FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Are you primarily a driver or team supporter?

I'm primarily a driver supporter
60%
I'm primarily a team supporter
33%
I support both driver and team equally
7%
I don't support any team or driver, I just enjoy the racing
No votes
0%
I can probably hazard a guess about most people on the forum, but I thought it might be interesting if people said how they enjoy F1 and why. Are you primarily a driver supporter? team supporter? Enjoy both equally? If that's the case what would you do if your favourite driver left your favourite team? Or are you not bothered which team or driver wins, you just enjoy the racing who ever. Tell us what presses your buttons :wink:
That must be a nice way to watch. I invest far too much emotion in it. Sometimes I can hardly bare to watch. I was a bit as you described when Montoya left before Lewis came. It was much easier viewing ! But even then I found myself wanting Alonso to beat Schumacher.
I thought Jenson was your man?
I was almost on Tifosi level with McLaren between 1998 - 2004...until they kicked out DC for Montoya which made me go 'what.....'. And then I got completely pi$$ed off when they ditched Kimi for whatshisface.

I really enjoyed BMWs performance in 2007 although their drivers were a bit boring and I was really hoping for a superstar to join the team.....and they decided to pi$$ off from the sport entirely. :crying:

Since then, driver...until 2013 when Schumi left and the King joined them. :D

Right up till Monaco this year, I still support the team but unfortunately couldn't care for 1 of the cars anymore. But I still like the team and how they operate. Mostly for how they've helped wrestled the sport away from Ferrari's control. If both drivers left and 2 new drivers joined (who I thought were talented) I'd still support Merc.
So say Lewis left Merc and Rosberg stayed, but a driver you liked took Lewis' place. Would you still support Merc over the team Lewis went to?
Cos I've found I've supported the team my drivers at, but moved when he has. Williams, McLaren, Merc. Went off Williams when they dumped Damon. Went off Mclaren when the Whitmarsh fiasco took over. I'm fine with Merc at the moment.
If Rosberg stayed and another driver who I thought had potential (at this moment its only Ricc) joined I'd still support the team but want Ricciardo to beat Rosberg. The team can still win it all (the WCC and WDC) and still have one of their drivers get beaten flat in the face....as what will happen this year.

But say if Lewis went to McLaren and was partnered by Magnussen (who is cool but not sharp end yet) I'd support McLaren to an extent. But not so much...when I think 'McLaren' my mind goes back to the old black/white West livery, that was the true McLaren for me. :cloud9: Oh, and a large part of why I supported McLaren at that time was because of Mercedes anyway.
That must be a nice way to watch. I invest far too much emotion in it. Sometimes I can hardly bare to watch. I was a bit as you described when Montoya left before Lewis came. It was much easier viewing ! But even then I found myself wanting Alonso to beat Schumacher.

No, I slighly went through all the F1 drivers names with SWMBO and she liked the name. She did not realise it was a drivers name until it was too late lol.

Sent using NCC-1701
...I thought Jenson was your man?

No, I slighly went through all the F1 drivers names with SWMBO and she liked the name...

tsk :nono: tsk :nono: tsk :nono:

haha... cool way to name your son, though!! :clap:
I've said it many a time that I haven't been watching F1 as long as most of you;
but, I came to it through a friend. He was all about Schumi and Ferrari and it
just fascinated me that they seemed to dominate so conclusively. I know that
many people don't like that period of F1; but, I personally don't like this one!

Anyway, I'm primarily a Ferrari fan (notice I did not use the word "Tifosa" as it
would seem so many of our members think it means "fanatic" and there are a
number of them around, even if they don't support Ferrari)! I have no problem
believing that it's the team that wins, in that the driver, the car, the mechanics,
etc, are all a part of that team, because I truly do believe that the whole is much
greater than the sum of the parts. Sure, there comes a time when one component
may be stronger than the others; but, in the end, hopefully, the complement each
other and produce a winning team!

Having said that, I am also able to cheer for drivers when the leave Ferrari, just
as long as they aren't beating us. I was dismayed when Schumi didn't have the
comeback I had anticipated, especially since I hadn't been around to watch him
win all those titles; but, that also made my life easier as I didn't have to choose
between him and Ferrari!! I was disappointed in Ferrari when they chose to keep
Massa and showed Kimi the door, which is why I was so very happy when he came
back. To be honest, I actually felt vindicated, in spite of his poor showing this year.

I won't switch my allegiance to Ferrari! It's that simple!
Im a team supporter in pretty much every team sport that i watch....ever since i started watching f1, i have been a mclaren supporter....during some yrs, i choose between 2 mclaren drivers on who i wanna support but there are also yrs where i dont care who wins as long as he's a mclaren driver.
So who are your current drivers?
I've said it many a time that I haven't been watching F1 as long as most of you;
but, I came to it through a friend. He was all about Schumi and Ferrari and it
just fascinated me that they seemed to dominate so conclusively. I know that
many people don't like that period of F1; but, I personally don't like this one!

Anyway, I'm primarily a Ferrari fan (notice I did not use the word "Tifosa" as it
would seem so many of our members think it means "fanatic" and there are a
number of them around, even if they don't support Ferrari)! I have no problem
believing that it's the team that wins, in that the driver, the car, the mechanics,
etc, are all a part of that team, because I truly do believe that the whole is much
greater than the sum of the parts. Sure, there comes a time when one component
may be stronger than the others; but, in the end, hopefully, the complement each
other and produce a winning team!

Having said that, I am also able to cheer for drivers when the leave Ferrari, just
as long as they aren't beating us. I was dismayed when Schumi didn't have the
comeback I had anticipated, especially since I hadn't been around to watch him
win all those titles; but, that also made my life easier as I didn't have to choose
between him and Ferrari!! I was disappointed in Ferrari when they chose to keep
Massa and showed Kimi the door, which is why I was so very happy when he came
back. To be honest, I actually felt vindicated, in spite of his poor showing this year.

I won't switch my allegiance to Ferrari! It's that simple!

I kinda guessed where you fell on this one Sagi :hehe: no need to apologise for being a Tifosi. The word encompasses passion and loyal support. Nothing wrong with that whoever you're supporting.
I watched Schumi all through his dominant years and I'm afraid I'm one of those who didn't like him, for reasons that have already been given in previous discussions.
I like real competition, I like to see drivers make a difference , and I like exciting talented drivers. Lewis fits the bill perfectly. Damon and Montoya, partly fit the bill but they both grabbed my heart any way. Maybe because they took on Schumacher against the odds.
I never felt Schumacher was the ideal Ferrari driver. He came over as lacking passion, clinical, cold and calculating. But he brought home the silverware , so I guess that made him the perfect Ferrari driver.

No, I slighly went through all the F1 drivers names with SWMBO and she liked the name. She did not realise it was a drivers name until it was too late lol.

Sent using NCC-1701

I like the name Jenson. Jenson Button is actually a brilliant name for a racing driver. I also like the Finish names, Kimi, Mika, Heiki and I like Kiki. I think they'd all be good for a boy or a girl.

See our F1 related articles too!