Vitaly Petrov
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Karun Chandhok
3%
Jaime Alguersuari (it is his 1st full year)
6%
Kamui Kobayashi
76%
Lucas di Grassi
No votes
0%
My candidate nomination is Kamui Kobayashi.

Given the car Sauber had in the beginning of the season and the Swiss cheese reliability of the Ferrari engines, he's not only performed admirably, but has been able to "RACE" with the big boys and has shown he can overtake. I wish him a successful and fruitful career in F1.

The only other contender to consider would be Petrov, but he's been less, considerably less consistent and has has a superior car (when compared to the Sauber) under him all year long.
Last edited by What's Burning? on 30 Aug 10, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Kamui Kobayashi by a country mile... work needed on his qualifying but I love his attitude and his driving style, often driving from near the back to a solid points finish!
Let's change the title to "Kamui Kobayashi, rookie of the year?!?!" - Petrov has made far too many mistakes to be classed as rookie of the year IMO!
Let's change the title to "Kamui Kobayashi, rookie of the year?!?!" - Petrov has made far too many mistakes to be classed as rookie of the year IMO!

I wanted to keep a "spirit" of discussion. :D
Kamui has most points and Renault is better than Sauber in practically every aspect. Award goes to Kamui even though I was expecting a bit more from him - too many mistakes.
I have added a poll.

Nico Hülkenberg - Finally coming to terms with Rubens
Vitaly Petrov - some good and some bad drives
Bruno Senna - the car hides any talent
Karun Chandhok - as Bruno, but not getting a full showing this year
Jaime Alguersuari - lackluster
Kamui Kobayashi - Sato is reborn
Lucas di Grassi - done ok against glock.
Saying Sato is reborn is a bit of an insult to Kamui. Yes, Sato is hugely talented but the guy was as reliable as an old lawnmower stuck in frost!!

Kamui is dead on in reliability, and he's picking up in speed. Hands down rookie of the year for me.
Kobayashi has made some mistakes (Canada) but he's more than balanced them out with some brilliant driving. Petrov has done well too, he's not afraid to mix it up when fighting on track against the best!

I think it'd be unfair to judge rookies in the new teams really.
Another vote for Kobayashi. He was exciting in his few races last season which, I think, got us all a little over excited to see him again. As a result, the beginning of the season was a bit of a disappointment; But as the season has progressed, he's continually improved. He's become fairly consistent and exciting in a less than stellar car and he's considerably ahead of his more experienced team mate.

I find it hard to judge Senna and Chandhok because they've got, by far, the worst car on the grid, which makes it difficult to gauge their performance.

See our F1 related articles too!