FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Ron keeps Button, Yes or No?

No
100%
Yes
No votes
0%
As a few newcommers to the site may not yet know the whole context behind Button ending up as lead driver and leading over practically the 2 worst years in their recent history, on track as well as off track with respect to sponsors running for the hills with the boss of Santandar famously saying they pulled most of their budget from the team because Button is in a different league from the driver who was there previously - Lewis

So Button was very lucky to have been employed on the third highest wage (Alonso and Lewis money) at a time the team were under a completely new management 'style' compared to that of the previous 3 decades. The ideas and approach of that brief period has been completely erased and surgically removed, infact buried so deep its like it didnt exist.

however Button on his 3rd highest wage remains on contract till the end of 2014. In the media we have 2 different views of who will be employed in 2015

From Button we have this
But Button has held extensive talks recently with Dennis.

"I'm not worried in any way about that. I'm pretty happy I'll be here next year, and I feel I'm doing a good job right now,” he said.

"I just have to sort Saturdays a bit more.

“I've been a bit unlucky and not got the best out of it every weekend, which annoys me more than anything else, but I'll get there.”

And he talked for the first time about 2015 and the scale of the challenge Honda face.

"I know Honda will be giving everything to be competitive from the word go, but Formula One is so competitive now, and Mercedes have done a great job,” he said.

"It's always going to be tricky to challenge someone like that who have the experience of the engine already.

"There will definitely be a learning curve."

and from the team we have this
'It's down to Ron and I, but Ron has the last call as the owner and chairman of the company, although when it comes to protocol it is the board that has the last call.

'But Ron and I generally agree. On this subject (of the drivers) we are quite transparent and open together.

'We have our view, and have some preferences in the timing, but we are okay on what we expect, what we want, where we want to go, and it's working okay.'

So will Button be at Mclaren in 2015?

See our F1 related articles too!