not participate in a substantial percentage of that yet.

Kamui Kobayashi is a rookie.
In sports, the definition of a rookie is a first year player and the label carries over to the next year season if the player (driver in this case) did not participate in a substantial percentage of that yet.

Which would be a really useful piece of input if I hadn't already said I didn't think they should be removed from the list and was just clarifying why I was less impressed.

Which would be a really useful piece of input if I hadn't already said I didn't think they should be removed from the list and was just clarifying why I was less impressed.

You'd make good politician. You devoted a whole post saying why you felt he wasn't "really" a rookie. You're allowed your own opinion on why Chandhok gets your vote, but you're not allowed your own facts as to why Kobayashi is not really a rookie.
It's gotta be Kobayashi. The guy has some talent. In the last year we have seen..

- Went toe-to-toe with Button late last season
- Pass Alonso and Buemi in quick succession at Valencia (good strategy to go in late for tires)
- Went from 23rd to 9th in Hungary
- My memory is a little foggy on this one, But I think he also battled against Schumi and won out a few times

I would love to see him in a better car.

See our F1 related articles too!