Kevin Magnussen
3%
Jules Bianchi
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
So one qualifying error compared to two qualifying errors. Not much is it. Not much to say one of those drivers is more consistent than the other. A championship won't hinge on that, it will hinge on the car failures. Rosberg is perceived as more consistent because of all the bad luck Hamilton has had. It sways perception.

Where was Rosberg's quali error?
So one qualifying error compared to two qualifying errors. Not much is it. Not much to say one of those drivers is more consistent than the other. A championship won't hinge on that, it will hinge on the car failures. Rosberg is perceived as more consistent because of all the bad luck Hamilton has had. It sways perception.

He has made several, including screwing his final Q3 run and getting bailed out by Lewis having his discounted
Monaco of course, we can overlook that the "error" worked in his favor. :hehe:

Hmm :ranting:

Exactly! :bricks:

He has made several, including screwing his final Q3 run and getting bailed out by Lewis having his discounted

If you are referring to Austria before Hamiltons lap was discounted on the first Q3 runs Rosberg was 2nd and Lewis 5th (behind Alonso). In the final runs both Williams improved, Lewis spun and caused yellow flags preventing Rosberg from improving.

So had the stewards not disallowed Hamilton's lap, he would have started 5th at best following his error, while Rosberg would have remained 3rd and Alonso 4th.
This sh** is going in circles.

I thought we ha 2-3 pages discussing this and concluded that Rosberg has been better on Saturdays and Lewis on Sundays so far this season.

And Lewis is 11 points behind after suffering 2 DNFs and 2 sh** qualifyings (Rosberg had 1 DNF and perfect qualifying cars) not down to his errors. Which in itself points to the fact that as far as driving for points goes (and this is when it matters), Lewis can never be said to be less consistent than Rosberg.

What's left to argue?

If you are referring to Austria before Hamiltons lap was discounted on the first Q3 runs Rosberg was 2nd and Lewis 5th (behind Alonso). In the final runs both Williams improved, Lewis spun and caused yellow flags preventing Rosberg from improving.

So had the stewards not disallowed Hamilton's lap, he would have started 5th at best following his error, while Rosberg would have remained 3rd and Alonso 4th.

I understood that Hamilton's disallowed lap was good enough for pole?
At the time I think yes, but his point is that by the end of the session it would've only netted him 5th.
So - its conclusive. Ricciardo is better than Lewis. Can we lock the thread now.

(im just gutted I was the only one who voted for who I voted for)

A Mags fan :)

Nah Ricci ain't better than Lewis. He's just shaken up the establishment more than Lewis this year. Now that's an achievement in itself!
So - its conclusive. Ricciardo is better than Lewis. Can we lock the thread now.

Nah Ricci ain't better than Lewis. He's just shaken up the establishment more than Lewis this year. Now that's an achievement in itself!

No. 15 is better than 9.

Better.

;)

No. 15 is better than 9.

Better.

;)

This is better. Out of the small community that is FORUMULA1 , four people thought Ricciardo rather than Lewis Hamilton was the driver the year so far.
Sigh. People like a new hero. Me, I like my old one.

This is better. Out of the small community that is FORUMULA1 , four people thought Ricciardo rather than Lewis Hamilton was the driver the year so far.
Sigh. People like a new hero. Me, I like my old one.

I'd say a certain % of the people who clicked on Ricciardo just didn't want Hamilton to win this poll. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!