FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If you had to support an alternative driver, who would it be?

Rosberg
No votes
0%
Hamilton
No votes
0%
Vettel
No votes
0%
Ricciardo
55%
Alonso
No votes
0%
Raikkonen
9%
Button
No votes
0%
Massa
No votes
0%
Bottas
18%
Another - please state (sorry just realised this question doesnt lend itself to a poll. Oh well).
18%
By LRW
Ok. So.

If your favourite driver of the moment stopped racing, who would you support if you had to support another driver? Please lets be honest in this poll, and give some reasons below.

Personally, if the driver I supported stopped driving, I think I'd have to support either Grosjean or Ricciardo. Both have shown some excellent driving skill in their time, and have battled and beaten WDC team mates.
By racechick
That was an easy choice for me. If Lewis wasn't in F1 it would be Ricciardo. Very fast, very fair, never seen or heard him do anything sneaky or sly or selfish, but that doesn't make him soft. Remember how he dealt with being told to hang back from Vettel? He politely said basically, no, I won't be doing that. And that smile!!!!

I also like Grosjean , and I think Bottas is very good....but I somehow just can't really warm to Bottas, don't know why.

It would be Ricciardo.

EDIT. I think Alonso is the next best driver to Lewis but don't think he could ever be my man.
By Hammer278
This has to be the easiest poll ever.

With RC&RC (racechick/ricciardo) 100%.

Interesting though, could Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel ever be someone's "alternative" driver? :wink:
By 1Lemon
Daniil Kyvat, I'm beginning to like him more and more.
Both have shown some excellent driving skill in their time, and have battled and beaten WDC team mates.

:gonnagetit: Vettel technically hasn't been beaten yet. :twisted:
By LRW
Both have shown some excellent driving skill in their time, and have battled and beaten WDC team mates.

I meant in a race, not over a season. Did Grosjean beat Raikkonen overall last year?
By CookinFlat6
Tough call for me, as far as drivers I would be happy to do well if Lewis was in a deferent series ( say he defected to Formula e, and turned it into an F1 busting commercial success single handed )
So 'my' type of driver would be Ricc, Nico and Bottas in that order
Now back to reality, Ricc is at RBR so that rules him out
Nico is clouding my judgement on his race craft and twat potential by having the best car so no go
It would have to be Bottas as cheerng for him would be like cheering for Claire :cloud9:

I meant in a race, not over a season. Did Grosjean beat Raikkonen overall last year?

Well say what you mean then! You know how harsh we are with words around here. If you were in a completely dark room, with only the light of an LED clock.... :hehe:
Hulk, Dani, Val in that order, the order would be subject to change based on the seat they were sitting in. This isn't a talent list either, as IMO none of them are anywhere near the Alonso and Hamilton neighborhood yet.
By LRW
Well say what you mean then! You know how harsh we are with words around here. If you were in a completely dark room, with only the light of an LED clock.... :hehe:

....i'd turn on the light.
By Hammer278

....i'd turn on the light.

And see the Flav naked and all his splendor.
It's an interesting poll for me, because I tend to support teams rather than drivers. Being a McLaren fan, I obviously cheer on Kevin Magnussen and Jenson Button. And then there are the drivers I would want to date. :twisted:

If I was to select someone else, I would go for Valterri Bottas. He's fast, and one can sense that he is a star of the future. I also like Williams, and I hope he enjoys further success with them. I've particularly enjoyed watching Bottas race this season.

See our F1 related articles too!