15-20yrs
19%
20-25yrs
8%
25-30yrs
4%
more than 30yrs
10%
How did this get turned into another driver debate? zurich_allan your post are just fine imo :wink: . Now back too the topic lady's and gent's, please :) ?

It's better than Alonso V Lewis though, they even ended up holding hands and smiling instead of a blood bath.

Regardless I think we should get back too the subject at hand. :)
How comes its always finished already before the lurkers who obviously kept a keen eye on it decide to act the mediators when its been dead for hours?

We ended up debating that quite naturally aswell, i think the forum should realise you cant keep a thread on a bleeding leash, someone mentions something, then someone comments on that, and then its debated, all the while others should be continuing the oriinial topic if they care so much about the threads purity , or adding to the temporary new one within it. Debate is healthy, and you dont need to create a new thread to cover every single specific event or happening, just let a thread take a natural course and it soon returns to its original form.
Your right they sometimes do naturally get back on course but since this is my thread I thought I would kindly ask, not telling just asking :wink: .
Your right they sometimes do naturally get back on course but since this is my thread I thought I would kindly ask, not telling just asking :wink: .

Ah ok. Sorry for ruining your thread tex! :P

Ah ok. Sorry for ruining your thread tex! :P

You did not ruin anything mate I just wanted to point out to you that when a thread is yours you have the right to try and keep it ontrack thats all. :)
How comes its always finished already before the lurkers who obviously kept a keen eye on it decide to act the mediators when its been dead for hours?

Cos I take the cowardly approach and only stick my head out of the trench once its all over.

Seriously though, I don't like playing moderator, I'll get involved if I am already involved in a discussion or feel I have something to add.

I wasn't mediating anyway, just that tex's mentioning of driver debate brought up something I wanted to note, that driver debates on here are overwhelmingly Alonso V Lewis, and have a lot of anguish on em.
I put 10-15 yrs but it has been on and off... starting in the 90's then off then on again, depending how occupied with other stuff i was. I did watch a lot of races from the early/mid 90's then some in the 00's and so on........

it was VERY different being a "fan" or a follower as now you can have news and cool pics on an hourly basis, people can contact drivers and teams via Twitter etc. Before, when you got a monthly magazine or a weekly newspaper article with some cool pics it was a treasure :)

in any case, i don't mind new fans at all. That's good and the natural way of things, specially the younger fans. Chances are, newer fans will remember even more details from races than me; I watch the races, enjoy it then, and forget about most of it. :)

Don't know who's the greatest ever.... many say Senna was, but i think he was more of a character and legend than the definitive greatest. I don't see it as important or as comparable to know who was the definite greatest.... maybe Schumacher, maybe Senna, maybe Fangio, maybe Villeneuve.......

some bit of rambling there hehe

Cos I take the cowardly approach and only stick my head out of the trench once its all over.

Seriously though, I don't like playing moderator, I'll get involved if I am already involved in a discussion or feel I have something to add.

I wasn't mediating anyway, just that tex's mentioning of driver debate brought up something I wanted to note, that driver debates on here are overwhelmingly Alonso V Lewis, and have a lot of anguish on em.

I thought Prost Vs Senna was perceived to be so rigorously debated in the F1 world, that the true fact is that because everyone believed this, nobody debated it at all! :hehe:

Made a nice change to Alonsovs Hamilton though. Better natured too.
I've only been watching for 1 year and I have several drivers that I would like to see succeed, namely Kamui K and Nico Rosberg. But I am hoping Mark Webber will win the title this year...I can't stand vettel

See our F1 related articles too!