6%
Investigation ordered - then small grid drop for Nico
No votes
0%
Investigation ordered - then a meaningful penalty for Nico
17%
No investigation but Merc penalise Nico in a meaningful way
28%
Ok so its pretty clear now from the media quotes of what Niico did. Putting aside any like or dislike for Hamilton or Nico, I am interested in the outcome of this and more importantly what fellow members think will be the outcome. So a quick poll on any outcome before the next race.

Just to set out what the outcome should be for;

Nico crashed into Lewis, either by being clumsy - racing incident, or by calculation - more serious

So far the stewards position is that it was a racing incident based on the evidence during the race -Nico misjudged etc, these things happen, no further action or even investigation

Since then Nico has confirmed that he was in a position to avoid the accident but didnt take to the run off area to avoid a collision. His position is that there was a gap, he was faster and so went for it and thought Lewis would jump off the racing line to avoid the collission.

Therefore the stewards position of a racing incident would have had to be an investigation to see if either driver was guilty of causing an AVOIDABLE accident HAD they been aware of Nicos deliberate and not clumsy game of 'chicken'
Now that new evidence has come to light - Nicos deliberation in sticking his front wing in a rapidly diminishing space were they to order an investigation it is clear that there would be some penalty IF they found that Lewis could not have done anything to avoid it having left a cars width.

So what do you think happens next?
What I think happens next is different than what I think SHOULD happen next.

The likelihood exist that unless there's some type of formal "protest" or charge by either Lewis or Mercedes, it's entirely a Mercedes situation to handle since the stewards had their head up their asses once again.

I'd like to see no FiA involvement whatsoever, and Mercedes bench Nico in Monza.
But now Lewis has made those claims, and they have been reported in the media, its no longer a case of a team reporting an incident but the FIA have every mandate now to investigate what is now a disrepute scenario. Either Hamilton is guilty of causing disrepute by what is a serious claim, or the case has to be reopened to examine the claims.

Remember in 2007 the FIA didnt need any team or any complaint beyond the Hamiltons one time and Alonso another time to take a closer look once claims were made in public.

I would like the FIA to stay out and for Merc to regain the goodwill and differentiate themselves from RBR by sitting Nico out of a race and letting Bird drive.

But I am curious in this poll to find out how close we are as a group to guessing how the FIA handle this new twatgate.
If nothing happens it will have an effect for the rest of the season beyond just giving Nico an increased lead in the championship, Nico abused the trust the drivers must have in one another to race against each other and if he gets away with it then it could ruin the racing for the remainder of the season. I don't see a grid drop or a post race time penalty being enough, possibly exclusion from Belgium would be appropriate.

I doubt that'll be the outcome though.
Its was a D!ck move from Rosberg, Should he be penalise, well maybe. but to say its deliberately, Surely not IMO, Perhaps Rosberg was being sarcastic or something when he said it, idk what goes thru his head. But we have seen front wings clip rear tyres heaps of times since 2009 when they introduce the "wider front wings" and on some occasion it would totally wreck the one side of front wing more than what happened to Rosberg and not even puncture Lewis' rear tyre. So some cases it could've been Rosberg that would lose out and Lewis to drive off into the distance and win. Is that a gamble that Rosberg would take?? Is he that desperate??

If he did do it on purpose then its firstly its a disgrace and also a stupid gamble on Nico's part. It could've ruined his race more than it did. If he wanted to do something sly, then there are better options than what he did.

Well thats my thinking anyway.
From that point on, Lewis finished first, Nico second. With his calculated move, Nico finished second, Lewis out of the point. What's calculated gamble say? He wasn't going to ruin his race, just a shot of ruining his teammates. If id didn't work, well he finished in the same place he was going to finish.

You'd put that beyond him when time and time again this season he's been unable to pass Lewis? He proved a point alright. Not once did the guy say he was sorry for ruining Lewis race, he said he had every right to be there, that he was side by side... not only is he desperate, he's delusional. IMO.

An yet he's leading the WDC now buy 29 point. :thumbup:
I'm giving Nico the Benefit of the doubt on this but not by much, a number of other things could've went wrong for Nico in that incident, who knows. The Monaco Q thing was deliberate IMO, but that was a smart sly devil thing to do, where this would be outright stupid. Surely he wouldn't be that stupid?? though It wouldn't surprise me if he is.
Up to Mercedes to take disciplinary action.

I bet if these guys were in different teams and they clashed that way, Rosberg would be given a drive through 100%. It's just the fact that the same team was affected which made it easier for the clowns in the stewards office to kick back and call it a 'nothing'.

If the Mercedes heads were serious about their disappointment, they have to do something. But what? Bench their WDC leader and let Ricciardo catch up? Penalizing Rosberg in anyway penalizes the team heavily, so what is to be done?

What SHOULD have been done was in the freakin race, a drive through (at least) for Rosberg and now with this new evidence, a 2 race ban from the FIA or some such. He's basically said he did not avoid an avoidable incident (this part is clear and confirmed by Wolff) but will the stewards do anything?

I have very little faith, since the perpetrator isn't Lewis Hamilton.
I voted that fia should not investigate but the team should punish. I dont think rosberg deliberately hit hamilton. I think he deliberately left his nose in there to give hamilton the option of hitting it or not which is different than blatantly causing a collission. Racing incidents happen. It's not the first one we've ever seen and not the last.

Reading the comments, I'm not sure what fantasy world anybody's living in when they think hamilton was going to win without the puncture. Rosberg was already faster than hamilton as showcased by a botched pass attempt. If he wasn't faster, he'd have never had the chance at a botched pass attempt.
Nico said in his hungary video blog that the thing that annoyed him most, out of things like safety car being deployed improperly and lewis not moving over for him, was that he didnt get past hamilton with his move on the final lap. I think Nico's point was 'try that again and see what happens when i don't back off'. This had been simmering away in him since hungary and he did it first chance he got, knowing there would be contact, to try and stamp his authority over lewis.
Nico said in his hungary video blog that the thing that annoyed him most, out of things like safety car being deployed improperly and lewis not moving over for him, was that he didnt get past hamilton with his move on the final lap. I think Nico's point was 'try that again and see what happens when i don't back off'. This had been simmering away in him since hungary and he did it first chance he got, knowing there would be contact, to try and stamp his authority over lewis.

Hmm...I haven't seen the video. I think I'll find it now.

Can't hear sh1t on it with these speakers, I'll have to wait til I get home to see it :yikes: He got shafted so bad by that safety car, something a lot of people voluntarily overlook.

Can't hear sh1t on it with these speakers, I'll have to wait til I get home to see it :yikes: He got shafted so bad by that safety car, something a lot of people voluntarily overlook.

He got gifted a win in Germany by the safety car as well, something a lot of people overlooked.

He got gifted a win in Germany by the safety car as well, something a lot of people overlooked.

Nah dude even with a safety car he'd have won. If I remember right he was far enough ahead to still be leading if he pitted again like hamilton did

See our F1 related articles too!