Kevin Magnussen
3%
Jules Bianchi
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%

This is better. Out of the small community that is FORUMULA1 , four people thought Ricciardo rather than Lewis Hamilton was the driver the year so far.
Sigh. People like a new hero. Me, I like my old one.

I'd say a certain % of the people who clicked on Ricciardo just didn't want Hamilton to win this poll. :wink:

:yes:
I'd say a certain % of the people who clicked on Hamilton just didn't want Ricciardo to win this poll. :wink::-)

Sent using NCC-1701

No one dislikes Ricciardo on this forum. He's not a full fledged star yet, and up and comers normally have no haters. :D
No silly! We clicked on Hamilton because he's the best!! Ricciardo can have second place because he's fast and fair and smiles a lot and he's beaten FI...FI...fin...er Sebastian :D
No silly! We clicked on Hamilton because he's the best!! Ricciardo can have second place because he's fast and fair and smiles a lot and he's beaten FI...FI...fin...er Sebastian :D

No he isnt the best. Look at the poll result.

:D

He is really though. It's just some people would rather have their head explode than admit it.

He is really though. It's just some people would rather have their head explode than admit it.

The way a couple of them comment on here, I think the explosion might have already happened.

The poll isn't about the best driver, it's driver of the year, and the novelty factor is a big part with a referencing period of just a year. But you are right in that once some in depth psychopathics is performed on the polls hidden meaning Lewis comes out as the worst driver :hehe:
So one qualifying error compared to two qualifying errors. Not much is it. Not much to say one of those drivers is more consistent than the other. A championship won't hinge on that, it will hinge on the car failures. Rosberg is perceived as more consistent because of all the bad luck Hamilton has had. It sways perception.

Where was Rosberg's quali error?

He has made several, including screwing his final Q3 run and getting bailed out by Lewis having his discounted

If you are referring to Austria before Hamiltons lap was discounted on the first Q3 runs Rosberg was 2nd and Lewis 5th (behind Alonso). In the final runs both Williams improved, Lewis spun and caused yellow flags preventing Rosberg from improving.

So had the stewards not disallowed Hamilton's lap, he would have started 5th at best following his error, while Rosberg would have remained 3rd and Alonso 4th.

I understood that Hamilton's disallowed lap was good enough for pole?

No. His lap put him P4 then Rosberg knocked him down to P5 after.

Sorry about the bad quality, but it was the best I could find on youtube. He was 0.2 up in the first 2 sectors but then lost 0.6 in S3 by going off at the penultimate corner.
Another win by Ricciardo! He is the best driver of all this season.

See our F1 related articles too!