No votes
0%
Williams F1
No votes
0%
Red Bull
No votes
0%
STR, for biting of much more than they could chew. From the team that was Miniardi, they came from nowhere and even won a race. Who could of ever predicted that.
Next to that, McLaren. They were faultless all year long. Ignoring Heikkis problems anyway.

And Lewis didnt have mistakes? TBH McLaren & Ferrari were pretty lame this year. BMW, Renault and STR were the best teams to watch this year. No winging, No Stupid Mistakes, No Rule Breaking. Just solid and Improving performances. :thumbup:
By bud
STR, for biting of much more than they could chew. From the team that was Miniardi, they came from nowhere and even won a race. Who could of ever predicted that.
Next to that, McLaren. They were faultless all year long. Ignoring Heikkis problems anyway.

And Lewis didnt have mistakes? TBH McLaren & Ferrari were pretty lame this year. BMW, Renault and STR were the best teams to watch this year. No winging, No Stupid Mistakes, No Rule Breaking. Just solid and Improving performances. :thumbup:

Not quite true, Renault and STR among others were under suspicion of moving wings.

and people give McLaren and Ferrari crap for making mistakes, thats easy to say but those two teams were the ones in the fight and under the most pressure. BMW Sauber were there abouts but never really had that kind of pressure Ferrari and McLaren had.
Although I think that McLaren-Mercedes deserve it for building the best all-round car, I think that Renault's major improvements in the second half of the season showed what a great team needs to be capable of. Going from occasional point-scorer to podium/win challengers in the space of a season is pretty impressive. :)

Those wins (as impressive as they were) was down mostly to luck more than the car. Don't get me wrong the Renault team had stepped up thier game in the last half of the season but if not for a few lucky incidents Alonso would never have won a race this year

I vote for Mclaren they put together a reliable car and won the championship. Simple

I disagree to some extent. Sure, getting in to a position to challenge for the win was a little lucky, but the lap times that Fernando was pulling out (particularly in Japan) were better than those of the apparently faster cars driven by Raikkonen, Massa and Hamilton. The only person who really looked like challenging for the win other than Fernando was Kovalainen until his engine went, but I think that FA might still have beaten him to it.

The win in Singapore was lucky, but there was nothing fortunate about Japan; Renault won the race on pure merit. I also agree with you about Kovalainen. Had his engine lasted, he would never have won the race.

See our F1 related articles too!